Dak's future with the New York Giants? Trade possibility?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You asked who Dak might “prefer” to play for and why. You didn’t ask who might want him. I believe the Saints and Dolphins will show interest. Perhaps the Rams and Seahawks. If Dak isn’t on the Cowboys’ roster in 2025, which is most likely, I believe he’ll be on the Dolphins’, particularly if they don’t win the AFCE this season.
Going back to the OP, none of those teams would be interested in trading for him (without a guaranteed extension) and would they meet Dak's demands.......why do it now, when they could get him without loss of draft capital in 2025......Dolphins arent going to sign now, they'll give Tua a last year to prove it.

With so many teams potentially interested and a wildcard 'desperate' young franchise that's prepared to break the bank (if Dak's primary want is money) he's not going to agree to an extension ,with a trading team, as they are unlikely to meet ALL of his requirements and it would leave money on the table.

If he doesnt extend within the next week, cut him Pre-June, save the $40 (well $30m net in 2025) and revisit next year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ok this is Fish live at 6am show, he is talking about a article David Helman wrote on the giants being a good spot for dak, now or when he is a FA.
Fish says the cowboys need to get off the fence and trade him now, or pay him what he wants.

It is rare for a QB to go to a div rival , I doubt the jones would do this unless they got some good picks.
I might trade Dak for JOnes, and some picks like 2nd and lower, maybe next year or year after.

Jones might do good here, but I know a lot of zoners dont care for him.
Would you rather have Jones and some picks ? Or Dak and a big contract?
Jones could be a stop gap till they draft a new guy? It would be different and more exciting, than more years with dak.

Lets face it, they either get rid of Dak or sign him for 4-5 more years.
Fish said at one point if they trade dak or let him walk they could have 100 mil in cap room for 2025.
Dallas could do a lot with that if they were smart lol, some question as to if they are smart or not.

Anyway something to discuss, and the show was laid back and funny.
Fish said it might be click bait, but it isnt his click bait , he is just reporting on the cb article.

first of all, who comes up with this stuff???

I mean I'd really like to understand how 1 A player who's about to receive one of the bigger contracts in the NFL, who has all the power, all the leverage ,if he becomes a free agent he can go wherever he wants... he has a no trade clause, no franchise tag clause, why would he want to go to the giants??

Literally, you don't do that you don't trade within your own division a guy that good in my opinion he's the best quarterback in the division whether you like to admit it or not whether people around here like to admit it or not he's one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL he was top three last year he's top ten at his worst and he's top five most of the time you wanna hand our division rivals one of the best quarterbacks in the league??

I'm not even reading the rest of it it's not happening unless he chooses it to happen it's one of the dumbest things I've heard in trade rumors outside of the Twitter war going on right now that there are some Pittsburgh steeler fans that believe they're gonna get CD lamb for that spare part of a running back in naji Harris who in my opinion is not worth any more than a fifth round or if not a 6th rounder and yet there's weird things going around the Internet about CD Lam for Najee Harris I mean these are the kind of things the social media talk about that make no sense it's like talking to a kindergartener how about sports...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I live in NY. Giants fans hate Jones, but man, if the solution was to trade for Dak, they would not be happy. (Not that it would happen in any case.)
dude the trade would be bad for the Cowboys, not the giants!! You're pretty one of the top quarterbacks in the league on one of your bigger arrivals who had one of his best seasons last just last year...

that would be epic for the giants ,this man is arguably the best quarterback in the NFCE and he's probably a second or third best in the NFC, top five in the NFL just last year top ten at his worst Daniel Jones isn't even close heavy take a look at how badly Prescott has destroyed and owned them it will be nice to have your enemy on your side to get the sniper who takes your team out on a regular basis on your side.. I thought there couldn't have been a worse post a more delusional response than the actual post itself that original post is nonsense then you thinking the giants would be unhappy they have one of the top quarterbacks in the league versus a spare part they overpaid for??? That's a joke right Prescott is twice the quarterback that Daniel Jones is..

blueblood70

Reaction score
And there are idiots who think Dak is still the one and only answer to lead the Cowboys to a SB. LOL.....funny. :muttley:
That's not the point here,

there are absolute sports idiots who would believe it would be smart to give up one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL at least arguably the best in the NFC East and 3rd best in the NFC. He was second team all pro just last year, you want to give him to a bitter rival after??!!??

he's coming off one of his best years you want to hand them a better quarterback. Show me all the quarterbacks leading their teams to Super Bowl wins we going to have to keep bringing this up but 95 quarterbacks have been drafted since 2016 only one of them has won a Super Bowl so yeah let's go ahead and give our bitter rivals a shot that being twice the team, they are now just by finding what they've been missing in a quarterback...

Prescott's not Mahomes but neither is anybody else in the league it's debatable who the next little group is I mean who leads that group like Burrows Allen Prescott they're all in there that second tier that is Prescott regardless of how you wanna rank your own quarterback because you blame him for all the playoff woes that we've had I mean it's like people last night blaming Luca for the loss are you kidding me did you watch the game The Mavericks got slaughtered from top to bottom and yet they blame one player of course they do Lucas basically Prescott... All the things that dumb fans say because they blame a single player for team problems...

There isn't another quarterback in this league I take on this team over Prescott other than mahomes and every damn team in the league would say that he's truly the only elite quarterback that's starting right now.... Again there's a little group that are very similar but you think they could take people to Super Bowls and why aren't they winning Super Bowls where's all these other quarterbacks who are better than Prescott like leading their teams to Super Bowl wins not being on super teams it's still falling short yeah that's right I'm calling out teams that loaded their team up with talent like the Eagles and the 49ers the only lose to my homes anyway...

I'm really sick and tired of having this debate because you think that you could just plug in any quarterback and we're going to charge right on to the Super bowl because you think that that's the problem here you think Prescott's the one holding us back and that's why you can call people idiots in general but do you have a mirror in the house???

blueblood70

Reaction score
Trading Dak and getting a ton of cap sounds awesome and beneficial for the future.

Until you look at the 2025 draft class and 2025 free agents.

Fields? Darnold? Jones? Winston?

Love, Goff and Tua aren’t going anywhere.

Its like Washington having $90+ million in cap and signing nothing but JAGs to big deals.
You're probably wasting your time you're not gonna convince anyone here that anything short of getting rid of Prescott because he's the one that's holding us back they're in a hurry to be bad they're in a hurry to be the giants you know to have an average quarterback get you nowhere versus at least one that's have no losing seasons that's up for the MVP discussion that's literally top ten all time in the NFL in touchdown interception ratio a guy who put your offense in the top three his entire career and I realize we're falling short in the playoffs but people better open up the big picture because this is not on the quarterback I mean how can you have it both ways first we have a terrible GM that doesn't know how to build a team but then you blame the quarterback when you don't have any elite players making impacts in the playoffs when it counts... So yeah we're supposed to have one single player win games no matter the situation or the scenarios that are happening around him he better put up 60 or he's gonna get the blame for the loss that's how these fans look at it they're in a hurry to get rid of a position in which we own one of the top quarterbacks in the league regardless if he's Patrick mahomes or not so that we can get a guy who's worse so we can win the all season because that's all it's important to people here it's to pick higher in the draft and scoop up all the high end free agents like some of the other terrible teams been doing for decades and still not winning Super Bowls...

They probably don't see the big picture because some of us have watched Cleveland be terrible for a decade and constantly have two to three first round picks, they could pick anybody they can draft anybody, they can replace owners, GM's ,hell you can move cities , and they still aren't winning Super Bowls...

that's the same for The Jets , broncos, and a whole bunch of other teams....

how we can look at any of the Houston franchises Titans Oilers and now the Texans who people seem to be all on the bandwagon for them to just simply lose in the second round but what do all these teams do for decades they could not find a quarterback in the draft so therefore they went out and overpaid for guys like Russell Wilson, deshaun Watson, and other quarterbacks they seem to be hungry for they have to go find them that is Prescott right now some team is going to find him very attractive and he's going to go on to a team that's all they need is that piece and he's gonna win a Super Bowl somewhere else....

These fans think it's gonna be easy just remove the one player they believe holding us back and then we're instantly winning Super Bowls.. That's delusion at its finest regardless if it would be good for this team if they had the power which they have none of it to trade Prescott but they do it inside our own division it's ridiculous it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard... I mean we saw this with Brett Farr he wanted to be a Viking he wanted out they were ready to get rid of him but there was no way they were allowing him to go to the Vikings even though they had what they felt was his replacement on the team and we don't even have that..... Most teams who trade a valuable player especially at quarterback they try to do it outside their conference let alone their division look at where most of these quarterbacks have went.....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And there are idiots who think Dak is still the one and only answer to lead the Cowboys to a SB. LOL.....funny. :muttley:
With the problems that keep showing up every season. leading the league in penalties, an inconsistent running game and an uninspired garbage defense that can’t stop anyone in the playoffs, we’re not winning a SB regardless the QB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
With the problems that keep showing up every season. leading the league in penalties, an inconsistent running game and an uninspired garbage defense that can’t stop anyone in the playoffs, we’re not winning a SB regardless the QB.
:hammer:

Chasing6

Reaction score
I actually agree that the above's a distinct possibility (though i'm more inclined to think Jerry will capitulate and give Dak whatever he wants, and thenlaud it as a success as he negotiates just a partial NTC).......however......

.....that just highlights the problems with the FO.
A roster that will struggle to compete for a play-off birth in 2024.
Paying Dak $29m for the privilege
Kicking $40m of Dead Money into 2025
Re-entering the 2025 Dak sweepstakes, where if Dak wants money, SOMEONE is going to massively overpay

So, why spend all of those resources on a forlorn hope in 2024. Cutting him (I doubt any team is desperate enough to trade for him, as he wont trade/extend), taking a hit in 2024, clearing the Dead Money (with a Pre-June cut), expediting the CAP reset........and may well open up enough CAP to sign: Micah, CeeDee and even Dak.
I think Dak wants to win and may surprise some people with deal he signs. Either way fans will read into it what their harden beliefs already are now.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak would get annihilated in NY. Even Mara couldn’t save Jason Garrett for more than a year and a half there.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I actually agree that the above's a distinct possibility (though i'm more inclined to think Jerry will capitulate and give Dak whatever he wants, and thenlaud it as a success as he negotiates just a partial NTC).......however......

.....that just highlights the problems with the FO.
A roster that will struggle to compete for a play-off birth in 2024.
Paying Dak $29m for the privilege
Kicking $40m of Dead Money into 2025
Re-entering the 2025 Dak sweepstakes, where if Dak wants money, SOMEONE is going to massively overpay

So, why spend all of those resources on a forlorn hope in 2024. Cutting him (I doubt any team is desperate enough to trade for him, as he wont trade/extend), taking a hit in 2024, clearing the Dead Money (with a Pre-June cut), expediting the CAP reset........and may well open up enough CAP to sign: Micah, CeeDee and even Dak.
The $40M was already paid. Just has not hit the cap yet. His last contract of $40M per year was actually not bad. Restructuring it was the problem and where that money was spent.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak wouldn’t be playing in a domed stadium and would have to deal with cold weather. I hope he ends up there. He’s been getting away with too much coddling and excuses and scape-goats.

Chasing6

Reaction score
How old are you? My instinct is to give you the benefit of doubt that you know what things like spam and troll are...

But looks like you think those are people that dare not agree with how you see things.
Have a great evening!
Well you will eventually grow up when you realize none of those things happen.