Daks entire career defined in one game

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That bugged me more than anything. The first few made sense with lots of time left to get to midfield. From there you need big chunks. They used all timeouts and the clock to get the last 20 yards.

cuz that’s what defense gives u. Difference is Zeke can’t make a play

TheHerd

Reaction score
Aikman also wasn't elite when Emmitt didn't show up.
Thought we were talking about Dak, McNabb, Wentz, and Eli.

If you want to talk Troy, I always thought he was a super accurate passer who was really good, but could not carry a team. He had an elite defense, and a great and gutsy coach. He rarely made mistakes in big games. So in short, he was the perfect QB for that team. I do think in another situation he could have put gaudy stats but won a lot less games.

Darkhound

Reaction score
But watch all the little idiots here who defend him and thinks he is elite lol

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
https://i.*******/gd0ya92zmx6z.jpg

Dak stans and Romo stans arguing over whose late-game failures were superior to the other’s

All the while, inept ownership, coaching and defensive play surround(ed) both.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak's career will be defined the same as Romo's, by dumb fans.

No matter how many points the other team scores, if the Cowboys don't outscore them...QB's fault. :muttley:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same old DAK storytelling.
Team team team but pay me 40 million to only beat dog teams!

Praxit

Reaction score
....Dak needs better pocket awareness. Is that teachable?

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Difference in the game. Dak 3 turnovers Russ 0. If it is 2-0 we might have won the game. I feel good about our team. Seattle could not have played better.

Seattle gave up a touchdown pass which ended up being a touchback. Dallas should have been 7 points further behind.

Beaten badly by DK Metcalf, Diggs chased down the Seahawks receiver before he crossed the goal line and punched the ball through the back of the end zone to force a touchback. Instead of allowing their second touchdown pass of the first quarter of more than 40 yards, Diggs' play gave the Cowboys the ball at their 20.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
If your looking to define his career in one game this is the perfect example plays great despite many things going wrong but when it counts for whatever reason he ends up on the losing end.

Yeah he should have overcome 2 extra point misses and a muffed kickoff /safet and a helmet to helmet redo ! normal things that on any other day give a him a win on a field goal in the end.

Reaction score
Agreed. Needed a Romo on that last drive. Dak was happy feet in the pocket and dumping it off until the last desperate play.
Maybe chucking it downfield a few times results in a pick too but play to win not lose.
I guess you didn't see how deep Seattle were playing their safeties. Chucking ot 20 yards or more downfield would have just ended up in disaster.

Reaction score
He’s nothing like Romo. Romo had Garrett as a play-caller until 2013 and wasn’t even allowed in early game planning meetings by the “anointed” one, until he could make contract demands. Garrett is already getting bashed by the Giants for his inept play-calling and zero ability to field a RG. Dak is seeing one-safety, man all day because of Zeke and his homers think this is Garrett’s playbook, while Garrett’s offense was pretty much a zero play-action playbook and Romo was pretty much throwing out a traditional 5-7 step drop. One-read Dak stares down his WRs all day and any even practice well, which explains why he consistently can’t hit his WRs in stride.

If Romo had this roster and Moore with him, defenses would have no idea what to do. You can’t stack the box and if you go zone, Zeke is having a field day.

The fact Garrett is now calling plays with the Giants, with his 32nd ranked rushing attack and lack of TOP offense is a testimony to how great Romo was and how much Jerry ruined his career and these clowns made a mistake by letting him go.
Romo ain't coming back. Deal with it.

30 years from now you will making the same useless posts dreaming about Romo

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Romo ain't coming back. Deal with it.

30 years from now you will making the same useless posts dreaming about Romo
This is they type of game that turned Romo into a hero, single-handily trying to overcome a horrible team effort and his mistakes being excused in the process. Dak doesn’t get that QB privilege.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
No matter what you thought of Daks play, he had us ahead with 2 minutes left in the game.

I don't know what else can be done when you're winning and your defense gives up the go ahead TD. On the final drive, how do you let a 3 man rush get to your QB? They are dropping 8 in coverage, there's no where to throw it, and if there is, you need a little more than 2 seconds of time to find that person. Nolan/Marinelle/Monte Kiffen/Rob Ryan, and so on, have been the death of the Dallas Cowboys. Is there any point in the Jone's tenure that they will decide to take this defense serious?