Dak Watch All-22: 10 Plays

khiladi

Reaction score
Ugh...he is absolutely baiting him.

He is staring right at Dak...he literally takes 2 steps and is all over the wr...you can see it in the vid.

It is a 25-30 yard throw, he would have had to throw it to the sideline.

Again, this isn't madden that you just throw darts with pinpoint accuracy.

No, he is not. It’s basically a cover 2 zone. Your so wrong.

And now you are redefining what constitutes a deep pass of so many yards, but ‘adjusting’ for the yards to the sideline. It was about 17 yards from the LOS and it’s basically an intermediate route.

And you trying to justify a lack of throw that happens all the time in the NFL is completely asinine and shows you Dak-stans just make stuff up.

You can try and defend him all you want, but this is just another example of Dak when he plays against zones and has to go through his progressions. This is a problem of Dak that has been recognized for ages.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No, its actually You Dak-stans are so comical with your exaggerations regarding this mediocre QB.

I never said he had to go there, I said he was open.
You think he’s baiting him, because the guy said it. It’s basically a ZONE coverage, it’s not baiting and of course Dak is WORRIED. He’s always worried for those type of throws. In reality, the whole sideline is there for Dak to work with.

And it’s basically 17 yards downfield from the LOS and Dak about two yards begin it.

Abd this idea it was a complex coverage is completely irrelevant, you know why? Because the OL stifled every single rusher and Dak has all the time in the world to make the throw.

And you thinking he should have thrown it on the left, of course. It was single safety snd he plays the route of the WR on the right of the WR on the left sideline, so he could challenge that man as well.

In either case, you can’t blame “the play call” or “Moore” of the “WR”, because the OC is supposed to provide the Qb with OPTIONS that Dak didn’t take.

I refer to them as Tad’s. When I saw Tad go at Zach Martin it reminded me a lot of the posters on this forum.

khiladi

Reaction score
I refer to them as Tad’s. When I saw Tad go at Zach Martin it reminded me a lot of the posters on this forum.

It’s basically a cover 2 shell. The only reason these guys are saying ‘baiting’ is because the guy on the video said it. It’s basically a zone and the defender is covering the zone.

Dak has plenty of space to make a SAFE throw, particularly over and to the sideline.

He just pulls it, because he’s slow and scared.

khiladi

Reaction score
So, Dak traditionally has among the lowest passes batted down in the league, and even after last games anamoly of 5, he is still like 23rd in the league.

But ya, he can't drop back. :facepalm:

1. I said THIS game.

2. And Dak not doing a traditional drop back of 5-7 is because he doesn’t do it except rarely and Linehan and Moore have effectively abolished it from the offense, when it’s basically a staple for a Coryell passing attack.

Ken

Reaction score
No, he is not. It’s basically a cover 2 zone. Your so wrong.

And now you are redefining what constitutes a deep pass of so many yards, but ‘adjusting’ for the yards to the sideline. It was about 17 yards from the LOS and it’s basically an intermediate route.

And you trying to justify a lack of throw that happens all the time in the NFL is completely asinine and shows you Dak-stans just make stuff up.

You can try and defend him all you want, but this is just another example of Dak when he plays against zones and has to go through his progressions. This is a problem of Dak that has been recognized for ages.
Ball gets picked...you are the one starting the thread that it was a bad read and all Dak's fault.

Guaranteed.

Living in a world where you are never wrong must be amazing. lol

khiladi

Reaction score
Ball gets picked...you are the one starting the thread that it was a bad read and all Dak's fault.

Guaranteed.

Living in a world where you are never wrong must be amazing. lol

No I stated he was open in the ZONE and had plenty of time to throw it.

you called it baiting, because you just repeated what that guy on the video said, and didn’t even realize he stopped, because he was playing zone.

And arguing about how I would react if Dak got it picked in some imaginary world doesn’t change anything here. Dak had plenty of space to make the throw and not run into a sack.

Ken

Reaction score
No I stated he was open in the ZONE and had plenty of time to throw it.

you called it baiting, because you just repeated what that guy on the video said, and didn’t even realize he stopped, because he was playing zone.

And arguing about how I would react if Dak got it picked in some imaginary world doesn’t change anything here. Dak had plenty of space to make the throw and not run into a sack.
Yes, because the guy in the video said it. :facepalm:

That's me...get my info from others....lol

Nope...it is because that is what happened. You can and usually do bait in a ZONE ....

:facepalm:

khiladi

Reaction score
Yes, because the guy in the video said it. :facepalm:

That's me...get my info from others....lol

Nope...it is because that is what happened. You can and usually do bait in a ZONE ....

:facepalm:

Yes, you can bait in any scenario, including man. And of course you said it because he said it, because all that’s on the video is him leaving his WR into the ZONE. All this ‘baiting’ garbage is complete excuses, because the video clearly shows zone and there is plenty of room to throw it over the defender in front who is playing his zone. But Dak skips through all his progressions despite having all day and takes a sack.

Excuses…

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
So what if he played Pee Wee football QB? This is a guy who spent like the first three minutes analyzing a basic play action fake to Schultz.

He also said he could have made the throw…. That’s a typical sideline intermediate throw over a defender at least 5 feet in front of him. It’s a ZONE coverage and Dak has the sideline to protect him on this throw.

And I said any average QB could make the throw.
Looks like he played as a D3 qb, not exactly high level... but enough to know more about breaking down defenses than you. People like you think you're never wrong, and you hear what you want to hear...

Do more research on how db's bait in Zone defenses.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
It’s basically a cover 2 shell. The only reason these guys are saying ‘baiting’ is because the guy on the video said it. It’s basically a zone and the defender is covering the zone.

Dak has plenty of space to make a SAFE throw, particularly over and to the sideline.

He just pulls it, because he’s slow and scared.

Its confidence or lack of , he doest trust the receiver or himself to complete that ,so he doesnt.

khiladi

Reaction score
Looks like he played as a D3 qb, not exactly high level... but enough to know more about breaking down defenses than you. People like you think you're never wrong, and you hear what you want to hear...

Do more research on how db's bait in Zone defenses.

More excuses….

Every look a defense tried to confuse the QB and make him to something stupid, including a DB trying to bait a QB when he has position. The issue is not whether it happens, the issue is whether the QB has enough room to throw and give the WR an opportunity to catch it

You have no clue what the defender is doing, other than leaving his Wr over, to the safety behind him in the ZONE period. And the issue is whether Dak has enough room and space to make the throw, which include plenty of sideline to protect himself from throwing it where none of the defenders could make a play on it.

The WR had found a HOLE in the zone and settled there and Dak didn’t throw it period. He didn’t anticipate, it was the bottom of the progression and he then took a sack in which he had plenty of time by the OL.

Nothing but excuses, built completely off what the guy in the video said.

UncleRico

Reaction score
Yeah, we got some real nice favorable calls in that Chargers game. So if you can't admit that, whining about 4 games that were taken from us by officials (they weren't) shows how ridiculous all of this is.
The only game we have a legit argument about was Raiders. That was an orchestrated screw job.

khiladi

Reaction score
Its confidence or lack of , he doest trust the receiver or himself to complete that ,so he doesnt.

And the real point is regarding the look the defense showed, dropping everybody and rushing four. In reality, from a pass protection perspective Dak had plenty of time to go through all his progressions and he took a sack.

He also had a sideline route on the left to challenge on his first rear if he wanted, because the other WR route in his inside took the deep safety.

khiladi

Reaction score
Even Dak was supposedly making excuses two weeks back about how defenses are showing him one look and dropping into another, allegedly more than other QBs…

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
You have no clue what the defender is doing, other than leaving his Wr over, to the safety behind him in the ZONE period. And the issue is whether Dak has enough room and space to make the throw, which include plenty of sideline to protect himself from throwing it where none of the defenders could make a play on it.

The WR had found a HOLE in the zone and settled there and Dak didn’t throw it period. He didn’t anticipate, it was the bottom of the progression and he then took a sack in which he had plenty of time by the OL.

Nothing but excuses, built completely off what the guy in the video said.
Thats a whole lot of assuming, built on absolutely nothing.

You don't know what the db is thinking either, all we know is he is has his head turned watching the qb's eyes. If Dak would have thrown a INT, you would've still have called him a bum... no win situation.

khiladi

Reaction score
Thats a whole lot of assuming, built on absolutely nothing.

You don't know what the db is thinking either, all we know is he is has his head turned watching the qb's eyes. If Dak would have thrown a INT, you would've still have called him a bum... no win situation.

Oh, so you are now basically saying you don’t know the DB was baiting now… Who exactly is making the assumptions?

It turns out exactly what I stated, that what we do know is it was ZONE, the DB left him to the safety behind, Dak went through all his progressions, had plenty of time, the WR had a hole in the zone and had plenty of space, INCLUDiNG the sideline for Dak to throw a safe pass for the WR to attempt to catch it, but Dak saw him, hesitated, pulled it down and ran right into a sack..

Thanks..

Ken

Reaction score
Yes, you can bait in any scenario, including man. And of course you said it because he said it, because all that’s on the video is him leaving his WR into the ZONE. All this ‘baiting’ garbage is complete excuses, because the video clearly shows zone and there is plenty of room to throw it over the defender in front who is playing his zone. But Dak skips through all his progressions despite having all day and takes a sack.

Excuses…
Do you know how i know he is baiting Dak?

Because there is no threat to his actual zone which is the flat. Why is there no threat? Because we decided to use 7 to block 4 and had our backup rb blocking someone instead of our overpaid RT.

If we leaked our rb out to the flat, 100% sure that defender cannot play as far back in his zone as he is.

You are also kind of right from a previous post you made...it is a cover two but it is a Tampa Cover 2...you can tell that bc the MLB is carrying the slot wr down the middle deep.

Now...if we had a threat to the defenders zone ..Dak make that throw 100% of the time.

If you argue with this actual football knowledge...you are being disengenius.

khiladi

Reaction score
Do you know how i know he is baiting Dak?

Because there is no threat to his actual zone which is the flat. Why is there no threat? Because we decided to use 7 to block 4 and had our backup rb blocking someone instead of our overpaid RT.

If we leaked our rb out to the flat, 100% sure that defender cannot play as far back in his zone as he is.

You are also kind of right from a previous post you made...it is a cover two but it is a Tampa Cover 2...you can tell that bc the MLB is carrying the slot wr down the middle deep.

Now...if we had a threat to the defenders zone ..Dak make that throw 100% of the time.

If you argue with this actual football knowledge...you are being disengenius.

So now your excuse of ‘baiting’ is that Moore didn’t provide a checkdown route for Zeke in the flat and Dak choosing to throw or not to throw has zero to do with what is actually happening in the football field, meaning the defender had dropped the WR off to the safety playing cover 2, but the WR has plenty of space in that window?

I thought last time you said it was because it was thirty yards downfield?

Not only that you blame the RG for Dak running right into the sack after going through all his progressions..

Ingenious with the excuses for Dak…

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Oh, so you are now basically saying you don’t know the DB was baiting now… Who exactly is making the assumptions?

It turns out exactly what I stated, that what we do know is it was ZONE, the DB left him to the safety behind, Dak went through all his progressions, had plenty of time, the WR had a hole in the zone and had plenty of space, INCLUDiNG the sideline for Dak to throw a safe pass for the WR to attempt to catch it, but Dak saw him, hesitated, pulled it down and ran right into a sack..

Thanks..
Read what I said again...

What do you think I meant when i said "all we know is, he is has his head turned watching the qb's eyes". What do you think that means? If thrown the db is going to make a play for the ball, OR the db will stand there playing zone and let the wr make the catch? Remember these are pro level db's.

I get you think you know everything, but you dont.

Reactions: Ken

khiladi

Reaction score
Read what I said again...

What do you think I meant when i said "all we know is, he is has his head turned watching the qb's eyes". What do you think that means? If thrown the db is going to make a play for the ball, OR the db will stand there playing zone and let the wr make the catch? Remember these are pro level db's.

I get you think you know everything, but you dont.

You mean DBs watch the eyes of the QB on defense and that’s the only indicator of when a QB should or should not throw the ball? It has nothing to do on whether the WR is open or not and the QB can throw it within the vicinity of an area of wheee the WR alone can make a play?