Dak's advancement

Verdict

Reaction score
I think most every person on this board was pleasantly surprised Dak's rookie year when I think he surpassed even the most enthusiastic expectations. Since that time many of you have soured on him, and some are even rooting for him to fail.

I have my own concerns about Dak, but a I don't really believe that the coaching staff has done him any favors. I think Jerry and Stephen may also believe that as well.

Let's say Jerry, Steven McClay and Co. are right about Dak and reward him with what many here would consider to be an above market contract for Dak, (top 10 contract) but not really top 5 pay.

Many here would cringe at that number and I think that's understandable. But maybe Jerry and Co. are more in tune to reality than many believe them to be.

We all KNOW Linehan SUCKED. What if Dak gets some really good coaching, gets put in the position to succeed and he performs far above his rookie campaign level in terms of his play and winning. What would that be worth?

I really believe that Jerry and Stephen will not fire Garrett no matter what. But I have reconsidered that position. What IF Jerry and Stephen and McClay are pushing all their chips on Dak and saying we are not going to piss off Dak's career the same as we did with Romo. Maybe Garrett really IS on the hot seat.

I believe you will see Dak improve frantically this year, as all of the pieces are starting to come together. 1. He has a healthy, deep, talented OL. 2. He has a #1 receiver in Cooper an up and comer in Gallup and more talent in Cobb than he has ever had before.

The weak link on offense is RB2. That should be addressed in the draft. We also could use a real tight end (Ertz type). If we get that, and some innovative play calling this offense could SOAR.

The defense might take a step back this year if Tank departs via a trade, but I think it will be at least average. The team, as comprised will be good. The draft should, in theory, make us a little bit better.

I expect a trade to happen somewhere along the way, and they tend to be out of the blue and not what we expect. I'm optimistic about this year.

JBS

Reaction score
Lol if you think Dak is getting top 10 money..nice try

You'll be lucky if he barely breaks top 5..itll probably be more than that

Verdict

Reaction score
I didn't. I'm just tired of assuming these idiots in the front office know what they are doing and have some sort of smart plan devised around the future of the franchise..

Well, they have done a fine job over the last 5 years. They seem to be pushing all the right buttons. That's being objective.

There were many years that was not the case, but those years are irrelevant unless we go back to the old way of doing business. In that case I'll hand you a pitchfork and light your torch for you.

JBS

Reaction score
Well, they have done a fine job over the last 5 years. They seem to be pushing all the right buttons. That's being objective.

There were many years that was not the case, but those years are irrelevant unless we go back to the old way of doing business. In that case I'll hand you a pitchfork and light your torch for you.

Not sure how you can make this claim. What has this team accomplished recently?

Reaction score
I'm hoping that new coaches can help Dak's play but that is by no means a given. We know that Dak didn't do well in Linehan's offense, we don't know that it was Linehan's fault.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think most every person on this board was pleasantly surprised Dak's rookie year when I think he surpassed even the most enthusiastic expectations. Since that time many of you have soured on him, and some are even rooting for him to fail.

I have my own concerns about Dak, but a I don't really believe that the coaching staff has done him any favors. I think Jerry and Stephen may also believe that as well.

Let's say Jerry, Steven McClay and Co. are right about Dak and reward him with what many here would consider to be an above market contract for Dak, (top 10 contract) but not really top 5 pay.

Many here would cringe at that number and I think that's understandable. But maybe Jerry and Co. are more in tune to reality than many believe them to be.

We all KNOW Linehan SUCKED. What if Dak gets some really good coaching, gets put in the position to succeed and he performs far above his rookie campaign level in terms of his play and winning. What would that be worth?

I really believe that Jerry and Stephen will not fire Garrett no matter what. But I have reconsidered that position. What IF Jerry and Stephen and McClay are pushing all their chips on Dak and saying we are not going to piss off Dak's career the same as we did with Romo. Maybe Garrett really IS on the hot seat.

I believe you will see Dak improve frantically this year, as all of the pieces are starting to come together. 1. He has a healthy, deep, talented OL. 2. He has a #1 receiver in Cooper an up and comer in Gallup and more talent in Cobb than he has ever had before.

The weak link on offense is RB2. That should be addressed in the draft. We also could use a real tight end (Ertz type). If we get that, and some innovative play calling this offense could SOAR.

The defense might take a step back this year if Tank departs via a trade, but I think it will be at least average. The team, as comprised will be good. The draft should, in theory, make us a little bit better.

I expect a trade to happen somewhere along the way, and they tend to be out of the blue and not what we expect. I'm optimistic about this year.

Dak Prescott in the world of "What if's"........ya OK but once again this coming season we will all still be here watching and praying Zeke isn't injured as our passing game will be for the dog's as Dak is Dak as the sky is blue.....

visionary

Reaction score
This FO is utter garbage and have no real vision of what it takes to win

You're blind if you think they do

Dak is not a top 10 QB and we will hamstring the team WHEN we pay him like that

We will continue to be 'relevant ' and Ron nothing of consequence but the FO is content with that

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not sure how you can make this claim. What has this team accomplished recently?
I hear you. Really don't want us to overpay for Dak. In fact, I'd prefer to have him for real cheap one more year before deciding.

But I think many here are carrying the scars of the franchises longer term failure to advance deep in the playoffs.
If you just look at the last 4 years, one could argue that the franchises overall performance is top 7-8 in the league.
It's less than we want, but thee division titles , 4 winning seasons, and probably top 5 most wins in the league is not total rap. Again, just not as good as we'd like.

JBS

Reaction score
I hear you. Really don't want us to overpay for Dak. In fact, I'd prefer to have him for real cheap one more year before deciding.

But I think many here are carrying the scars of the franchises longer term failure to advance deep in the playoffs.
If you just look at the last 4 years, one could argue that the franchises overall performance is top 7-8 in the league.
It's less than we want, but thee division titles , 4 winning seasons, and probably top 5 most wins in the league is not total rap. Again, just not as good as we'd like.

This is all true..but it doesn't qualify as success..nothing short of an nfc champ game appearance is success for this franchise right now..playoff appearances and a win in the playoffs here and there are nice..but that's not going to cut it around here

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score

I think there's a lot of misplaced anger on Dak. We're so tired of the JG era and its lack of playoff success that a lot of people get mad at him for not bringing home a SB already in his 3 year career. The clock on our window reset the year we got Dak and Zeke, but JG's window of patience closed long ago.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Why would you say Linehan sucked? That's kinda harsh! Lol!!!!!

Nav22

Reaction score
This FO is utter garbage and have no real vision of what it takes to win

You're blind if you think they do

Dak is not a top 10 QB and we will hamstring the team WHEN we pay him like that

We will continue to be 'relevant ' and Ron nothing of consequence but the FO is content with that
He was easily a top-10 QB last year post-Cooper trade. Not even debatable.

He put up the greatest rookie season in NFL history.

32-16 record with 2 division titles, so he’s a WINNER too.

Can’t wait to lock up our franchise QB and feast on the tears of his detractors!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Dak might not be Mahomes and that's ok. I believe Dak is really good and even though pieces on the offense changes he still wins games. That's his best trait, some want huge stats becauseof fantasy football but in reality wins are all that matters. He took a step forward this past season by winning a playoff game. Perhaps he takes another step forward an wins 2 next year.

If you believe Dak is the franchise guy you lock him up now because the longer you wait the note expensive he will be.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score

Can’t wait to lock up our franchise QB and feast on the tears of his detractors!
Oh, I think it's debatable. I want him to be what we want but I'm not there yet.

Verdict

Reaction score

Rub it in, rub it in!