Dak winner, Wentz loser

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Pretty sure Wentz had a top ten Defense last season. As I said, Dak's supporting cast (RB/Oline/WRs etc) and having an great defense gets used against him, to diminish team wins under him.

Wentz having a top Defense, a good RB last season, dangerous WRs and one of the best TE in the NFL with Ertz. As well as a coaching staff superior to the one Dak has, isn't used against Wentz and Wentz still gets 100% of the credit for the Eagles successful season. Where as Dak gets none for the best season the Cowboys have with him under center.

Shaking my head at these double standards. Excusing Wentz in plays/games where Dak wouldn't be excused. Diminishing the Cowboys success under Dak, where a supporting cast isn't used to discredit Wentz like it's used to discredit Dak.

> Wentz had a top 10 defense last season

We are talking about this season, kiddo. Let's try to keep up. And yet, when Wentz had a top 10 defense, he went 11-2. Dak is 5-5. LOL

Wentz, with a depleted team outside of a couple skill positions, still is at 4-6 and a game behind us and putting up good stats outside of one game.

Do try again.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Dak is 3-2 vs Wentz
dak-wentz.jpg
:muttley: Game. Set. Match.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Pretty sure Wentz had a top ten Defense last season. As I said, Dak's supporting cast (RB/Oline/WRs etc) and having an great defense gets used against him, to diminish team wins under him.

Wentz having a top Defense, a good RB last season, dangerous WRs and one of the best TE in the NFL with Ertz. As well as a coaching staff superior to the one Dak has, isn't used against Wentz and Wentz still gets 100% of the credit for the Eagles successful season. Where as Dak gets none for the best season the Cowboys have with him under center.

Shaking my head at these double standards. Excusing Wentz in plays/games where Dak wouldn't be excused. Diminishing the Cowboys success under Dak, where a supporting cast isn't used to discredit Wentz like it's used to discredit Dak.

Carson Wentz’ team was so good around him last year. That they won a Super Bowl without him. The offense scored a ton of points in the NFC championship game and the Super Bowl.

Anyone who says Wentz didn’t have a great supporting cast last year, is foolish.

That being said. I still think Wentz is a good QB. But even very good QB’s need help to consistently win in the NFL.

For some reason people on this board believe that franchise QB’s just go out and win games left and right on their own. It’s laughable.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No...they Refs had a game winning drive against the colts. Did you watch that game? Wentz wanted to go down for the count, but the refs kept picking his butt up off the floor.

Yeah, we're not doing this - it was a game winning drive. You lose.

NEXT!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Already addressed the "choker" argument. YOU LOSE.

NEXT!

Matt.......guess I'm trying to figure out with all the past and energy you're putting into this, what's your point? You want Dak gone and Wentz to be our QB? Not sure if you heard this but Jerry just said today he wouldn't trade Dak for 2 first rounders. It's probably safe to assume Dak is going to be here a while, probably longer than many fans would like .......if/when that happens, where does that leave you as a fan?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Carson Wentz’ team was so good around him last year. That they won a Super Bowl without him. The offense scored a ton of points in the NFC championship game and the Super Bowl.

Anyone who says Wentz didn’t have a great supporting cast last year, is foolish.

That being said. I still think Wentz is a good QB. But even very good QB’s need help to consistently win in the NFL.

For some reason people on this board believe that franchise QB’s just go out and win games left and right on their own. It’s laughable.

Nobody is making the argument he didn't have a good team...

The argument is - Wentz went 11-2 with a good defense. Dak with a top 10 defense is 5-5 because he can't score on offense enough consistently.

Even this year with a depleted team and coming off injury, Wentz and his Eagles are only a game behind us.

Dre11

Reaction score
Talk about dumb threads...

We can find days where Brady, Manning, Montana, Brees, etc. had awful games the same day some scrub QB had a less bad day with their team winning. But, what would be the point?

Lol.....you still here, I expected you to be hiding the last two weeks....lol

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Checkdown Charley #4 committed no turnovers despite underthrows and floaters throughout game. Impressive it was NOT.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
> Wentz had a top 10 defense last season

We are talking about this season, kiddo. Let's try to keep up. And yet, when Wentz had a top 10 defense, he went 11-2. Dak is 5-5. LOL

Wentz, with a depleted team outside of a couple skill positions, still is at 4-6 and a game behind us and putting up good stats outside of one game.

Do try again.

Dak's defense in 2016 was much worse than the Eagles defense in 2017 and Dak went 13-3. Really 13-2 since he hardly played in the last game. Your argument is weak. Wentz's team was loaded and their defense forced a lot of turnovers that flipped field position.

Dak has never finished below 2nd place in this division. Wentz for a 2nd year has his team towards the bottom. Explain this...

Nav22

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Last time you checked? Dallas has held every opponents to 20 or less points in 7 games. They are ranked top 10 in yards, top 3 in total points per game, top 10 against the run, top 10 against the pass

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame/position/defense

What are you even on about? Research.

Until you do this, don't respond back. You're lacking with your responses.
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Garbage stats like “yards allowed per game” can be easily skewed thanks to garbage-time.

Stop being a child and use stats that actually show efficiency. ESPN’s model, for example, had the Cowboys ranked 16th as recently as a week ago. It takes turnovers and game situation into account. Football Outsiders (link above) has them 19th.

It’s adorable how you’re so desperate to try explaining away Wentz’s 4-6 record this year. “It’s not his fault!!! But he gets credit for a playoff run that he watched from the booth!!” Hahahahahahaa

Number1

Reaction score
While getting his team in position for that....

He was vital to getting them to the Super Bowl. Garrett held a clipboard and came in during garbage time duty. It's very different....

No one agrees with you folks that Prescott is better than Wentz - this is blind fandom, and frankly, it's childish nonsense.

speak for yourself

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Matt.......guess I'm trying to figure out with all the past and energy you're putting into this, what's your point? You want Dak gone and Wentz to be our QB? Not sure if you heard this but Jerry just said today he wouldn't trade Dak for 2 first rounders. It's probably safe to assume Dak is going to be here a while, probably longer than many fans would like .......if/when that happens, where does that leave you as a fan?

I want people to stop using bogus and out of context statistics to prop up Dak. I'm a fan of the NFL, Wentz is a franchise QB. There is no debate about this, someone here claimed Eagles need a new QB - are you freakin' kidding me?

You see, outside of the blind hatred of rival teams - what is happening here is people tend to diminish other players to prop up ours. Dak is not a good QB, he's not "clutch" he has failed as many times in the clutch as he has succeeded in the clutch this season - it's very Rodgers like in that regard, Rodgers is not clutch especially when it matters in big games against good teams....

Dak does not have the ability Rodgers does - Rodgers is capable of blowing teams out from his arm alone. That's never going to be Dak. Wentz, however, DOES have that ability even IF he doesn't have the clutch gene.

Did Peyton Manning have a clutch gene in big games? Heck freakin' no he didn't.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Garbage stats like “yards allowed per game” can be easily skewed thanks to garbage-time.

Stop being a child and use stats that actually show efficiency. ESPN’s model, for example, had the Cowboys ranked 16th as recently as a week ago. It takes turnovers and game situation into account. Football Outsiders (link above) has them 19th.

It’s adorable how you’re so desperate to try explaining away Wentz’s 4-6 record this year. Hahahahahahaa

Thank you. This defense is not a top defense. They are middle of the road at best. Yards per game and other stats do not take into account all the variables a football game has.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

I think he is good as well, however this notion of acting like Wentz had nothing but scrubs/busts as a supporting cast and he solely carried the Eagles on his own, while all of the wins the Cowboys have gotten under Dak is solely because of Dak having a great supporting cast and nothing much to do with Dak at all, is silly to me.

Just because some don't believe that Dak is the answer at QB, doesn't mean they have to go out and act like QBs such as Wentz didn't have an talented supporting cast assist him in getting wins and making the playoffs for the Eagles.

Nav22

Reaction score
Nobody is making the argument he didn't have a good team...

The argument is - Wentz went 11-2 with a good defense. Dak with a top 10 defense is 5-5 because he can't score on offense enough consistently.

Even this year with a depleted team and coming off injury, Wentz and his Eagles are only a game behind us.
They’re a game behind us for a reason.

You don’t remember last Sunday night??? Let me remind you.

Dak went into Carson’s house, put his feet up on the coffee table, took an upper decker in the master bathroom, went skinny-dipping in the pool (despite Wentz’s grandparents lounging poolside), ate the last of the Cheetos and left a mud trail on the carpet.

That’s why they’re a game behind us.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I want people to stop using bogus and out of context statistics to prop up Dak. I'm a fan of the NFL, Wentz is a franchise QB. There is no debate about this, someone here claimed Eagles need a new QB - are you freakin' kidding me?

You see, outside of the blind hatred of rival teams - what is happening here is people tend to diminish other players to prop up ours. Dak is not a good QB, he's not "clutch" he has failed as many times in the clutch as he has succeeded in the clutch this season - it's very Rodgers like in that regard, Rodgers is not clutch especially when it matters in big games against good teams....

Dak does not have the ability Rodgers does - Rodgers is capable of blowing teams out from his arm alone. That's never going to be Dak. Wentz, however, DOES have that ability even IF he doesn't have the clutch gene.

Did Peyton Manning have a clutch gene in big games? Heck freakin' no he didn't.

Ok ........just wanna to see where you were coming from.