Dak Won't be able to get Cooper the ball

Ken

Reaction score
The haters said...resoundingly.

After 4 games...a comparison:

In 4 games with Dallas from Dak:

32 targets, 22 catches, 349 yards, 15.9 ypc, 3tds, 5.5rpg, 87.3 ypg, 68.8% catch%.

In 6 games with Oakland from Carr(a REAL qb):

32 targets, 22 catches, 280 yards, 12.7 ypc, 1 td, 3.7 rpg, 46.7 ypg, 68.8% catch %

So in two less games he has already eclipsed his production in Oakland.

foofighters

Reaction score

32 targets, 22 catches, 349 yards, 15.9 ypc, 3tds, 5.5rpg, 87.3 ypg, 68.8% catch%.

32 targets, 22 catches, 280 yards, 12.7 ypc, 1 td, 3.7 rpg, 46.7 ypg, 68.8% catch %

and yet Dak could have sealed the end of the game with that pass to Gallup at the end of the game but threw it short. Cooper's route running and YAC are winning right now. Dak is playing fine but I feel this is as good as it gets with Dak. Those passes, Dak had time to throw. He still struggles making quick decisions.

CWR

Reaction score
and yet Dak could have sealed the end of the game with that pass to Gallup at the end of the game but threw it short. Cooper's route running and YAC are winning right now. Dak is playing fine but I feel this is as good as it gets with Dak. Those passes, Dak had time to throw. He still struggles making quick decisions.

Why would you feel a very raw rookie in the middle of his third year, with questionable coaching has reached his peak?

Ken

Reaction score
Try and stay on topic. Not sure what the play to Gallup has to do with Cooper?

And if you notice, since you brought him up, Dak and Gallup are just not on the the same page. 42.9% catch percentage. I put a huge chunk of this failure on Gallup. Drops, bad routes and not looking for the ball. Dak has had some misses too but Dak is clearly not comfortable throwing to him.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

3rd down efficiency before and after the trade.

8jeCP0L.jpg

Huge difference... & The Dak/Amari connection has had a lot to do with that significant 180.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
There was someone in his face & he was backpecaling. Therefore, since he couldn't step into the throw, it was going to be a shot in the dark. But let's leave all of that detail out of it to help shape our agendas.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Amari is starting good so far ... not much tape on him .

Lets see how this develops under linehan/garrett as the season continues.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Try and stay on topic. Not sure what the play to Gallup has to do with Cooper?

And if you notice, since you brought him up, Dak and Gallup are just not on the the same page. 42.9% catch percentage. I put a huge chunk of this failure on Gallup. Drops, bad routes and not looking for the ball. Dak has had some misses too but Dak is clearly not comfortable throwing to him.

Have to remember Gallup is a rookie, and a third round pick as well. Funny how some say "there's a reason why Dak was a 4th round pick, he'll never be very good", then insist that Gallup will be a superstar in the league...:laugh:

Ken

Reaction score
3rd down efficiency before and after the trade.

8jeCP0L.jpg

Huge difference... & The Dak/Amari connection has had a lot to do with that significant 180.
I've been trying to find how many of those 22 have been for first downs...I know if has to be a very high percentage.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
There was someone in his face & he was backpecaling. Therefore, since he couldn't step into the throw, it was going to be a shot in the dark. But let's leave all of that detail out of it to help shape our agendas.

Yes, it's easy to say "Dak should have made that throw" sitting in our living room watching the field from a viewpoint 50 yards above the field.

Not so easy when you've got 11 defenders and a moving target to hit. Same as those who say "Zeke missed that hole, should have run left instead of right" etc., he's got a split second to make his decision with 4 guys trying to mash him...

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Amari is starting good so far ... not much tape on him .

Lets see how this develops under linehan/garrett as the season continues.
Brother, you and I have gone rounds on this before so I'll make this mention onnce and leave it at that. So here it goes:

You don't seem like an idiot but, when you can't make a single post without mentioning Garrett or Linehan you end up looking like the one thought mouth breather that many around here complain about. Expand your message brother because I think you have more to offer to the board than the tired message you've been throwing around since you got here. I know damned well there's more in that noggin' than Linehan and Garrett, brother. Looking forward to reading some of it.

:thumbup:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ll admit it I am pleasantly surprised at how Amari and Dak are playing together (and how quickly)...Actually fun to watch and I was not one of those happy with the trade initially. Team went from not watchable/boring to first place. There’s something to be said about that. :)

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Brother, you and I have gone rounds on this before so I'll make this mention onnce and leave it at that. So here it goes:

You don't seem like an idiot but, when you can't make a single post without mentioning Garrett or Linehan you end up looking like the one thought mouth breather that many around here complain about. Expand your message brother because I think you have more to offer to the board than the tired message you've been throwing around since you got here. I know damned well there's more in that noggin' than Linehan and Garrett, brother. Looking forward to reading some of it.

:thumbup:

Not until Garrett, the real one thought mouth breather leaves . ;)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yes, it's easy to say "Dak should have made that throw" sitting in our living room watching the field from a viewpoint 50 yards above the field.

Not so easy when you've got 11 defenders and a moving target to hit. Same as those who say "Zeke missed that hole, should have run left instead of right" etc., he's got a split second to make his decision with 4 guys trying to mash him...
It really doesn't take much for a fair minded critical eye to see what I just added real time. It just doesn't fit the agenda so that level of detail is deliberately excluded...

shabazz

Reaction score
Most of the long gains were short to midrange passes in which bad tackling led to inflated passing yards so let’s just be real about that. Like others have said it’s all Cooper and very little Prescott on those plays. I’m sure continued games against pathetic NFC East opponents will continue these numbers.

However, Dak’s rushing touchdown was very, I dare say, very Romoesque

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'm on record in a few posts eating crow on Cooper. Even without the big game yesterday, he has clearly opened things up for the running game since he arrived.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Dak hit 70% of his passes, completed passed to 8 different receivers, and all some can say is "he missed Gallup on that throw", or he made some bad decisions.

Just what's good enough for Dak, as far as his passing is concerned? 75% completions? 80%? Never ever miss an open receiver?

Good luck finding someone who can do that...