Dak's cap hit

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This dude uses Dak as a way to get attention from you guys.
Who knows or cares how he really feels. He goes quiet when Dak plays well and starts chirping anytime we lose or Dak doesn't play as well/.

He doesnt have the ability to feel differently since anything he says is just schtick anyway and his way of trying to get attention. He probably is some fat nerd that never got attention from women and this makes him feel relevant. Just another internet troll.
When I see you post this same thing to pappy counterpart....I'll give you the like.

JBond

Reaction score
So looking at this we are with all certainty going to lose Gallup. I believe Gregory is up as well right?
I believe the days of cap hell are behind us. At least I hope so. There will be some restructuring of multiple contracts, but nothing like the Romo disaster.

blueblood70

Reaction score
is it shark week and daks the bleeding sea lion?? chums in the water for dak haters for sure given hes not truly been the issue no one taking these alleged sharks seriously.

might want to find some defense, get the bad refs off the field, and check ut the OL and OC who doesn't know run game from his nose right now

real issues,

• defense needs to tighten it up especially in coverage stop holding and getting PIs even if they are sometimes called and should not be..
  • OL needs to play together as unit most have played well but its either one linemen or TE that misses blocks or gets pushed into the backfields and messes up the play,,watching a lot of playback from the raiders game its the TEs the defenses are targeting and they are walking them back into the play and messing up pass or run..just one player each play..tighten it up and we will be back to 6-0 type play,
  • Run game falls on the OL but also the OCs inability to stay patience with it and wear down a DL..we need to be creative but also physical, hes been neither the last 4 games. Kellen im overrated Moore needs to get that part of our offense back. this isnt school yard sandlot football and being cute and passing 75% of the time isnt working..run game please!

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I'm a Cowboy fan in SHOCK on how the heck we are going to build an SB champion with those Dak Cap hits........OMG
Superbowl the next 2-4 years taking the above # into consideration and a declining Zeke and offline would be a miracle if it happens!
Sorry just common football sense here.....;)
If this is your understanding of the cap or team building, I'm glad there are smarter people in charge than you.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His cap hit is (2021)17.5m
(2022) 34m, (2023) 45m (2024), 48m with a chance to get out in 2024 that last year.

Can anyone confirm the above is correct?

We better hope the NFL cap jumps up in a big way or we won't be able to surround him with the cushion of talent to which he has become accustomed.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We better hope the NFL cap jumps up in a big way or we won't be able to surround him with the cushion of talent to which he has become accustomed.
Not only accustomed to but mandatory as we all know what his results were when either Zeke or Coop isn't on the field.
Romo restructure disaster Part II coming soonest in Big D.....

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I'm a Cowboy fan in SHOCK on how the heck we are going to build an SB champion with those Dak Cap hits........OMG
Superbowl the next 2-4 years taking the above # into consideration and a declining Zeke and offline would be a miracle if it happens!
Sorry just common football sense here.....;)

If you were actually using common sense you'd know the cap is about to go up considerably and Dak's deal won't be bad at all in terms of % of the cap. But I know projecting your baby-dick energy on everyone else must be more fun for you.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
His cap hit is (2021)17.5m
(2022) 34m, (2023) 45m (2024), 48m with a chance to get out in 2024 that last year.

Can anyone confirm the above is correct?
based on current numbers. but I am sure this will get reworked and money pushed into the future. that's how it was designed.

so given he is a 17.5M QB and not the 40M QB you keep saying, does it mean our expectations should be lower?

btw, you will have fun. Dak will be here for a while. so you got plenty of TMZ content to continue to post....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Remember the priority with our dysfunctional ownership varies from others . As Jethro Jone$ has said “remaining interesting and relative “ drives revenue.

And over paying and retaining big name stars is part of this .

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So looking at this we are with all certainty going to lose Gallup. I believe Gregory is up as well right?
We were probably going to lose Gallup anyway. With Cooper and Lamb already on the team it would be hard to justify the kind of money it would take to keep Gallup as essentially the $3 receiver. He would be at least a #2 on most teams, and maybe even a #1 on some, so there will be teams willing to pay more than the Cowboys will want to pay.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
we have several players to resign including Gregory, Schultz. Gallup was always a luxuary as we are already paying Cooper 20M and drafted CD high in the first round (eventhough we had bigger needs). Wilson filled in decently. and we can always sign a cheap veteran for one year if we need to. its challenging to have so much invested in WR (if gallup gets 20M, that would be 40M + high first round pick).

Lawrance cap hit is about 27M, so I am sure given his past 3 years performance and injury history, he will either have to restructure and take a pay cut or be cut. cutting him after June 1st, will save 17M on the cap (splitting his 19M cap hit in two years).

Dak will be restructured. Zeke will be restructured. Smith will be restructured. with emergence of Steel, perhaps Collins maybe on chopping block since he has a 15M cap hit. do we keep him and make steele a swing tackle or do we let him walk and steele is the new RT and we look for that swing tackle.

the top priorities are Gregory & Schultz.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you were actually using common sense you'd know the cap is about to go up considerably and Dak's deal won't be bad at all in terms of % of the cap. But I know projecting your baby-dick energy on everyone else must be more fun for you.
He or she doesn’t care. The fact Prescott’s Cap hit is only 17 million this year of course hasn’t cropped up in the attack on the 40 million rhetoric . Nor the Cap implications moving forward . None of the facts support his or her spin. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
we have several players to resign including Gregory, Schultz. Gallup was always a luxuary as we are already paying Cooper 20M and drafted CD high in the first round (eventhough we had bigger needs). Wilson filled in decently. and we can always sign a cheap veteran for one year if we need to. its challenging to have so much invested in WR (if gallup gets 20M, that would be 40M + high first round pick).

Lawrance cap hit is about 27M, so I am sure given his past 3 years performance and injury history, he will either have to restructure and take a pay cut or be cut. cutting him after June 1st, will save 17M on the cap (splitting his 19M cap hit in two years).

Dak will be restructured. Zeke will be restructured. Smith will be restructured. with emergence of Steel, perhaps Collins maybe on chopping block since he has a 15M cap hit. do we keep him and make steele a swing tackle or do we let him walk and steele is the new RT and we look for that swing tackle.

the top priorities are Gregory & Schultz.
Cap is expected to increase by at least 25 million in 2022.

And I’d be all for releasing Lawrence .

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We were probably going to lose Gallup anyway. With Cooper and Lamb already on the team it would be hard to justify the kind of money it would take to keep Gallup as essentially the $3 receiver. He would be at least a #2 on most teams, and maybe even a #1 on some, so there will be teams willing to pay more than the Cowboys will want to pay.
But we should be able to afford retaining Gallup as #2. At least for now. The fact his numbers will be wayyy down due to injury this year will help in negotiations. And we won’t have to pay Lamb for 3 more years. Cooper will probably be gone by then.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm curious PD, you clearly are not a Dak fan and would rather we hadn't signed him long term. You equally are not happy at how much finance has been tied up in him but my question is this, IF in the next 4 seasons, Dallas wins a super bowl or two, would you relent and soften your stance towards him or would the hate continue?
No, much like earlier this year when he signed his extension and during 6-1 run he simply hides under a rock. He only comes out when things go south. Typical trolling behavior. Lol

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
a22283bc49bbd5b93e418968c7798e2d.gif

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
26 years and not 1 championship game trip ya there smarter for sure for sure.....:muttley::(
So have you submitted your application for the Cowboys General Manager position yet? You should work pretty cheap, since you're so worried about staying under the cap.