Dak - What Is Your Solution?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Spell it out. Put it in one thread.

To me there is no trade available that will keep the draft picks in hand to rebuild the defense. So it is sign Dak for me. I see him as a consistent player that can get it done if you can give him protection.

All the defense needs is to keep the opponent under 23 PPG. With the TE's, WR's, and running game, Dallas should average more than that.

I say keep Dak and let go of these silly trades. Andy Dalton is not a solution, by the way. If you pay 40m, well so what. You can ditch Zeke next year. Backload the contract if you need to. Dump Jaylon and push some of that money toward Gallup. But get this done and move on.

Now what is your plan? This is not a slander Dak thread, but your idea. I see a great deal of post attacking Dak that offer zero plans for replacing him. But these people are quick to call Dak out, but little on what they would do other than play Madden with ideas that cannot work.

Here is your shot to GM this situation. Let's see what you got.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

To me there is no trade available that will keep the draft picks in hand to rebuild the defense. So it is sign Dak for me. I see him as a consistent player that can get it done if you can give him protection.

All the defense needs is to keep the opponent under 23 PPG. With the TE's, WR's, and running game, Dallas should average more than that.

I say keep Dak and let go of these silly trades. Andy Dalton is not a solution, by the way. If you pay 40m, well so what. You can ditch Zeke next year. Backload the contract if you need to. Dump Jaylon and push some of that money toward Gallup. But get this done and move on.

Now what is your plan? This is not a slander Dak thread, but your idea. I see a great deal of post attacking Dak that offer zero plans for replacing him. But these people are quick to call Dak out, but little on what they would do other than play Madden with ideas that cannot work.

I just want a resolution one way or the other!!!
So so tired of the drama!

JBS

Reaction score
I wouldn't be in this situation. I would've transition tagged him last year and let the market set the price. Then I could decide to match it or not.
Yeah and he'd be gone

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Yeah and he'd be gone

Depends on the offer and how badly the Cowboys wanted to keep him. You have no idea whether he'd be gone or not, but the matter would've been resolved either way.

Meanwhile, Booger & Son have backed themselves into a corner by trying to control the situation. Two years later there's still no resolution.

Dak doesn't have to do anything now. Sit back and become a free agent or collect $37 million and then become a free agent.

visionary

Reaction score
1. Tell Dak last years offer is our only offer

2. Put non exclusive FT on him. let his agent find a better offer and then let him go for 2 rd 1 picks or for Wilson or number 2 overall to Jets whoever had the best offer

3. use the draft resources to try and get a good QB: Wilson, Watson or draft one if we like one better

move on

Dak has shown me he is all talk and cares only about the last dollar so I’d prefer to move on from this guy

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Tell Dak last years offer is our only offer

2. Put non exclusive FT on him. let his agent find a better offer and then let him go for 2 rd 1 picks or for Wilson or number 2 overall to Jets whoever had the best offer

3. use the draft resources to try and get a good QB: Wilson, Watson or draft one if we like one better

move on

Dak has shown me he is all talk and cares only about the last dollar so I’d prefer to move on from this guy
At this point in time, Visionary, I think this is the best approach.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
1. Tell Dak last years offer is our only offer.

2. Put non exclusive FT on him. let his agent find a better offer and then let him go for 2 rd 1 picks or for Wilson or number 2 overall to Jets whoever had the best offer.

3. use the draft resources to try and get a good QB: Wilson, Watson or draft one if we like one better.

I'll be Dak:

"Cool. I won't sign the franchise tag and you can decide to release me before July 15th or pay me $37 million and I'll leave next year. You can keep your take-it-or-leave-it offer and you can't trade me if I don't sign the tag. My agent and I don't have to do a thing. Draft whoever you like. Later, guys."

At this point in time, Visionary, I think this is the best approach.

See above.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I'll be Dak:

"Cool. I won't sign the franchise tag and you can decide to release me before July 15th or pay me $37 million and I'll leave next year. You can keep your take-it-or-leave-it offer and you can't trade me if I don't sign the tag. My agent and I don't have to do a thing. Draft whoever you like. Later, guys."

See above.

I don’t think these are actual options for Dak. He can sign the exclusive tag (assuming it is placed on him) for $37 million and play the season. Next year is a different animal, though the cost of another franchise tag will likely make him a free agent. If he does not sign the tag then he can sit out the year and then union rules dictate his eligibility for free agency. Sorry. I don’t know what they are as they pertain to Dak off hand. Dallas cannot trade him unless he signs the franchise tender. However, any team trading for him would most certainly want to work out a long term deal first and that has been elusive.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I don't know how you guys do it day in and day out. My solution to surviving the Dak deluge is medical grade marijuana o_O bourbon :confused: and jiffy Pop:popcorn:

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I don’t want Dak at 37 million... by the the time the defense is fixed Dak will be gone.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Just draft a QB and let Dak play on his tag or try to trade him. Probably nobody will trade for Dak, they know they can have him for free next year.

cowboyec

Reaction score
extend Dak.
keep Awuzie and Lewis for depth.
try to sign f/a DT dalvin tomlinson.
i'd sign db patrick petersen.
draft parsons,surtain,slater or paye at 10 if the board falls that way.
hopefully come home from the draft with 2 DTs,2 CBs,some LB depth and i wouldn't short that "poor ol' s position" this time.
ucf's richie grant or washington from tcu or ford from pitt would be my targets in rd2 or 3...if the board falls right.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

200.gif

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Tag and trade Prescott.
Trade for Wilson - his hit to the salary cap is friendly over the next 3 years.

We effectively bring in a cheaper and far Superior QB. Try to save our #10 pick if possible.
Trade for Wilson, but keep the #10 pick.
Sounds realistic.