Dak Watch All-22: 10 Plays

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I watched the other all-22 clip that was posted. what stands out is how bad the OL played. Cardinals were very effective rushing 4 and breaking down the OL and dropping 7 against 3,4 WRs....Moore also telegraphed a few plays as they seemed ready for it. I saw Biadasz stand a few plays and block no one and the defender he expected was 10 yards down field....yet he didn't move over and help the other guys....that's stupid. same with williams. the 4.51 mark play in this clip, when they drop the middle 4 LBs into coverage (great defensive scheme) and the guards are standing around along with Biadaz with no one to blitz while tackles have to deal with double teams. the OL has to recognize faster and slide over and help. initially I thought that Dak should have changed the play to run given they had 6 LBs, but realized it was 3rd and 11 and that would be risky.

got to give it to AZ, their DL played great. they spent most of the night in our back field. they managed the run defense with front 4 and 5 and were able to rush effectivel with 4. the OL has to play better. we have to establish the run game.

Folks are slow to come around to it but Biadasz is not good and his ceiling is low on terms of development IMO.

There’s been a few screen plays where he’s running in the open field like a bow-legged hippo with blinders on.

ondaedg

Reaction score
That WR screen needs to be thrown out and burned. Arizona saw it coming a mile away and almost had a pick 6. Moore needs to wake up. So does Dak. The offense has become stale, and reminiscent of Garrett. Where is the pre snap motion? Where are the RPO's? Where are the quick throws on slants etc to back the defense off?

Ya that screen ship sailed 11 weeks ago.

Sydla

Reaction score
Folks are slow to come around to it but Biadasz is not good and his ceiling is low on terms of development IMO.

There’s been a few screen plays where he’s running in the open field like a bow-legged hippo with blinders on.

OL is an under discussed issue that needs fixing this offseason.

LG is an issue. C is definitely an issue.

buddieluver

Reaction score
Yes....DAK can't figure it out...not the OC.

They know our scheme. I actually noticed this going through the all 22....they know what we are doing in certain formations. Some are very obvious to the layman, like the OL out wide is a screen....but there are other formations where they will max blitz us and have a guy coming through the gap and jumping and blocking the only hot route in the play.

It is quite obvious our scheme has been figured out. Coupled with the hobbled running back we have...recipe for disaster.

105.3 the fan said Moore does not scheme he just calls random plays.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
This is true of every QB in the NFL...good or bad....to varying degrees.

Dak certainly needs to play better

But one way to mitigate the impact of things like this....RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!!!! And our inability to run the ball puts it ALL on Dak. And I am okay with Dak...but I also know he is not Brady or Rodgers. So the highly paid head coach who is an offensive mind...and the boy genius everyone has penciled in for multiple head coaching jobs next year. Need to do their job as well.

Run the ball… Effectively!
Dont just bang in the center for 1, 1.5 yards and say it is not working, try running with moving pocket , off tackle , outside , screens , draws etc. see which will be effective in what the defense is throwing at and do it. Use the zone running, extra OL as FB etc.

Its unfathomable to think all the defenses can stop the run game without even crowding the box .

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Yes....DAK can't figure it out...not the OC.

They know our scheme. I actually noticed this going through the all 22....they know what we are doing in certain formations. Some are very obvious to the layman, like the OL out wide is a screen....but there are other formations where they will max blitz us and have a guy coming through the gap and jumping and blocking the only hot route in the play.

It is quite obvious our scheme has been figured out. Coupled with the hobbled running back we have...recipe for disaster.
Dak Prescot is not smart enough to shoulder a team and that's a fact! If it's not a perfect situation then it's game over. Yes, he looks like he has a handle on the lousy teams because the defense is dictating the pace of the game, not the offense. After a turnover and the Boys get the ball inside the 20 yd line the lousy teams go into panic mode, where as the good teams go into lockdown mode and Dak can't compete with that, he's not smart enough to read the mind of a decent DC!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

Reaction score
Dak Prescot is not smart enough to shoulder a team and that's a fact! If it's not a perfect situation then it's game over. Yes, he looks like he has a handle on the lousy teams because the defense is dictating the pace of the game, not the offense. After a turnover and the Boys get the ball inside the 20 yd line the lousy teams go into panic mode, where as the good teams go into lockdown mode and Dak can't compete with that, he's not smart enough to read the mind of a decent DC!!!!!!!!!!
He's not smart enough????

Wow...you know him? This is some great inside information you have here. I wonder if the Cowboys knew this before they gave him all of this money?

:facepalm:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Are you calling me a Dak homer. Dak hasn’t been the same since the pats game. I can tell after the second drive how Daks game is going to go. He has bad games. I don’t see how you can call me that. I back who ever is playing QB of my team. But I am not making excuses for him. Offense as a whole deserves credit and blame. If Dak don’t figure out how to change these things or audible out then we are going to look like that again. I think he can. Right now our Defense is carrying us.

This is what is confounding to me. Bellicheck threw the kitchen sink at Dak scheme/formation-wise, a lot of unconventional looks and late movement, and he passed with flying colors. Even the Boston writers were commenting on this after the game. So it really doesn't make much sense to me why he's been hesitant and seemingly indecisive when facing these different defensive schemes since that game. Whatever it is Dak needs to tighten up. Who knows what's going on in the coaching room but I hope McCarthy is assisting Moore, who clearly has issues adjusting...

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Run the ball… Effectively!
Dont just bang in the center for 1, 1.5 yards and say it is not working, try running with moving pocket , off tackle , outside , screens , draws etc. see which will be effective in what the defense is throwing at and do it. Use the zone running, extra OL as FB etc.

Its unfathomable to think all the defenses can stop the run game without even crowding the box .
I'm fine with that. But all I am saying...is this is bigger than a Dak problem. Our run blocking has been average. We are the most penalized team in the NFL. We get in unmanageable down and distances because of penalties on the OL. We drop the ball more than most teams in the NFL. Zeke and Pollard are beat up. And yes....Dak is not as accurate as he needs to be on a consistent basis. But if Dak plays better and we fail to clean up those other aforementioned things....we will still be an easy early out in the playoffs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
OL is an under discussed issue that needs fixing this offseason.

LG is an issue. C is definitely an issue.
people don't want to admit or perhaps they have. Smith is struggling. he had his hands full with chandler jones. it always takes him a couple of games to get back in the groove. problem is he has been injured the past few years...time to find the future LT

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How about the missed FG. The fact our Defense used Parsons as a spy in the middle. We played almost prevent. Left the middle open and IMO respected there qb to much.

But what I can’t figure out is all the way to after the vikings game we looked that good. I know injuries to QB and RBs and WRs and at some point both sides to the trenches effected us. But in the loses Dak has looked a little lost. Reminds me of 2017 when they threw stuff he hasn’t seen at him and just blitzed him.. By now he should recognize most coverages. So not sure that’s it. We are abandoning the run game which is my guess. We need a running game. Is it Dak reading a defense and audibles out of the run. I see them stacking for the run. But you have to keep chipping away and eventually you start breaking runs..
we might look like a big big mess, but we are close. its a few small stuff that needs fixing....for example we had success moving the ball, converting 3rd downs, but then stupid penalties. we had zeke, pollard, schultz drop passes that negated drives and put us in a hole....these little things need to be cleaned up....if we clean up half of those its not a 25-22 game, we win easily.

but, with that said. OL had big issues. they were down right awful.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He has been off. He is over throwing or under throwing. He had Cooper and others open but throwing way low.. Leg or shoulder or both. Figure it out and fix it now along with the O-Line..
that's his footwork being inconsistent.....then sometimes he is trying to compensate, yet his feet are good so he over compensates...not sure what happened to his footwork, but its very very sloppy right now...

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
that's his footwork being inconsistent.....then sometimes he is trying to compensate, yet his feet are good so he over compensates...not sure what happened to his footwork, but its very very sloppy right now...
This is what puzzling, when he cant diagnose the defenses , his whole mechanics suffers, he cant place his foot , he cant consistently run and slide , he cant throw correctly, misses receivers , throw too low or too high or get batted down …. Multitude of problems . Why ?

GORICO

Reaction score
This Dak Watch series is put out by BtBoys. The guy that does these (Mark Schofield) does a really good job.

Some of the defensive formations the Cards ran were interesting and ran effectively creating confusion.

The Cards had Budda Baker come down on the line to play the passing lanes that Dak typically goes to when pressed.

thanks Cal Poly

Zman5

Reaction score
I that sticks concept every player just runs down and turns every it was ove used by Garrett and very inefficient.

I've been pointing this out since early JG days. I hate that play/route concept. It is very easy for defenders to just sit back and watch the QB and then pounce on it and knock the ball away easily.

I think Dak might have thrown it toward the middle to avoid the defender getting to the ball and thought Amari would adjust to it.
If anything, the issue with the pass was not the location but he threw it too hard. Had Dak thrown it little softer, Amari would have had more time to react to it.