Dak's accuracy has been an issue

Kwyn

Reaction score
Yes.. He was.. Did you actually watch the game?

You don’t pay QBs big salaries only to watch them flop.

If he’s not worth the money just say it.

You don’t get your cake and eat it too with this.

If he’s not an elite QB that lifts the team then don’t pay him like it and move on.
Aren’t almost all starting QBs not on their rookie deal being paid like they are “elite”?

I think you might want to check out the market. Dak’s 10-12 this year.

The only starters not on rookie deals making more than 7m less than him are Geno, Tannehill and JG. He’s better than those guys.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Aren’t almost all starting QBs not on their rookie deal being paid like they are “elite”?

The only starters not on rookie deals making more than 7m less than him are Geno, Tannehill and JG. He’s better than those guys.
Good..

All that benefits Dak and not the Cowboys.

If Dak can’t carry the team then let him go.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
....for his haters!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Happy Wednesday, all!!!

I like how you sucker those with anti Dak bias in. Just as they get excited to chime in they read this statistical breakdown and have to come up with a response. Queue in the Carr video, the eye test, quality of the opposing team, etc.

Dak has to come up bigger in the playoffs and against elite defenses, but there is a lot of data and film out there that shows Dak isnt a bad QB at all.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Good..

All that benefits Dak and not the Cowboys.

If Dak can’t carry the team then let him go.
It would cost 60m next year to let him go.

I wonder. Many of our fans are still in trapped 30 years ago before the cap went in.

And, the limited understanding of some of those who are at least aware of it is so poor as to make things even more confusing for people on the board.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I like how you sucker those with anti Dak bias in. Just as they get excited to chime in they read this statistical breakdown and have to come up with a response. Queue in the Carr video, the eye test, quality of the opposing team, etc.

Dak has to come up bigger in the playoffs and against elite defenses, but there is a lot of data and film out there that shows Dak isnt a bad QB at all.
Agreed. Dak has to consistently play better in the playoffs for the team to have a shot.

He doesn’t have to be Brady or Mahomes but he has to do better than he has so far.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Actually it’s spot on. Your hate doesn’t allow you to see it.
He sees it.. pride just prevents him from admitting it. It's okay.. He is right about one thing though.. Dak needs to play better in these matchups.. He has had some good game in big time moments but he's had some clunkers too. I want him to eliminate the clunkers and play well regardless of the outcome. Sane fans know that Dak could play well and this team can still lose but it's really hard for the team to win if he plays poorly. That's the nature of the position and you know the whole "team game" thing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

exactly. there are 17 QBs making 30M or more. that more than half the league. with Lawrence, Tua, coming up for contracts.

Kwyn

Reaction score
exactly. there are 17 QBs making 30M or more. that more than half the league. with Lawrence, Tua, coming up for contracts.
What are you trying to say?

That the only team paying big money to their QB is the Cowboys?

From what I’ve read here at the Zone, the only QBs earning their money are Pat Mahomes along with some dudes still on their rookie contracts.

Why don’t we have Mahomes? Better yet, why don’t we have an elite QB willing to play on a never ending rookie deal?

Clearly a failure of the team. I mean, it’s so obvious.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What are you trying to say?

That the only team paying big money to their QB is the Cowboys?

From what I’ve read here at the Zone, the only QBs earning their money are Pat Mahomes along with some dudes still on their rookie contracts.

Why don’t we have Mahomes? Better yet, why don’t we have an elite QB willing to play on a never ending rookie deal?

Clearly a failure of the team. I mean, it’s so obvious.
what I was trying to indicate is that this BS about so and so makes 40M, so earn your money. there are 17 that are making 30M and more. not all are going to reach the lofty standards. the 40M is irrelevant to anything. you pay to play and that's the market and that's what available and there is as you said only one Mahomes and one burrows. all these folks crying for mahomes and want to go draft a mahomes. yet, he is once in a generation talent.

and has the team failed? yes. Jerry Jones has failed for 28+ years.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I am hoping we don't see the Dak who throws everything high to start big games. When he shows up it is usually a long day.