Dak's advancement

Nav22

Reaction score
"Proven winner"
:laugh:
What championships at college or pro level has he won ?
:lmao:
3 winning seasons in 3 years, with a coaching staff everyone says is trash and a mediocre defense.

He’s played in 3 playoff games already and played damn good football in all 3 games. Unfortunately, our garbage defense let him down twice.

32-16 with 2 division titles. Comes up clutch over and over and over again in close games. Most game-winning drives in the NFL since 2016. Very good stats and a major threat to rush for TDs in the redzone as well.

LOL keep embarrassing yourself, guy. How many QBs win a Super Bowl despite a terrible performance by his defense? LOL and within his first 3 years in the NFL?

Only a blind, know-nothing buffoon could possibly say that Dak isn’t a proven WINNER.

Learn football. Or don’t and just bottle up those tears of yours for me. They’ll taste DELICIOUS when Dak signs that big new contract!

visionary

Reaction score
Prescott’s stats the last 9 games of the season:

229/332, 71.1% completion percentage,
2,451 pass yards,13 TD 4 Int, 5 rushing TD’s,
8-1 record

Prorated 16-game production-

4,357 pass yards, 23 TD’s 7 Int, 9 Rush TD’s

Top 10

Why did you have to prorate the stats?
Did he not play 16 games?
How about you prorate his first 7 games?

Facts

visionary

Reaction score
3 winning seasons in 3 years, with a coaching staff everyone says is trash and a mediocre defense.

He’s played in 3 playoff games already and played damn good football in all 3 games. Unfortunately, our garbage defense let him down twice.

32-16 with 2 division titles. Comes up clutch over and over and over again in close games. Most game-winning drives in the NFL since 2016. Very good stats and a major threat to rush for TDs in the redzone as well.

LOL keep embarrassing yourself, guy. How many QBs win a Super Bowl despite a terrible performance by his defense? LOL and within his first 3 years in the NFL?

Only a blind, know-nothing buffoon could possibly say that Dak isn’t a proven WINNER.

Learn football. Or don’t and just bottle up those tears of yours for me. They’ll taste DELICIOUS when Dak signs that big new contract!

A 'proven winner' is someone who has actually won

Winning, for information of apologists like you, means a championship

9-7 (a "winning season") is not a "proven winner"

You are the one embarrassing yourself

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak might not be Mahomes and that's ok. I believe Dak is really good and even though pieces on the offense changes he still wins games. That's his best trait, some want huge stats becauseof fantasy football but in reality wins are all that matters. He took a step forward this past season by winning a playoff game. Perhaps he takes another step forward an wins 2 next year.

If you believe Dak is the franchise guy you lock him up now because the longer you wait the note expensive he will be.

He's below average to average is that what you want for our Dallas Cowboys?
Are you sure you have our Teams best interest in your heart bud or is it a Dak Crush supreme that has you blinded?
Then again might as well keep spending all our CAP on stud players to support him I guess and let the defense keep suffering......

Nav22

Reaction score

Facts
Because the Amari Cooper trade changed things drastically.

Amari Cooper will be with the team moving forward.

Learn football. Learn logic.

817Gill

Reaction score
You cannot pay an average QB elite money and then hope to build a great team around him with a FO that misses way way more than it hits. Esp when saddled with a crappy HC

Won't work
More misses than hits? 8 of our last 9 first round picks have been All-Pros. What are you saying?

If this FO does one thing well it’s drafting and any fan can agree on that. You’re way wrong there, you don’t have the second most wins in the league since ‘16 with more misses than hits.

Nav22

Reaction score
Are you sure you have our Teams best interest in your heart bud or is it a Dak Crush supreme that has you blinded?
Then again might as well keep spending all our CAP on stud players to support him I guess and let the defense keep suffering......
You should know that you’re literally the joke of this board.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah I mean we can discuss how they have handled coaching hires but this front office has done a solid job these last few years. I don’t know why it has the reputation of being incompetent.
There’s a large group of people who want instant gratification and whine when they don’t get it. They’re so focused on just themselves and are unable to see or understand anything that doesn’t involve them.

817Gill

Reaction score

Facts
C’mon man that’s literally the easiest thing to rebuttle. One name:

Amari Cooper

Nav22

Reaction score
Let's revisit this at the end of the season

I'm sure you'll come up with a new excuse then
LOL “excuses”?

Dak’s career trajectory as a 4th-round pick has him on pace to become one of the 10 highest-paid QBs in the NFL.

He’s a success story and a winner. That’s why he’ll be making over $20 mil/year soon.

Usually it’s people who are losing at life who try to bring winners down.

X550i

Reaction score
I think most every person on this board was pleasantly surprised Dak's rookie year when I think he surpassed even the most enthusiastic expectations. Since that time many of you have soured on him, and some are even rooting for him to fail.

I have my own concerns about Dak, but a I don't really believe that the coaching staff has done him any favors. I think Jerry and Stephen may also believe that as well.

Let's say Jerry, Steven McClay and Co. are right about Dak and reward him with what many here would consider to be an above market contract for Dak, (top 10 contract) but not really top 5 pay.

Many here would cringe at that number and I think that's understandable. But maybe Jerry and Co. are more in tune to reality than many believe them to be.

We all KNOW Linehan SUCKED. What if Dak gets some really good coaching, gets put in the position to succeed and he performs far above his rookie campaign level in terms of his play and winning. What would that be worth?

I really believe that Jerry and Stephen will not fire Garrett no matter what. But I have reconsidered that position. What IF Jerry and Stephen and McClay are pushing all their chips on Dak and saying we are not going to piss off Dak's career the same as we did with Romo. Maybe Garrett really IS on the hot seat.

I believe you will see Dak improve frantically this year, as all of the pieces are starting to come together. 1. He has a healthy, deep, talented OL. 2. He has a #1 receiver in Cooper an up and comer in Gallup and more talent in Cobb than he has ever had before.

The weak link on offense is RB2. That should be addressed in the draft. We also could use a real tight end (Ertz type). If we get that, and some innovative play calling this offense could SOAR.

The defense might take a step back this year if Tank departs via a trade, but I think it will be at least average. The team, as comprised will be good. The draft should, in theory, make us a little bit better.

I expect a trade to happen somewhere along the way, and they tend to be out of the blue and not what we expect. I'm optimistic about this year.

In my opinion, in order for the Cowboys as currently constructed to win a Superbowl, 2 things need to happen:
  1. This defense must be elite by being in the top 3 in take-aways
  2. Better coaching - specifically pre-game scheming and in-game adjustments
The defense was trending upwards towards the end of the season. However, they did not have enough take-aways to compensate for some of the offense deficiencies, which was lack of sustained drives and possessions. I was a proponent of acquiring Earl Thomas primarily due to his ball hawking skills. I obviously believe they need to resign Tank and still acquire another pass rusher like Quinn.

My concern is if the Joneses are committed to signing long term contracts to the current QB, WR, and RB; they are basically committing more resources to the offensive side of the ball.

The Rams and Colts exposed them last year and the Cowboys coaches had no answers. Finally, if you give Belichick two weeks to prepare the Big Game against the Cowboys; Garrett has zero chance.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
What's really sad is the fact you can't see a franchise QB when he is the starter for Dallas right now. Seems like you have a personal grudge against Dak for whatever reason and the things you say about Dak makes me question your football IQ. Yes I'm a Dak supporter cause i call it like i see it and when he plays bad i say it, just like any other player on the team. You Dak haters can't even give the dude credit when he plays good so you and the Dak haters club are delusional. Good day

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I think most every person on this board was pleasantly surprised Dak's rookie year when I think he surpassed even the most enthusiastic expectations. Since that time many of you have soured on him, and some are even rooting for him to fail.

I have my own concerns about Dak, but a I don't really believe that the coaching staff has done him any favors. I think Jerry and Stephen may also believe that as well.

Let's say Jerry, Steven McClay and Co. are right about Dak and reward him with what many here would consider to be an above market contract for Dak, (top 10 contract) but not really top 5 pay.

Many here would cringe at that number and I think that's understandable. But maybe Jerry and Co. are more in tune to reality than many believe them to be.

We all KNOW Linehan SUCKED. What if Dak gets some really good coaching, gets put in the position to succeed and he performs far above his rookie campaign level in terms of his play and winning. What would that be worth?

I really believe that Jerry and Stephen will not fire Garrett no matter what. But I have reconsidered that position. What IF Jerry and Stephen and McClay are pushing all their chips on Dak and saying we are not going to piss off Dak's career the same as we did with Romo. Maybe Garrett really IS on the hot seat.

I believe you will see Dak improve frantically this year, as all of the pieces are starting to come together. 1. He has a healthy, deep, talented OL. 2. He has a #1 receiver in Cooper an up and comer in Gallup and more talent in Cobb than he has ever had before.

The weak link on offense is RB2. That should be addressed in the draft. We also could use a real tight end (Ertz type). If we get that, and some innovative play calling this offense could SOAR.

The defense might take a step back this year if Tank departs via a trade, but I think it will be at least average. The team, as comprised will be good. The draft should, in theory, make us a little bit better.

I expect a trade to happen somewhere along the way, and they tend to be out of the blue and not what we expect. I'm optimistic about this year.

The weak link in the offense is the QB. Not the no 2 RB or anything else.

ghst187

Reaction score
You cannot pay an average QB elite money and then hope to build a great team around him with a FO that misses way way more than it hits. Esp when saddled with a crappy HC

Won't work

Ha very true, remember Minnesota going into last off-season? Everyone was saying “if they get a QB they are instant SB favorites” they went and paid huge money to Cousins and somehow they finished worse than before. I don’t think Dak is Cousins, I think Dak is pretty good and a winner, but I’m not totally sold to where I’m dying to give him a monster contract and lock him up. I don’t think our OC has tailored the O to his strengths. I think we can win with Dak and I think our coaching has been much more of a hindrance than our QB play. That said, I’d like to see one more year of Dak prior to locking up 1/5 of our cap for the next six years.

Big D

Reaction score
the weakest link on the offense all season long was an offensive lineman but never the same one. Fix this offensive line and it's depth and we're rolling over people provided the defense doesn't revert to being the weakest link.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak is a winner. There's no denying it. Now he has great talent around him. I just hope that talent remains healthy.

Flamma

Reaction score
If you believe Dak is the franchise guy you lock him up now because the longer you wait the note expensive he will be.

I don't think so. Dallas can wait one more year and place a Transition tag on him. There, instantly cheaper than if you paid him this year.