Dak's future with the New York Giants? Trade possibility?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is why people hate Dallas fans. They can not understand something as basic as a no trade clause. And they complain about Dak, yet somehow think bringing it absolute hot garbage at QB is a improvement.
So....you are telling us why people hate you?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought I ignored all the people spamming these types of posts all day. Another added to the list.

You can like Dak without ever becoming this much of an annoyance.
Not sure he's spamming....but he HAS lost his mind, tranced...if you will...on our qb situation. DDS is a terrible thing. It knows no annoyance boundaries.

Motorola

Reaction score
Of course he is tradeable. Just because the contract says that we cant trade him doesnt mean he isnt able to give us permission to do so.
And to just what team you think or feel Prescott would prefer to play for besides the Cowboys - and why?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And to just what team you think or feel Prescott would prefer to play for besides the Cowboys - and why?
I pointed out the hypothetical earlier. If we were to trade Prescott, it would be because of Trey Lance. Why would Dak want to stay here if he lost his job to Trey Lance? Just accept a trade from another team, play for an extension there and if he doesn't like it, hit the FA market. That way he avoids being out of football/holding a clipboard for a season.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers, the San Francisco 49ers, the Los Angeles Rams, the Seattle Seahawks, the Green Bay Packers, because they are all better run franchises than the Dallas Cowboys. He would likely consider the New Orleans Saints, and Minnesota Vikings because, unlike the Cowboys, they seem to know what they’re trying to do. Mostly I think he’d play for the Miami Dolphins because they will be the team willing to pay him more than any other.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I pointed out the hypothetical earlier. If we were to trade Prescott, it would be because of Trey Lance. Why would Dak want to stay here if he lost his job to Trey Lance? Just accept a trade from another team, play for an extension there and if he doesn't like it, hit the FA market. That way he avoids being out of football/holding a clipboard for a season.
Hahaha..........he needs to beat out Cooper Rush first.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Holding a clip board is Trance's job and it is very secure.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So is Dak, But at least with Lance there is a chance of progressing. Trade him, cut him, sit him, whatever, just don't extend him.
Progressing.........I will give you that much, because Trance is on the floor and can only progress up from there.

Motorola

Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers, the San Francisco 49ers, the Los Angeles Rams, the Seattle Seahawks, the Green Bay Packers, because they are all better run franchises than the Dallas Cowboys. He would likely consider the New Orleans Saints, and Minnesota Vikings because, unlike the Cowboys, they seem to know what they’re trying to do. Mostly I think he’d play for the Miami Dolphins because they will be the team willing to pay him more than any other.
○ Green Bay curb-stomped Dallas with their first year starter versus the veteran Prescott with 7 seasons starting experience...so they ain’t granting him the exorbitant contract he and his agent want.

○ Forty-Niners been handling the the Cowboys the last three years (regular and postseason); they don't need or want Prescott...certainly if Shanahan is still the HC-OC...Prescott is not his type of QB.
○ I've watched enough Vikings games to come to the conclusion HC Kevin O'Connell and his OC are not the answer (even with signicant injuries to starting QB and top-3 WR.
---I'll give you some credit on the Rams---2024 will be Stafford's 16th year in the league, has an NFL title, and has been bestowed the recognition of being an all-time great with his original team --he could hang 'em up after this season...more so if

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The above scenarios are all spam my friend.
How old are you? My instinct is to give you the benefit of doubt that you know what things like spam and troll are...

But looks like you think those are people that dare not agree with how you see things.
Have a great evening!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
○ Green Bay curb-stomped Dallas with their first year starter versus the veteran Prescott with 7 seasons starting experience...so they ain’t granting him the exorbitant contract he and his agent want.

○ Forty-Niners been handling the the Cowboys the last three years (regular and postseason); they don't need or want Prescott...certainly if Shanahan is still the HC-OC...Prescott is not his type of QB.
○ I've watched enough Vikings games to come to the conclusion HC Kevin O'Connell and his OC are not the answer (even with signicant injuries to starting QB and top-3 WR.
---I'll give you some credit on the Rams---2024 will be Stafford's 16th year in the league, has an NFL title, and has been bestowed the recognition of being an all-time great with his original team --he could hang 'em up after this season...more so if
You asked who Dak might “prefer” to play for and why. You didn’t ask who might want him. I believe the Saints and Dolphins will show interest. Perhaps the Rams and Seahawks. If Dak isn’t on the Cowboys’ roster in 2025, which is most likely, I believe he’ll be on the Dolphins’, particularly if they don’t win the AFCE this season.

Motorola

Reaction score

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
i get so tired of the speculative news. great for fans in here bored but when journalists are bored and do it, its just another level of stupid.

Motorola

Reaction score
You asked who Dak might “prefer” to play for and why. You didn’t ask who might want him. I believe the Saints and Dolphins will show interest. Perhaps the Rams and Seahawks. If Dak isn’t on the Cowboys’ roster in 2025, which is most likely, I believe he’ll be on the Dolphins’, particularly if they don’t win the AFCE this season.
As I commented on earlier - Packers and 49ers would have no interest in Prescott- both teams have exposed his flaws in competition- with less experienced quarterbacks.
To reiterate + finish my response (time limit caught me up) ---

+ Rams could be a legitimate landing spot because Stafford is long in the tooth, and has accomplished much with the Lions (records) and a title (Rams)

+ Steelers - Wilson will crash and burn - thus Fields will be QB1 halfway through 2024. If he still hasn't improved from being a just being a running quarterback...Pittsburgh could give Prescott a call.

+Seahawks-- a solid possibility-- Prescott is better than Geno Smith (and a couple of years younger)

+ Saints --- native son returns home to help return the franchise to the heights the team experienced with Brees.

Motorola

Reaction score
i get so tired of the speculative news. great for fans in here bored but when journalists are bored and do it, its just another level of stupid.
Experienced \ creditable sports journalists-reporters need to not stoop to the level of the wannabes that have inundated the industry because they can easily createc a platform or oulet without establishing any credibility.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak has a no trade clause, and I would guess he won't waive it to join an organization that's somehow worse than Dallas with a fanbase that will boo him in New York and the New York media will roast him alive.
Well that about sums it up right there.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak will be our starting QB in 2024. Regardless of how many imaginary scenarios our fan base comes up with.

Dak is not asking for a trade.
Jones' have not mentioned a trade.
Dak has only said he is confident something will get worked out.
Jones' have only said they want to resign Dak.
Dak will not be cut.
Dak will not sit.
Trance will not start.

2025 who knows what will happen.
I actually agree that the above's a distinct possibility (though i'm more inclined to think Jerry will capitulate and give Dak whatever he wants, and thenlaud it as a success as he negotiates just a partial NTC).......however......

.....that just highlights the problems with the FO.
A roster that will struggle to compete for a play-off birth in 2024.
Paying Dak $29m for the privilege
Kicking $40m of Dead Money into 2025
Re-entering the 2025 Dak sweepstakes, where if Dak wants money, SOMEONE is going to massively overpay

So, why spend all of those resources on a forlorn hope in 2024. Cutting him (I doubt any team is desperate enough to trade for him, as he wont trade/extend), taking a hit in 2024, clearing the Dead Money (with a Pre-June cut), expediting the CAP reset........and may well open up enough CAP to sign: Micah, CeeDee and even Dak.