Dak Watch All-22: 10 Plays

Ken

Reaction score
So now your excuse of ‘baiting’ is that Moore didn’t provide a checkdown route for Zeke in the flat and Dak choosing to throw or not to throw has zero to do with what is actually happening in the football field, meaning the defender had dropped the WR off to the safety playing cover 2, but the WR has plenty of space in that window?

I thought last time you said it was because it was thirty yards downfield?

Not only that you blame the RG for Dak running right into the sack after going through all his progressions..

Ingenious with the excuses for Dak…
Now you are being obtuse.

30 yard throw with a defender two steps away is different than that defender being 5 steps away with a threat to his zone.

This is football 101...:facepalm:

Ken

Reaction score
Obtuse or just pointing out how you keep flip-flopping with excuses to absolve Dak…
I didn't flip flop at all..

Very consistent because I know what i am talking about. Your whole argument is speculation. Mine is actual verifiable facts.

khiladi

Reaction score
I didn't flip flop at all..

Very consistent because I know what i am talking about. Your whole argument is speculation. Mine is actual verifiable facts.

Sure Buddy. Your first excuse was it was too far to make the throw and the DB was ‘baiting’ him. Now you threw in Moore not providing another route in the flat with Zeke to take that DB who is supposedly baiting Dak as some justification he shouldn’t have made the throw, as if the defenders responsibility in a zone has all the bearing in whether or not a QB makes a throw.. not whether or not the actual WR had gotten open in the hole in a zone and the QB has room to place the ball where the WR can catch it..

khiladi

Reaction score
It’s simple…

Was the WR open enough for Dak to make the throw in the zone?

Moore provided him options, including the WR on the sideline on the left, with the second WR on his inner side taking the deep safety
The OL gave him plenty of time for his other progressions
The WR “found” a hole in the zone
Dak even had he sideline as a shelter against DBs

But Dak sees him, hesitates, pulls down and takes a sack…

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOLLLL you continue to embarrass yourself with this sheer stupidity.

We scored 22 points vs Arizona. They allowed 20.4 PPG entering the game.

We couldn’t run the ball AT ALL with Dak as our leading rusher (20 yards).

We dropped a handful of passes (DAK’S FAULT DURRRR).

We had a ton of killer, drive-killing penalties (DAK’S FAULT DURRRR).

We missed a short FG, Arizona made their FGs.

And yet we still were 1 defensive stop away from being in position to win or force OT.

Dak had 3 TDs (plus the 2-pt conversion) and the 1 fumble which was a GREAT play by the defender.

You know NOTHING about this sport.

“DURRRRR BET THE HOUSE ON WASHINGTON, GUYS!!!”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Dak had 2 fumbles, he recovered one himself.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
You mean DBs watch the eyes of the QB on defense and that’s the only indicator of when a QB should or should not throw the ball? It has nothing to do on whether the WR is open or not and the QB can throw it within the vicinity of an area of wheee the WR alone can make a play?
Where did I say that was the ONLY indicator? Seasoned qb's recognize multiple indicators and pull the ball in and run or throw it away. Saying a qb is scared because of this, shows how little football knowledge you actually have.

I can't say 100% that's what happened here, but you seem sure no matter what anyone with more football knowledge than you do says.

Edit...

Not talking about me, but the guy breaking down the all22

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Are you calling me a Dak homer. Dak hasn’t been the same since the pats game. I can tell after the second drive how Daks game is going to go. He has bad games. I don’t see how you can call me that. I back who ever is playing QB of my team. But I am not making excuses for him. Offense as a whole deserves credit and blame. If Dak don’t figure out how to change these things or audible out then we are going to look like that again. I think he can. Right now our Defense is carrying us.
If Dak hasn't been the same since the Pats game then how did the Cowboys put 56 pts on the WFT?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Good thing I’m not talking about MY shortcomings then.

I have plenty to say about YOURS though.

You don’t know football and you embarrass yourself here regularly.

Remember this?

“DURRRRR BET THE HOUSE ON WASHINGTON, YOU GUYS!!!”

“TAYLOR HEINICKE’S GOING FOR 300 YARDS AND 3 TDs, YOU GUYS!!!”

“CARSON WENTZ WOULD HAVE 2 MORE WINS WITH ZEKE INSTEAD OF JONATHAN TAYLOR, YOU GUYS!!!”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
:lmao2::laugh:

glimmerman

Reaction score
If Dak hasn't been the same since the Pats game then how did the Cowboys put 56 pts on the WFT?
Or all 43 on the falcons. I think if we execute and our Defense is rolling it helps big time. Do you think when we played the wft that they were a good team, either time. They were pushing for a playoff spot and beat the bucs and were on a roll. Maybe teams have the talent to play the defense that confuses Dak the most.. My understanding was that the coverage the cards were using Dak should have been able to throw it all over. His passes were every where. Had Coop wide open and he had to dive to get it..

Haimerej

Reaction score
Not talking about me, but the guy breaking down the all22

At 6:56 in the video he says, "this route here, there is a window to hit this."

He goes on to say it's a, "tight-ish," window, but that doesn't mean it's a closed window. What's weird is I'm seeing people say he can't make the throw because of the tight window, but I'm pretty sure some of those same people have been trying to convince us that Dak is one of the best tight window throwers in the league over the last few years.

khiladi

Reaction score
At 6:56 in the video he says, "this route here, there is a window to hit this."

He goes on to say it's a, "tight-ish," window, but that doesn't mean it's a closed window. What's weird is I'm seeing people say he can't make the throw because of the tight window, but I'm pretty sure some of those same people have been trying to convince us that Dak is one of the best tight window throwers in the league over the last few years.

This was before the first Washington game:

Dak Prescott This Season

vs Zone Coverage

vs Man Coverage

TD-Int

4-7

15-1

Pressure percentage

29%

32%

Passer rating

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ump-and-its-not-his-calf-injury?_gl=1*12qo00*

Dak simply sucks against zone coverage. He was awful against the Commanders thar game as well. The second game Moore basically has Dak in hurry-up the whole game and the Commanders basically imploded, particularly offensively giving the Cowboys multiple TOs. Even against the Cardinals, Moore came out early in hurry up.

Every year it’s the same thing, when Dak has to throw against zone (outside certain conditions such as soft coverage and down by a lot), he’s mediocre going through his progressions and anticipating. This is nothing new and Dak is who he is.

Now teams aren’t selling out to stop the run and giving Dak all these man looks, because the RG and OL are no longer playing SUPER elite, and it’s exposing him once again.

It’s not difficult for an NFL QB to throw against man, if he’s got adequate blocking and the type of WRs we have. No DB is going to stay on WRs thar long, consistently.

The more this OL and RG trends downward, the more Dak is going to be exposed as a pretender.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Or all 43 on the falcons. I think if we execute and our Defense is rolling it helps big time. Do you think when we played the wft that they were a good team, either time. They were pushing for a playoff spot and beat the bucs and were on a roll. Maybe teams have the talent to play the defense that confuses Dak the most.. My understanding was that the coverage the cards were using Dak should have been able to throw it all over. His passes were every where. Had Coop wide open and he had to dive to get it..

Falcons came out in a lot of man. Generally, Dak throws well against man, which most QBs have no problems doing if their blocking is decent and have WRs our caliber. A decent run game usually forces teams out of zone and Dak was able to check out of it early on when we were basically averaging close to 6 YPC into October.

"They came out and played man (coverage) early. I think we went 5-for-5 against man-for-man," head coach Mike McCarthy said. "They came out with the intention of challenging our perimeter, and I'm sure part of that was last week's game.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/so-much-for-a-blueprint-vs-dak-the-offense

I often looked at defenses and wondered why they sold out so much to stop the run for Dallas. To me it showed that they simply didn’t respect Dak’s passing arm. Now they can afford to do it a lot less irrespective, just because of our RG being off.

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score
Here we go-

Dak was, and i have looked lately, one of the best tight window throwers in the nfl.

Source

So, yesterday Ken says he's, "one of the best tight window throwers in the NFL," but he can't make this throw because, even though the guy said there was a window to hit it, it was, "tight-ish." So, "one of the best tight window throwers in the NFL," can't throw in this tight window without it being picked.

Further, when we say something is, "adjective-ish," that usually means, "kind of," or "sort of," or, "a little bit." So it wasn't even a tight window, it was a "sort of tight," window. You'd think, "one of the best tight window throwers in the NFL," could make that throw.

Ken

Reaction score
Here we go-

Source

So, yesterday Ken says he's, "one of the best tight window throwers in the NFL," but he can't make this throw because, even though the guy said there was a window to hit it, it was, "tight-ish." So, "one of the best tight window throwers in the NFL," can't throw in this tight window without it being picked.

Further, when we say something is, "adjective-ish," that usually means, "kind of," or "sort of," or, "a little bit." So it wasn't even a tight window, it was a "sort of tight," window. You'd think, "one of the best tight window throwers in the NFL," could make that throw.
Tight window throw and dumb throw are two totally different things.

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand?

Haimerej

Reaction score
Tight window throw and dumb throw are two totally different things.

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand?

That's easy to understand.

What I don't understand is why you think this would be a dumb throw.

Ken

Reaction score
That's easy to understand.

What I don't understand is why you think this would be a dumb throw.
BC the guy underneath is staring at Dak and daring him to throw it.

He literally has no one in his zone and is squeezing the route. All he has to do is get a hand on the ball and the guy playing over the top has a pick...

Haimerej

Reaction score
BC the guy underneath is staring at Dak and daring him to throw it.

He literally has no one in his zone and is squeezing the route. All he has to do is get a hand on the ball and the guy playing over the top has a pick...

Yeah. But we're talking about, "one of the best tight window throwers in the NFL," right? I don't think it would be an easy throw, but he's not paid to just make the easy throws.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOLLLL you continue to embarrass yourself with this sheer stupidity.

We scored 22 points vs Arizona. They allowed 20.4 PPG entering the game.

We couldn’t run the ball AT ALL with Dak as our leading rusher (20 yards).

We dropped a handful of passes (DAK’S FAULT DURRRR).

We had a ton of killer, drive-killing penalties (DAK’S FAULT DURRRR).

We missed a short FG, Arizona made their FGs.

And yet we still were 1 defensive stop away from being in position to win or force OT.

Dak had 3 TDs (plus the 2-pt conversion) and the 1 fumble which was a GREAT play by the defender.

You know NOTHING about this sport.

“DURRRRR BET THE HOUSE ON WASHINGTON, GUYS!!!”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
“DURRRRR BET THE HOUSE ON WASHINGTON, YOU GUYS!!!”

“TAYLOR HEINICKE’S GOING FOR 300 YARDS AND 3 TDs, YOU GUYS!!!”

“CARSON WENTZ WOULD HAVE 2 MORE WINS WITH ZEKE INSTEAD OF JONATHAN TAYLOR, YOU GUYS!!!”

- @MountaineerCowboy
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

put that moron on ignore long ago. Is that fool still hanging around? Lol