Dak's Final Chance At Cowboy Immortality

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
They need to bring in a tough minded coach and one that is truely committed to running the ball. The best thing they can do for Dak is to make him unimportant to the game plan. I know they are paying him a boat load of money but he is not the guy you ask to go win big games, never has been, never will be. They have to have a dominant run game and a very good to dominant D in order to advance in the playoffs and be real contenders. Dak's job needs to be turn around and hand the ball off or 3-5 yard outs to move the sticks. Take all the pressure to read a D and perform off him.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
It will not be about his performance this year, but whoever the next HC (likely Belichek) selects as Offensive Coordinator.

Any predictions about who that OC could be?

Dak is playing in an offense that plays more to his strengths as a passer (west coast slants, comebacks, seams), but the design of it is stale and stagnant. Dak has had everything change around him, sometimes 2 or 3 times to no avail. ‘Texas Coast’ has been a fun fling, but it hasn’t unlocked a legitimately better version of Dak. No change has since his rookie season.

I predict we don’t make the playoffs this year, and the HC job turns to someone new. The last shot that Dak has to take a step and get the Cowboys over a hump will have to be that next OC.

It’s easy to step back and say he won’t get better, but since he’s not going anywhere, all we can do is hope there’s a QB whisperer out in the universe that can level Dak to his final form and take this team all the way. Might as well argue about who that should and shouldn’t be
I fear that Belichick becoming HC could be even worse than McCarthy. I worry that the game passed him by and he'll stubbornly stick to his old ways. At least maybe he'll mandate that we be solid in the trenches but those Patriot teams post-Brady were downright putrid. I know Belichick will at least instill some much-needed discipline and may be what Dallas needs to get rid of that entitlement attitude from a coaching standpoint, but I'm just terrified about him schematically. I guess he could attract good coordinators so hopefully we can get someone who will maximize Dak's skillset.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That’s all you haters have. And the ironic part of it is you are clueless how ignorant your hate agenda makes you look. :lmao2:
This guy

All he ever does is call other posters haters and Insult people

Then he talks about how their posts make them look and has no idea how "silly" he looks on a daily basis

spice

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This thread is headed, exactly where I thought it would :laugh:
Exactly the same groups take over with all the hater homer crap that makes it unreadable and tired. They all have personal wars with one another almost every thread seems to degenerate to the same thing

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The receivers are running those specific routes for a reason. The WRs are being handicapped and asked to get separation without using the modern schemes & approaches that today’s elite offenses use for a reason. Go watch the All-22 of Dallas & NYJ and then go watch the elite offenses.
You probably believe it lol yeah like motion is going to confuse Prescott. It confuses the offense more penalties rookie line.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Dak has already seized Cowboy Imortality

The guy threw like six Pick 6's in a season once. NOBODY WILL EVER FORGET HIM!!!!

(except for Jerry, who probably forgets Dak every single day....but that's more on Jerry being a 900 year old liver spotted urin drenched mummified geezer than anything else)

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak has already seized Cowboy Imortality

The guy threw like six Pick 6's in a season once. NOBODY WILL EVER FORGET HIM!!!!

(except for Jerry, who probably forgets Dak every single day....but that's more on Jerry being a 900 year old liver spotted urin drenched mummified geezer than anything else)
Dak might have 6 pick sixes for his entire career. Where do you come up with this stuff?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dak might have 6 pick sixes for his entire career. Where do you come up with this stuff?
I quick search reveals he has 9 for his career and the most he has had in a season was 4 in 2017. Stafford has 30 in his career. Romo had 13. Aikman had 12. Dak isn't even the leader for this franchise let alone the league. That would be Favre and his 32! Geez.. 32 TDs to the wrong team!?!? Good lord!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
How’s his post season and SB records?

Stats don’t mean squat compared to titles.
this FO as currently constructed for 28 years is not winning a title..we have had several HOF players come through here and a for certain HOF coach who couldnt change that...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I pick on McCarthy as much as anybody, but as much as Dak is limited in this offense, this often is also limited by Dak. In order for it to be effective, you gotta be able to go down the middle of the field and to the sidelines at least once in a while.