Dak Won't be able to get Cooper the ball

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No. Just admit you hate Dak and cannot be adult enough to give him credit when he deserves it. You always have to needlessly try to diminish whatever good he does. Typical.....
I've already given him credit for playing a decent game, throwing to Cooper before he makes his break, making some accurate throws, and good running. I gave credit where credit is due, and I critique was deserves to be critiqued. Just because I can see that this particular throw wasn't good, doesn't mean I can't see or admit to the ones that are.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I've already given him credit for playing a decent game, throwing to Cooper before he makes his break, making some accurate throws, and good running. I gave credit where credit is due, and I critique was deserves to be critiqued. Just because I can see that this particular throw wasn't good, doesn't mean I can't see or admit to the ones that are.
Yea. Ok.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
It’s not that funny when you think about it.

Of course fans are consistently wrong, otherwise they would be working in then nfl if they were consistently right.

What i find funny is when posters (not you specifically) get annoyed/frustrated when fans don’t admit their predictions or takes are wrong as if it matters whether or not they admit it.

They can trash the team or a specific player all they want regardless if it’s justified or not, it still has no impact on the roster, management, coaching staff, stadium experience, etc.

They’re hopeless and are most likely soft millennials.

Millennials for the most part, are the only ones who think everyone cares about their feelings.

(spoiler alert: no one cares except for other soft millennials)

It's funny when Dallas fans are wrong, they are VERY WRONG. I was wrong earlier in the year about Dak but like I said in another thread, I had to take a step back and recalibrate. I had to look at his rookie season. I had to look at Romo's failure in 10 years. I had to look at Linehan's lack of success in his career. I had to look at Garrett's ineptitude, and then look at what Sean Peyton and McVay did to their QBs. Then gave them life, that's exactly what they did.

Goff was left for dead after his rookie season, and now he's competing for MVP.
Brees was kicked off of San Diego for a yonger/stronger/taller Phillip Rivers after 5 years, and now look at the great HOF player in Drew Brees.

There was a time I would sit here and argue all day about this but Jerry Jones himself made it abundantly clear that he would resign Prescott, so that does the arguing for me. He's here to stay, like or not.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He missed on 9 throws. Drew Brees missed on 7 throws, Matt Ryan missed on 12 throws. Sometimes, QBs miss. But since you don't like Dak anyways, you may as well stop watching and rooting for the Dallas Cowboys since Jerry Jones clearly says he's resigning him. So...
If you think incompletions are the only "misses" a qb makes.... Good lord. Bless your heart.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Dak will probably sign an 8 year , 200 million contract .

jerry has the hots for him , and for the 'real deal' too .

Blackrain

Reaction score
It's funny when Dallas fans are wrong, they are VERY WRONG. I was wrong earlier in the year about Dak but like I said in another thread, I had to take a step back and recalibrate. I had to look at his rookie season. I had to look at Romo's failure in 10 years. I had to look at Linehan's lack of success in his career. I had to look at Garrett's ineptitude, and then look at what Sean Peyton and McVay did to their QBs. Then gave them life, that's exactly what they did.

Goff was left for dead after his rookie season, and now he's competing for MVP.
Brees was kicked off of San Diego for a yonger/stronger/taller Phillip Rivers after 5 years, and now look at the great HOF player in Drew Brees.

There was a time I would sit here and argue all day about this but Jerry Jones himself made it abundantly clear that he would resign Prescott, so that does the arguing for me. He's here to stay, like or not.

Yep there are a lot of things we can debate but Dak is our QB and no amount of bashing him on this forum is going to change Jerrys mind . I don't know how much more Jerry has to do to make them believe . He gave up our 1st rd pick to try and make him successful and its even worked so far and he says he is going to resign him .

Heck Jerry has enough cash to hire Peyton Manning to be Daks private QB coach if he wanted to . I am in hopes he sees the impact Kris Richards has had on the defense and tries to get some coaches to help Dak and the offense . Like your example shows great coaches can make a QBs career .

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
The haters said...resoundingly.

After 4 games...a comparison:

In 4 games with Dallas from Dak:

32 targets, 22 catches, 349 yards, 15.9 ypc, 3tds, 5.5rpg, 87.3 ypg, 68.8% catch%.

In 6 games with Oakland from Carr(a REAL qb):

32 targets, 22 catches, 280 yards, 12.7 ypc, 1 td, 3.7 rpg, 46.7 ypg, 68.8% catch %

So in two less games he has already eclipsed his production in Oakland.

My friend, you have not analyzed the Dak haters well on this bird. The employ a different strategy when analyzing Daks:

1) First off, they back out any good game from the numbers, because to them, it’s an anomaly.

2) Secondly, the add the shoulda, coulda, woulda’s to the numbers, like almost int’s.

3) Thirdly, they discount the stats to factor in competition. The Dak haters will point to the opponents record and say Dak hasn’t faced a formidable defense.

Nav22

Reaction score
Same argument people say about Garrett... congratulations Dak is now in Jason Garrett territory with the excuses, based on accomplishments that haven’t even remotely happened.
HAHAHAH what??

Dak is 28-15 as a starter. His numbers have been outstanding. He’s proven that he possesses the clutch gene time and time again. He was the 2016 Offensive Rookie of the Year.

He’s on pace for his 3rd winning season in 3 years as a starter. He has his team in 1st place. He’s 3-0 with 3 straight turnover-free games.

Carson Wentz, on the other hand, is on pace for his 2nd losing season in 3 years. Hmm. And since Dak’s 2016 season “doesn’t count” because it was 2 years ago, then we’re a year away from Wentz’s 2017 season “not counting”. That’ll be fun!

We’ll see what happens with Dak and his Cowboys/NFL career. Maybe he’ll be a HOFer, maybe he’ll be a career backup, maybe he’ll be something in between.

But SO FAR, Dak’s winning at this “life” thing and this “NFL QB” thing.

YOUR side is the one that’s losing. Sorry to douse you with that cold dose of reality!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
HAHAHAH what??

Dak is 28-15 as a starter. His numbers have been outstanding. He’s proven that he possesses the clutch gene time and time again. He was the 2016 Offensive Rookie of the Year.

He’s on pace for his 3rd winning season in 3 years as a starter. He has his team in 1st place. He’s 3-0 with 3 straight turnover-free games.

Carson Wentz, on the other hand, is on pace for his 2nd losing season in 3 years. Hmm. And since Dak’s 2016 season “doesn’t count” because it was 2 years ago, then we’re a year away from Wentz’s 2017 season “not counting”. That’ll be fun!

We’ll see what happens with Dak and his Cowboys/NFL career. Maybe he’ll be a HOFer, maybe he’ll be a career backup, maybe he’ll be something in between.

But SO FAR, Dak’s winning at this “life” thing and this “NFL QB” thing.

YOUR side is the one that’s losing. Sorry to douse you with that cold dose of reality!
"3-0"? It's November. I get that you're a Dak supporter, and I support him too, even though I don't think he's very good at this point....but don't just throw away all the games he's lost. You lose credibility when you do that.

Nav22

Reaction score
"3-0"? It's November. I get that you're a Dak supporter, and I support him too, even though I don't think he's very good at this point....but don't just throw away all the games he's lost. You lose credibility when you do that.
I meant to say he’s on a 3-game win streak with 3 straight turnover-free games.

keysersoze

Reaction score
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.
That’s EXACTLY how it works. The Joneses run this organization. Not you, me or any of us here. So you can either ride with it or collide with it. Your choice. There’s 31 other teams you can support.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
Dak played a good game, some NFL passes mixed in there. I'm excited about what appears to be progress Every QB misses a few but the one to Brown near the end zone and the one to Gallup down the sidelines, those are the ones that have to be made if this team is to compete against the likes of the Rams,Saints and Bears. When he can make those throws then he has arrived.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Fan= Fanatic
By definition that means you get all sides to the fandom .. naysayers - supposed realists - optimists - etc etc
What I don’t truly get are the ones who are so hell bent on either side that they go at with blinders ..
Dak had a very solid game yesterday with the team .. the haters are going to say he was lucky and give no credit for the guy who engineered some drives to help win the game .. on the flip side the optimists will brag Dak was incredible and perfect ..

Haters will attempt to back up their hate with their carefully cherry picked stats .. looking for the negative stats .. rattling off QBR’s as the driving force but these same haters ignored Daks QBR in 2016 and 2017 .. giving excuses of how he achieved them .. we get it .. you don’t like Dak .. just seriously move the freak on already .. your game is seriously tired and the likliehood that Dak will be the cowboys starter for many years is all but guaranteed until the owner finds a new shiny toy to play with .. so your consistent venom is wasted and plain boring ..

Now all you eternal optimists ... we get it you love the team and I agree every win needs to be celebrated but it’s ok to find fault .. it’s ok to truly be objective ... Dak is a good Qb but every mistake is not the fault of the coaching , o line or wr’s .. he needs to develop his basic skills like footwork ,inside clock, pocket awareness, proper release and timing etc ..good news is he is young and he still can as most qb’s start in this league relying on athleticism and instincts .. heck every qb even top vets get the yips once and a while

Bottom line is we won ... we have a big game next week that based on observations of the passed 11 games of both teams is going to be extremely tough for the cowboys to win..
however it’s not a walk in the park for the saints .. it’s not going to be a crowning ceremony .. it will be a game of inches and skill with a bit of luck mixed in .. and truly the better team may not win that day .. but they play the game for a reason — Go Cowboys