Twitter: Dak's improbable completions against the Eagles

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So how did you feel about his play in 2016?
But that goes back to the need of a running game. In 2016 Zeke was running champ and Dak was also contributing. In recent years teams have been able to sit back in cover 2 as Zeke's abilities faded and Dak's injuries.
In a perverse way we're lucky with the 9ers defeat as Dak has improved (or trusted) his mobility which teams can't ignore.
This will be the biggest difference when/if we get the 9ers again ..... Daks ability to assist the Tony/Rico which should (hopefully free up the secondary).

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
with Moore's offense, there was always a probability that WR and QB would be on different pages. sometimes route decisions developed late in the route and the WRs read it differently than QB. some of that confusion and insanity is removed from our play designs.
Yep,agree. There are many factors that add up to create the improvement. Dak able to keep plays alive by moving out of the pocket rather than staying in their 'hoping' for the play to develop. It's that 2 reads then checkdown (which includes him just evading the pocket).
Dak looks confident, in all situations...even trusting his receivers in coverage.
Limiting confusion, insanity and over complexity has resulted in an offense that is exuding confidence.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But that goes back to the need of a running game. In 2016 Zeke was running champ and Dak was also contributing. In recent years teams have been able to sit back in cover 2 as Zeke's abilities faded and Dak's injuries.
In a perverse way we're lucky with the 9ers defeat as Dak has improved (or trusted) his mobility which teams can't ignore.
This will be the biggest difference when/if we get the 9ers again ..... Daks ability to assist the Tony/Rico which should (hopefully free up the secondary).
Yeah but how does this prove Dak has never been a franchise QB?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yeah but how does this prove Dak has never been a franchise QB?
You mentioned 2016 and I brought up the necessity of the run game to compliment Dak's talents.
Dak's been living up to what Jimmie Ward said about stopping the run and making Dak beat them. He's now got the line (fit) and varied running game.
Franchise QB isn't a quantifiable term, unless it's on tenure.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You mentioned 2016 and I brought up the necessity of the run game to compliment Dak's talents.
Dak's been living up to what Jimmie Ward said about stopping the run and making Dak beat them. He's now got the line (fit) and varied running game.
Franchise QB isn't a quantifiable term, unless it's on tenure.
Man I Don't know what Jimmie Ward or what you're talking about Dak has shown he was a franchise QB lol. You can argue that elite title all you want but you can't argue he was a franchise QB the minute he stepped foot in this league.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Man I Don't know what Jimmie Ward or what you're talking about Dak has shown he was a franchise QB lol. You can argue that elite title all you want but you can't argue he was a franchise QB the minute he stepped foot in this league.
That's the argument that supports the argument that rookie QB's have a better chance to succeed in a good Offense.
You can ignore the Jimmie Ward quotes about Dak, but ignorance isn't bliss and he plainly explains what their game plan has been.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's the argument that supports the argument that rookie QB's have a better chance to succeed in a good Offense.
You can ignore the Jimmie Ward quotes about Dak, but ignorance isn't bliss and he plainly explains what their game plan has been.
I'm not ignoring JImmie Wards comments I don't even know what the hell you're talking about or what relevance JImmy Ward has to this conversation he was a 9er wasn't lol?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Alright, now that is way over the top! I know you are his biggest fan, but what you just wrote is a crock of crap. Nobody knew what Dak would be the minute he stepped on to the field. This is the kind of crap that actually makes posters not even like Dak because of how his over the top fans post this nonsense! smfh

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Alright, now that is way over the top! I know you are his biggest fan, but what you just wrote is a crock of crap. Nobody knew what Dak would be the minute he stepped on to the field. This is the kind of crap that actually makes posters not even like Dak because of how his over the top fans post this nonsense! smfh
He got mvp votes his rookie season….if you didn’t know he was a franchise QB then I can’t help you. I don’t speak for Dak I speak for fans of the game. And no one saw Dak in 2016 and didn’t think his ceiling was franchise QB.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
He got mvp votes his rookie season….if you didn’t know he was a franchise QB then I can’t help you. I don’t speak for Dak I speak for fans of the game. And no one saw Dak in 2016 and didn’t think his ceiling was franchise QB.
That was seven years ago when he stepped into a loaded team. Now, it's taken till year eight to even get mentioned for MVP again. You are so infatuated with Dak that it is way over the top. Why don't you make a poll stating that when Dak first stepped on the field he was a franchise QB, see how many agree with that nonsense, go ahead, I dare you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That was seven years ago when he stepped into a loaded team. Now, it's taken till year eight to even get mentioned for MVP again. You are so infatuated with Dak that it is way over the top. Why don't you make a poll stating that when Dak first stepped on the field he was a franchise QB, see how many agree with that nonsense, go ahead, I dare you.
Well the problem a a lot of you anti guys have is comprehension skills. I never said when Dak first stepped on the field he was a franchise QB lol…..you are upset over something I didn’t say lol. I said you can’t argue he wasn’t a franchise QB the minute he stepped foot in this league lol. Which is the 2016 season. I never said the field or however you’re trying to twist it. But this is what you do you don’t read the whole exchange you just jump on one post and make a fool do yourself.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Well the problem a a lot of you anti guys have is comprehension skills. I never said when Dak first stepped on the field he was a franchise QB lol…..you are upset over something I didn’t say lol. I said you can’t argue he wasn’t a franchise QB the minute he stepped foot in this league lol. Which is the 2016 season. I never said the field or however you’re trying to twist it. But this is what you do you don’t read the whole exchange you just jump on one post and make a fool do yourself.
Dance KoKo...you know what you said, so do others, it's in the written words of yours. Dance KoKo. Make that poll.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dance KoKo...you know what you said, so do others, it's in the written words of yours. Dance KoKo. Make that poll.
Why don’t you make the poll? What are you afraid of? Man up and do it don’t try and have me do your dirty work for you. Now you go and “dance”.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Why don’t you make the poll? What are you afraid of? Man up and do it don’t try and have me do your dirty work for you. Now you go and “dance”.
That is what I thought, carry on. Dream on, dream, dream, dream. Infatuation at it's finest.

aikemirv

Reaction score
That ball to Cooks was just shy of 40 air yards and before the safety got over to break it up or lay Cooks out. Cooks did a great job using his body to shield the DB so he couldn’t make a play on the ball.

If one wants to criticize the Cooks pass, then the one to Gallup would be worse. He had to extend and lay out to catch it.

Strange, but an incompletion was a more impressive throw than the Gallup pass. Dak threw a 25 yard dime to a very tightly covered Lamb on the sideline that Lamb failed to catch.
Not criticizing at all, just that he had more seperation at the beginning and it was not a low completion % pass.

The one to CeeDee was a thing of beauty

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak was not late. He had to look off the Safety long enough to help Cooks receive enough room along that deep post caught at the goal line.
I was not being a critic. Cooks had to hesitate for it. Was not a low percentage completion pass. Had separation on the break.

You Dak slobberers sure are sensitive!