Twitter: Dak's improbable completions against the Eagles

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Dak is COOKING right now and is as accurate as ever. You love to see when the WRs reward him as well.

Funny that number 3 was actually a loss of yards, I wouldn't write home about that one, would have been better to throw away.

Also number 2 - I get why it's a low % on paper but that seam pass has become Dak's signature. I absolutely LOVE the stress it puts on the seam players (LBers and Safeties) because it also opens up the sideline as they start to catch on.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Clearly the Gallup one was the cream of the crop. 2nd would be Ferguson long gainer.

Not hating but the one to Cooks wasn't a dime. It needed to be out in front of him a little more. He had to slow & jump up for it. If in front, it's an untouched TD rather than being tacked short.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I am not sure why the throw to Cooks would be low percentage. That was basic and only had low seperation because Dak was a tad late. The throw and catches to Ferguson and Gallup were extremely nice.
exactly. the separation metric is flawed if interpreted to mean the receiver created no separation.

johneric8

Reaction score
Dak is COOKING right now and is as accurate as ever. You love to see when the WRs reward him as well.

Funny that number 3 was actually a loss of yards, I wouldn't write home about that one, would have been better to throw away.

Also number 2 - I get why it's a low % on paper but that seam pass has become Dak's signature. I absolutely LOVE the stress it puts on the seam players (LBers and Safeties) because it also opens up the sideline as they start to catch on.
Be careful or you will offend @Risen Star with all that praise.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am not sure why the throw to Cooks would be low percentage. That was basic and only had low seperation because Dak was a tad late. The throw and catches to Ferguson and Gallup were extremely nice.
I think Dak is still getting used to Cook's speed. he got there a little sooner than Dak anticipated. another 1/2 yard and it would be a TD outright

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Clearly the Gallup one was the cream of the crop. 2nd would be Ferguson long gainer.

Not hating but the one to Cooks wasn't a dime. It needed to be out in front of him a little more. He had to slow & jump up for it. If in front, it's an untouched TD rather than being tacked short.
I think Dak was trying to avoid throwing it further inside toward the safety, who was coming over that direction. He fit it into a "soft" spot between the corner and safety. He probably could have led Cooks a little more, but the main thing was getting it in that window.