Dak - What Is Your Solution?

Dre11

Reaction score
Sign the man to the 3 or 4 years, Get a qb next year to groom, if we haven't gotten to the Superbowl or Championship game in those 3 or 4 years, move on. If we have gotten to the Superbowl or Championship game give him a new contract.

kevm3

Reaction score
They better hope a QB drops this year. We won pointless football games last year and our draft stock dropped, so that will make that harder. I don't really see how Dak can be here long term unless they sign him to some monstrous deal. He's going to play on the franchise tag until they can't tag him anymore and dip out.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll be Dak:

"Cool. I won't sign the franchise tag and you can decide to release me before July 15th or pay me $37 million and I'll leave next year. You can keep your take-it-or-leave-it offer and you can't trade me if I don't sign the tag. My agent and I don't have to do a thing. Draft whoever you like. Later, guys."

See above.
I'm not sure, but if he doesn't sign the tag, he doesn't collect his $37 million, right?

Big D

Reaction score
To me it's a no brainer. I would've locked Prescott up long ago and been well on my way to investing in an old school smashmouth defense. At this point obviously the price has gone up but you can't create a hole where there is none, especially at the most important position. In the draft I go for the best I can get At offensive line and LB. I think Gallimore and Tristan will be ok depth but I put my Free agent dollars toward the DT position. I have a heart to heart with McCarthy and tell him to run the damn ball and let the chips fall from there!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but if he doesn't sign the tag, he doesn't collect his $37 million, right?
Right, so what old boy said was, well, stupid. He'll sign. He might just wait til the last day to do so though.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
extend Dak.
keep Awuzie and Lewis for depth.
try to sign f/a DT dalvin tomlinson.
i'd sign db patrick petersen.
draft parsons,surtain,slater or paye at 10 if the board falls that way.
hopefully come home from the draft with 2 DTs,2 CBs,some LB depth and i wouldn't short that "poor ol' s position" this time.
ucf's richie grant or washington from tcu or ford from pitt would be my targets in rd2 or 3...if the board falls right.
What fantasy football world you live in,, please send me the address asap

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Spell it out. Put it in one thread.

To me there is no trade available that will keep the draft picks in hand to rebuild the defense. So it is sign Dak for me. I see him as a consistent player that can get it done if you can give him protection.

All the defense needs is to keep the opponent under 23 PPG. With the TE's, WR's, and running game, Dallas should average more than that.

I say keep Dak and let go of these silly trades. Andy Dalton is not a solution, by the way. If you pay 40m, well so what. You can ditch Zeke next year. Backload the contract if you need to. Dump Jaylon and push some of that money toward Gallup. But get this done and move on.

Now what is your plan? This is not a slander Dak thread, but your idea. I see a great deal of post attacking Dak that offer zero plans for replacing him. But these people are quick to call Dak out, but little on what they would do other than play Madden with ideas that cannot work.

Here is your shot to GM this situation. Let's see what you got.
ask him where he wants to go, work out a contract/trade and move on.

a $40m a year qb makes zero sense for this team.

visionary

Reaction score
I'll be Dak:

"Cool. I won't sign the franchise tag and you can decide to release me before July 15th or pay me $37 million and I'll leave next year. You can keep your take-it-or-leave-it offer and you can't trade me if I don't sign the tag. My agent and I don't have to do a thing. Draft whoever you like. Later, guys."

See above.

LOL, you do understand that unless you sign the tag, Dak, you won’t get a red cent and as soon as you do sign the tag, Dak, I can trade you to any place that wants you

so, if you want to decide where you want to end up you’re best off trying to get a deal through your agent and get me my picks

Clear?

Corso

Reaction score
LOL, you do understand that unless you sign the tag, Dak, you won’t get a red cent and as soon as you do sign the tag, Dak, I can trade you to any place that wants you

so, if you want to decide where you want to end up you’re best off trying to get a deal through your agent and get me my picks

Clear?
He can sign the tag 10 seconds before the time is up.

Corso

Reaction score
ask him where he wants to go, work out a contract/trade and move on.

a $40m a year qb makes zero sense for this team.
Now we're talking. These goofs trying to stronghorn Dak are being dumb.
The cards are in his hand.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Pretty simple: sign him to a market rate contract for a top-10 27 year old QB.

They should have extended him two years ago but that ship has sailed.

GoldenR

Reaction score
We need DT, OL(maybe two), LB(one possibly two),CB,and S.Oh yeah and they may all need to start! So let us pay Dak 40 million and then see where we are. When was the last time a high priced QB won a superbowl? I am actually asking.

Swagger

Reaction score
Trade for Wilson, but keep the #10 pick.
Sounds realistic.
If we get two firsts for Prescott we could throw in those plus a second for 2021 and a first in 2022 (which would be closer to a second with Wilson).

Wilson behind even a semi healthy o line wins the East at a canter. The defense will be better next season in a simplified system - similar to 2016-2019. We could be a bit of a dark horse in the play offs as he is one of the few elite QB in the league even behind a bad o line.

cowboyec

Reaction score
What fantasy football world you live in,, please send me the address asap
how exactly is that "fantasy"?
Dak is actually a QB we should extend.

i said....try to sign tomlinson.

you really believe there is a line forming to sign Awuzie and/or Lewis...i don't.

and considering the multiple picks we have in rounds 3,4 and 5.....if the board falls right...you could draft a couple DTs,couple CBs and a S.

again.
how is that fantasy?
or are you saying if we extend Dak....somehow that means we lose all of our draft picks.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
how exactly is that "fantasy"?
Dak is actually a QB we should extend.

i said....try to sign tomlinson.

you really believe there is a line forming to sign Awuzie and/or Lewis...i don't.

and considering the multiple picks we have in rounds 3,4 and 5.....if the board falls right...you could draft a couple DTs,couple CBs and a S.

again.
how is that fantasy?
or are you saying if we extend Dak....somehow that means we lose all of our draft picks.
You arent even in the Tomlinson ball park ,, you are in fantasy football land,, and kind of silly trying to respond, why would we lose any draft picks,, and its not an extension its just signing the average man to a cap killer.
Damn you guys that slobber just are the biggest haters,, and yet most of you blame the rational fans.