Dak's cap hit

Adreme

Reaction score
So looking at this we are with all certainty going to lose Gallup. I believe Gregory is up as well right?

For sure. It is also why Cooper is probably gone as well. After that, they should be able to keep everyone else around (for better or worse).

RaZon

Reaction score
It's meaningful in life? I guess their families down the line can put that on a bank loan application...

Google Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, you won't get far before ya read about all those MVP's. Yes it's a very big deal surprised you don't get that.

MVP (x3) and Super Bowl seasons (1995–97)

Favre (in a brown suit) with teammate Reggie White presenting President Bill Clinton with a Packers jacket in a May 1997 ceremony following the Packers' Super Bowl victory that year
In 1995, Favre won the first of his three AP MVP awards. Favre led the Packers to an 11–5 record, Green Bay's best record in nearly thirty years.[43] Favre passed for a career-high of 4,413 yards, 38 touchdowns, and recorded a quarterback rating of 99.5, which was the highest of his career until he recorded a rating of 107.2 during the 2009 season.[44] Favre also tied an NFL record by passing for at least two touchdowns in twelve consecutive games, a feat he accomplished over the 1994–1995 seasons. The Packers advanced to the NFC Championship Game after upsetting the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Divisional Game. The Packers lost the NFC Championship game to the Dallas Cowboys, marking the third year in a row the Packers season was ended by the Cowboys in the playoffs. Favre helped the Packers advance farther in the playoffs than any other Packer team since 1967, which was the season the Packers last won the championship in Super Bowl

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Google Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, you won't get far before ya read about all those MVP's. Yes it's a very big deal surprised you don't get that.

MVP (x3) and Super Bowl seasons (1995–97)

Favre (in a brown suit) with teammate Reggie White presenting President Bill Clinton with a Packers jacket in a May 1997 ceremony following the Packers' Super Bowl victory that year
In 1995, Favre won the first of his three AP MVP awards. Favre led the Packers to an 11–5 record, Green Bay's best record in nearly thirty years.[43] Favre passed for a career-high of 4,413 yards, 38 touchdowns, and recorded a quarterback rating of 99.5, which was the highest of his career until he recorded a rating of 107.2 during the 2009 season.[44] Favre also tied an NFL record by passing for at least two touchdowns in twelve consecutive games, a feat he accomplished over the 1994–1995 seasons. The Packers advanced to the NFC Championship Game after upsetting the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Divisional Game. The Packers lost the NFC Championship game to the Dallas Cowboys, marking the third year in a row the Packers season was ended by the Cowboys in the playoffs. Favre helped the Packers advance farther in the playoffs than any other Packer team since 1967, which was the season the Packers last won the championship in Super Bowl
I'm sure their great grand kids can use their money in more places than any award they can possibly win in the NFL.

So the only meaningful things in life are what you can put on a bank loan.
You rather your family to have money or Superbowls? Maybe you know of one, but last time I checked you can't put superbowls on bank loan application's.

RaZon

Reaction score
I'm sure their great grand kids can use their money in more places than any award they can possibly win in the NFL.

You rather your family to have money or Superbowls? Maybe you know of one, but last time I checked you can't put superbowls on bank loan application's.

If you can't figure out being an NFL MVP is a very big deal I can't help ya, yes it is a very big deal/

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
These figures mean nothing since the Cowboys will keep restructuring.

This is why getting a long term deal done was so important. Believe it or not it provides cap relief, not the other way around.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Funny then that all the guys listed there have managed both.

RaZon

Reaction score
And if you cant figure out that having generational wealth is an even bigger deal than any award then... I can't help ya

Dude, are you working at....DUH! 25 mill a year isn't generational wealth, hell yes it is 40 mill is simply greed.

So ya don't understand how important an NFL MVP is, whoa!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But we should be able to afford retaining Gallup as #2. At least for now. The fact his numbers will be wayyy down due to injury this year will help in negotiations. And we won’t have to pay Lamb for 3 more years. Cooper will probably be gone by then.
That's true if Gallup is willing to take notably less than he otherwise would have had he not missed time, and if other teams are shied away from making big offers because he missed time. In free agency there are always teams that need help enough they will overlook missed time due to injury as long as they feel the injury is no longer an issue.

Of course, the team could retain him at a significant price if it's willing to withhold spending in other areas, but again, it's hard to justify significant money for the team's #3 receiver when the team doesn't have a notable #1 guy at other positions.

Maybe I'm wrong, but all along I've considered it a long shop to keep all 3 of the top receivers when Gallup's contract came up.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Dude, are you working at....DUH! 25 mill a year isn't generational wealth, hell yes it is 40 mill is simply greed.

So ya don't understand how important an NFL MVP is, whoa!
giphy.webp

RaZon

Reaction score
40 million a year for six months work, think about that. 40 million dollars a year.

My God how could anyone not see how ridiculous that is? Come on people get real, that is simply greed, the guy don't need no 40 mill a yer, let's have some common sense here.

Your daddy raised you and your brothers and sisters on a tiny fraction of that, you make a tiny fraction of that, so here is this dude who has never won a thing in the NFL.....40 mil a season.

Gluttony is one of the sins.

But he could get hurt at any time and never play again. OK, live off that 100 mill ya already have,think ya can make ends meet with that.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I like Dak but what he did about his $$$$$ totally sucks.

Let's get real here, this is a single cat, no shoes to buy no mouths to feed and he needs 40 million a year? Why? No thoughts at al about ...TEAM...none at all and he needs one around him. He can't make ends meet at 25mill a year, hell yes he can. The cat making 50 mill selling soup. beds, whatever, and he can't be cool and help us out? Dude is greedy just that simple.

Hell yes who doesn't need a....

10262672.png

If I;m an offensive linemen I get pissed knowing without me protecting his butt there are no TV spots, no huge $$$$ contracts, hell......hey Dak, how about tossing some of that soup $$$$ over this way, would hate to miss a block.

Well, there are two sides to this coin. One side, Dak, wanted or got to get paid as the highest paid player in the NFL and a no trade clause (he must know something about himself to want that) so the pressure is on him to win a SB or two like he claims he can do, and if he does not he will go down with that stigma of never being a winner with all that money wasted because you cannot build a team on pennies.

The other side of the coin, if JJ wants to get drunk and let Dak and his rep rape him then it's on him and he deserves all the blame for getting swindled.

I don't think Dak can win a SB but I'll hang on to see if I'm right or wrong. The love of money is the root of all evil...we'll see if Dak can overcome his evil.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We could tag him?
True, but that still involves paying a large salary for the one year the player is on the tag - maybe larger than he would get under a free agent contract, although the obligation would only be for one year. And that's still money used on a #3 WR that isn't available for possibly a #1 guy at another position

Reactions: G2

RaZon

Reaction score
Well, there are two sides to this coin. One side, Dak, wanted or got to get paid as the highest paid player in the NFL and a no trade clause (he must know something about himself to want that) so the pressure is on him to win a SB or two like he claims he can do, and if he does not he will go down with that stigma of never being a winner with all that money wasted because you cannot build a team on pennies.

The other side of the coin, if JJ wants to get drunk and let Dak and his rep rape him then it's on him and he deserves all the blame for getting swindled.

I don't think Dak can win a SB but I'll hang on to see if I'm right or wrong. The love of money is the root of all evil...we'll see if Dak can overcome his evil.

Bravo, good post and I agree.

Dak getting paid as if he is one of the elite is just wrong, and everyone knows this.

exciter

Reaction score
You love mediocrity!
Lol, I’m perfectly happy with our elite franchise QB, who will be here for the next 10 years. Feel free to go root for any team of your choosing because there’s nothing, not a damm thing you can do about it!