Dak Watch All-22: 10 Plays

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Are you calling me a Dak homer. Dak hasn’t been the same since the pats game. I can tell after the second drive how Daks game is going to go. He has bad games. I don’t see how you can call me that. I back who ever is playing QB of my team. But I am not making excuses for him. Offense as a whole deserves credit and blame. If Dak don’t figure out how to change these things or audible out then we are going to look like that again. I think he can. Right now our Defense is carrying us.

Is that why he had 320 yards a 4 tds in the first half a week ago?

glimmerman

Reaction score
At 6:56 in the video he says, "this route here, there is a window to hit this."

He goes on to say it's a, "tight-ish," window, but that doesn't mean it's a closed window. What's weird is I'm seeing people say he can't make the throw because of the tight window, but I'm pretty sure some of those same people have been trying to convince us that Dak is one of the best tight window throwers in the league over the last few years.
Very true. But not Sunday and have seen other games when he just can’t hit anything. This falls on coaching IMO. Just like our O-Line..

glimmerman

Reaction score
The off days falls on coaching or are you saying they have to adjust for when he's off?
OMG wouldn’t it be nice if our staff could say “crap he ain’t hitting anything today. Run it.” .. Lol. Our O-Line has been sloppy for a while now. When opposing defenses can cover then Dak gets concerned because our O-Line is not run blocking and we have a OC that’s begging to go pass happy..

Haimerej

Reaction score
OMG wouldn’t it be nice if our staff could say “crap he ain’t hitting anything today. Run it.” .. Lol. Our O-Line has been sloppy for a while now. When opposing defenses can cover then Dak gets concerned because our O-Line is not run blocking and we have a OC that’s begging to go pass happy..

It's not a popular opinion, but I think what's happened more than the scheme is Dak's pre-snap tendencies have been figured out. Teams are giving him looks that cause him to audible (or not) into what they want. Tony talked about this later in his career. I distinctly remember him talking about not checking out of runs against stacked boxes because you have to keep the defense honest.

Most schemes are designed to work when they're executed properly. Picking up tendencies in the scheme is what separates good players and teams from the bad. We all remember peak Sean Lee playing a run as if he called the play himself. I think Dak has inadvertently admitted that opponent's are picking up these tendencies via the different presnap looks they're giving him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It's not a popular opinion, but I think what's happened more than the scheme is Dak's pre-snap tendencies have been figured out. Teams are giving him looks that cause him to audible (or not) into what they want. Tony talked about this later in his career. I distinctly remember him talking about not checking out of runs against stacked boxes because you have to keep the defense honest.

Most schemes are designed to work when they're executed properly. Picking up tendencies in the scheme is what separates good players and teams from the bad. We all remember peak Sean Lee playing a run as if he called the play himself. I think Dak has inadvertently admitted that opponent's are picking up these tendencies via the different presnap looks they're giving him.
Dak needs to talk to Romo..