Dak winner, Wentz loser

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No that was Dak last year but hey he gets no pass on that either. Somehow Wentz should get the pass but Dak? Naw he doesn't deserve any such consideration.

Wentz gets a pass because despite the bad around him, he's still playing at a high level. One bad game doesn't take away how he's played throughout the season. He's still ranked top 10.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I find it fascinating that people are getting so worked up to defend the starting Eagles QB’s honor.

I mean even I think the OP goes too far in his take. But the amount of energy people are expending to defend Wentz on a cowboys message board is just remarkable.
Just proves who is an igglets troll.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I find it fascinating that people are getting so worked up to defend the starting Eagles QB’s honor.

I mean even I think the OP goes too far in his take. But the amount of energy people are expending to defend Wentz on a cowboys message board is just remarkable.

Then stop trying to tear down a good QB to prop up a bad one...

No one, other than Risen Star, is saying they want Eagles to win or even Wentz to succeed.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Wentz gets a pass because despite the bad around him, he's still playing at a high level. One bad game doesn't take away how he's played throughout the season. He's still ranked top 10.
He can play like the best QB in the league and it doesn't matter because the Eagles are 4-6. The team Wentz leads is 4-6...4-6 is the ONLY stat that truly matters. The Eagles are almost the exact same team as last year except they even added in the offseason and yet here they are 4-6 with Wentz at the helm for most of those games. Eagles had a pretty damn talented roster at the beginning of the year. They had injuries last season...they have injuries this season. Wentz has coaches who're 10x better than Garrett and Co. Even with a better roster and coaches Wentz isn't getting it done.
Wentz gets excuses while Dak gets blasted for every single mistake he makes, it's quite funny actually.

Career game-winning drive opportunity records
Dak Prescott: 12-9 (.600)
Nick Foles: 10-12 (.455)
Carson Wentz: 3-11 (.214)

QBR on those drives
Dak - 79.3
Foles - 59.3
Wentz - 51.4

Nav22

Reaction score
Again, this is wrong....

You can sort it....

In rushing we are top 10, in points allowed we are top 10, AND we are not giving up a ton of pass yards and they aren't leading to points...

Football Outsiders can rank us and put emphasis on whatever they want, the simple point is, our D is not giving up big yards and they aren't giving up points - that's kind of a winning formula. What's the job of a defense? Keeping the O out of the end zone? Yes or no?

Actually, you're reminding me why I stopped looking at footballoutsiders long ago - I also have an issue with how they grade offensive lines and the running game.
LOLLLLL so the guy who tried to use “yards allowed per game” as a measuring stick has a problem with Football Outsiders’ defensive efficiency metric?

You CAN NOT make this stuff up.

Slim_JD

Reaction score
None of the Dak bashers has had pity for Dak all season for not having a run game, the Oline playing badly and for the secondary playing average at best. So why have pity for Wentz all of a sudden?
The cowboys run game was struggling for some games but they were always facing stacked boxes, Wentz literally has trash at RB. Along with worse oline play than the cowboys have had this year. The cowboys aren't starting guys off the street in their secondary btw.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Bahahahhahahahahaa

When the facts fail you, throw out the intangibles!

Do you have any stats to back this up? Of course not.

...you don't even know how to work the Footballoutsiders site. LOL

Again, whatever emphasis they point out "situational" doesn't work here - the #1 thing is our D keeps teams from scoring and our offense in the game, that is their job. They are great against the run and great with points allowed. Turnovers are the D's biggest problem, I agree with this.

And let me say something, I don't like how either footballoutsiders or PFF ranks offensive lines. 2014 I didn't like how high they had the Cowboys O-Line in pass protection, when it was clear they were not top 5 yet in that category, I don't know how they go about grading these things - but you can easily study an offensive line yourself without the need of an all-22.

Wentz has been sacked 26 times in 8 games. This is DESPITE having a quick release and not holding onto the ball long.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOLLLLL so the guy who tried to use “yards allowed per game” as a measuring stick has a problem with Football Outsiders’ defensive efficiency metric?

You CAN NOT make this stuff up.

This is not an argument - I just told you how to work the site. We're done here, you lose.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Here we go I found this after I posted this
Dak Prescott: 11-9 (.550) add in 1 more GWD for today

QBR on those drives
Dak - 79.3
Foles - 59.3
Wentz - 51.4
let those stats marinate, for some on this board.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The cowboys run game was struggling for some games but they were always facing stacked boxes, Wentz literally has trash at RB. Along with worse oline play than the cowboys have had this year. The cowboys aren't starting guys off the street in their secondary btw.

And last year during Wentz so called MVP season, the eagles had the #3 rushing offense in the league.

I don’t suppose those two things are intertwined.

Htown-Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak is 3-2 vs Wentz
dak-wentz.jpg

Dak vs. Wentz through 25 starts: Everything you need to know

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And you know this how? Did you ever play Oline and actually star playing it so you could understand what to look for and properly evaluate what you're seeing? Or are you talking just to talk?

Do you get how dumb this counter is? Telling me that we can only talk about football IF we played a certain position would instantly kill this forum.

Don't respond to me with stupid crap again.

shabazz

Reaction score
Then stop trying to tear down a good QB to prop up a bad one...

No one, other than Risen Star, is saying they want Eagles to win or even Wentz to succeed.

Exactly right. Just because we love the Cowboys is no reason to deceive ourselves and say that Wentz sucks when anybody that knows the game of football knows that dink and Dunk Dak is inferior to Wentz.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He can play like the best QB in the league and it doesn't matter because the Eagles are 4-6. The team Wentz leads is 4-6...4-6 is the ONLY stat that truly matters. The Eagles are almost the exact same team as last year except they even added in the offseason and yet here they are 4-6 with Wentz at the helm for most of those games. Eagles had a pretty damn talented roster at the beginning of the year. They had injuries last season...they have injuries this season. Wentz has coaches who're 10x better than Garrett and Co. Even with a better roster and coaches Wentz isn't getting it done.
Wentz gets excuses while Dak gets blasted for every single mistake he makes, it's quite funny actually.

Dak Prescott: 12-9 (.600)

QBR on those drives
Dak - 79.3
Foles - 59.3
Wentz - 51.4

Pretending this doesn't matter in the long run is ridiculous. We are talking individual players here, this matters in the discussion.

And I've already broken down the "game-winning drive". Go back through the posts.