Dak's cap hit

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Not without a whole lot of talent around him and I do mean a whole lot of talent.

Well, the stupid front office got robbed, their fault, so they cannot get top players at a low cost because someone else has the lions share and is playing like a kitten.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bravo, good post and I agree.

Dak getting paid as if he is one of the elite is just wrong, and everyone knows this.
It's not a position ranking, it's just the state of the market for QB's. Supply and demand. There will be QB's that will be paid more than Dak when their contracts are expiring, and they won't all be better than Dak. That's just how it goes.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It's not a position ranking, it's just the state of the market for QB's. Supply and demand. There will be QB's that will be paid more than Dak when their contracts are expiring, and they won't all be better than Dak. That's just how it goes.

It's none of my business how much Dak got, what blows me away is the "no trade" clause because if someday JJ gets sober and sees the light he cannot get rid of Dak until his contract is up and knowing JJ, he will resign him.

RaZon

Reaction score

So what was the problem, why the hassle over Dak;s contract? So Jerry really had no choice so why the problem?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Dak id Jerry's piggybank just like Romo was need money restructure

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
So what was the problem, why the hassle over Dak;s contract? So Jerry really had no choice so why the problem?
You're finally asking the right questions. Dak "haters" were the ones that had a problem with his contract.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You're finally asking the right questions. Dak "haters" were the ones that had a problem with his contract.

Stupid post..."haters" that's all you guys have to fall back on. I Don't hate Dak, and yeah, I have a big problem with his contract...."no trade clause".

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
First of all an NFL MVP is not some meaningless award, it is a very big deal especially to those who win it. Can't believe you said that, wow!

Look my man, lets take Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers accomplishmebts, how in the hell does Dak belong in with that gang, yep, he doesn't so why pay him as if he did?
MVP award is subjective....based on 50 sports writers opinions. is it nice to have? yes, but is it important to a contract. no...usually players who are playing well are considered for the award and they get a contract regardless of winning it or not. to make it a precursor to getting a big contract is ridiculous.

how the heck does Allen belong in that group? how the heck does Watson belong in that group? how the heck does Wentz belong in that group? how the heck does Goff belong in that group? like I said Jackson coming up...next couple of years burrows/herbert and the rest of the young QBs as well. in the next two years, there will be 2 superbowl winning QBs....and right now abotu 5 QBs that will be up for new contracts....do they deserve it? or should they not be paid?

and the list you gave are elite of NFL....their next contracts will break NFL records. Mahomes already did. no player ever had a 10 year 500M contract. Allen just got paid...Wilson is about to get paid, again for not winning anything the past 5 years.

you have absolutely no idea how NFL works. almost no NFL player gets paid for services rendered.....they get paid on potential of what they can be/do in the future. ALL OF THEM. and its about supply and demand. its the way free market works. once you underrstand that. then you won't be as jealous of these guys and bitter about their contracts.

that's why no one will break the bank for Rothlisberger....he has two rings. should he get paid top dollars?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
True, but that still involves paying a large salary for the one year the player is on the tag - maybe larger than he would get under a free agent contract, although the obligation would only be for one year. And that's still money used on a #3 WR that isn't available for possibly a #1 guy at another position
Something tells me he's going to be a very good WR. I wish we could keep him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Google Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, you won't get far before ya read about all those MVP's. Yes it's a very big deal surprised you don't get that.

MVP (x3) and Super Bowl seasons (1995–97)

Favre (in a brown suit) with teammate Reggie White presenting President Bill Clinton with a Packers jacket in a May 1997 ceremony following the Packers' Super Bowl victory that year
In 1995, Favre won the first of his three AP MVP awards. Favre led the Packers to an 11–5 record, Green Bay's best record in nearly thirty years.[43] Favre passed for a career-high of 4,413 yards, 38 touchdowns, and recorded a quarterback rating of 99.5, which was the highest of his career until he recorded a rating of 107.2 during the 2009 season.[44] Favre also tied an NFL record by passing for at least two touchdowns in twelve consecutive games, a feat he accomplished over the 1994–1995 seasons. The Packers advanced to the NFC Championship Game after upsetting the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Divisional Game. The Packers lost the NFC Championship game to the Dallas Cowboys, marking the third year in a row the Packers season was ended by the Cowboys in the playoffs. Favre helped the Packers advance farther in the playoffs than any other Packer team since 1967, which was the season the Packers last won the championship in Super Bowl
yes, its MVP, but it has no bearing on contract negotiations and value. its for the fans......

Wilson never won an MVP, yet he got the largest contract at the time he signed....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For sure. It is also why Cooper is probably gone as well. After that, they should be able to keep everyone else around (for better or worse).

Dak can’t function without Amari Cooper. It’s been that way since Cooper has got here.

Tyron Smith & Amari Cooper are the MVPs on offense.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's none of my business how much Dak got, what blows me away is the "no trade" clause because if someday JJ gets sober and sees the light he cannot get rid of Dak until his contract is up and knowing JJ, he will resign him.
he can cut him if he wants...its no trade clause....its not a no cut clause.....

and to your point, if JJ wakes up and sees the light, meaning realizing Dak is not good as your opinion, then what can he be traded for anyways....

geez people, you find something to complain about regardless right...

Hadenough

Reaction score
His cap hit is (2021)17.5m
(2022) 34m, (2023) 45m (2024), 48m with a chance to get out in 2024 that last year.

Can anyone confirm the above is correct?
I can confirm that this heading towards a defense full of scrubs except for Parsons.

RaZon

Reaction score
MVP award is subjective....based on 50 sports writers opinions. is it nice to have? yes, but is it important to a contract. no...usually players who are playing well are considered for the award and they get a contract regardless of winning it or not. to make it a precursor to getting a big contract is ridiculous.

how the heck does Allen belong in that group? how the heck does Watson belong in that group? how the heck does Wentz belong in that group? how the heck does Goff belong in that group? like I said Jackson coming up...next couple of years burrows/herbert and the rest of the young QBs as well. in the next two years, there will be 2 superbowl winning QBs....and right now abotu 5 QBs that will be up for new contracts....do they deserve it? or should they not be paid?

and the list you gave are elite of NFL....their next contracts will break NFL records. Mahomes already did. no player ever had a 10 year 500M contract. Allen just got paid...Wilson is about to get paid, again for not winning anything the past 5 years.

you have absolutely no idea how NFL works. almost no NFL player gets paid for services rendered.....they get paid on potential of what they can be/do in the future. ALL OF THEM. and its about supply and demand. its the way free market works. once you underrstand that. then you won't be as jealous of these guys and bitter about their contracts.

that's why no one will break the bank for Rothlisberger....he has two rings. should he get paid top dollars?

Dude, trust me I get how this stuff works and if you don't get what a guy has accomplished on his first contract means everything, I can't help ya. Wilson/Mahomes had won a SB, they got paid. Allen is like Dak, a dumb deal.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dude, trust me I get how this stuff works and if you don't get what a guy has accomplished on his first contract means everything, I can't help ya. Wilson/Mahomes had won a SB, they got paid. Allen is like Dak, a dumb deal.
ok, I am not going to argue....in your opinion, nobody should get paid unless they win it....so in the past 20 years, there have been 12 superbowl winning QBs....no other QB should have gotten paid in the process. and based on this then Dilfer deserved one of the largest contract in NFL history at the time....I mean he won a superbowl....but do you think he would be worth it?

it is your opinion. but its a ridiculous one....