Twitter: Dak's improbable completions against the Eagles

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And that pass was with a free blitzer in his face. All arm strength and in front of Fergie so he could catch and run.
That throw is just what separates him from a lot of guys right now. If you blitz him he kills you. If you drop guys back he’s gonna take care of you underneath.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I am not sure why the throw to Cooks would be low percentage. That was basic and only had low seperation because Dak was a tad late. The throw and catches to Ferguson and Gallup were extremely nice.
Dak was not late. He had to look off the Safety long enough to help Cooks receive enough room along that deep post caught at the goal line.

NVMe_Zo

Reaction score
Confidence is the best way to elevate your game to the next level, our QB has always been top 10 good, with his newfound confidence he may just be high stepping his way to the number 1 spot among quarterbacks.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak just shifted to another gear after the SF game. He is in the zone. Love to see it. Great part of the season for him to get into a groove.
Yep, it's as if he's worked out the checkdown (as seen in the first two completions). Despite his arm showing up in the OP, it's his willingness to run/scramble/lateral movement that keeps plays alive and doesnt allow the defense to sit in coverage that's the starting point that's now reaping rewards.

This could come to fruition when/if we play the 9ers again.....as Dak's shown he's willing to help the run game will mean one less secondary piece to beat. That's the perfect culmination of the last 4 weeks, we've been allowed, in game day situations, to perfect against coverage/man and develop confidence levels throughout the offense.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Those are some beautiful passes.

Haters stay quiet.

Great passes. And very nice catches too! Some of those we used to drop.

The best part of that clip is seeing CeeDee getting blocks for Ferg.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Clearly the Gallup one was the cream of the crop. 2nd would be Ferguson long gainer.

Not hating but the one to Cooks wasn't a dime. It needed to be out in front of him a little more. He had to slow & jump up for it. If in front, it's an untouched TD rather than being tacked short.
If I was forced to pick something to work Dak.....if would be that. Get that ball out front. He has gotten WAY better, but there are a few times each game he could get himself more yards. Or an extra TD.

It's something we work on in my band. We sound like crap the 1st time we play a song. Then we get better and better until the littlest error still bugs us. Audience might not even notice but we do!

Gambit

Reaction score
Who determined the "probability" of those being incompletions and how did they do so? Good QB's make those kind of throws all of the time. Dak's improved his accuracy and focus and we're seeing the results. He's playing his best ball. Let's not pretend that it's not a regular thing by good QB's though. I want to see him do this in the playoffs against SF though.
LOL.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Take another look at that throw. If dak throws that ball out in front of Cooks, the S picks it off. Seemed that way to me.
S is in the area but it could have been in front of Cooks & still safe IMO.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I think Dak was trying to avoid throwing it further inside toward the safety, who was coming over that direction. He fit it into a "soft" spot between the corner and safety. He probably could have led Cooks a little more, but the main thing was getting it in that window.
This is 1000% thrown away from the safety.

One thing that Cooks is really good at that is surprising for a guy of his size is using his body to protect the ball against the defender's leverage.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dak was not late. He had to look off the Safety long enough to help Cooks receive enough room along that deep post caught at the goal line.
Cooks clearly had to slow down. So, I think you have to say it was a touch late and\or a touch to the right (from Dak's perspective).

If a little earlier to the same spot, Cooks catches it in stride.

If thrown at same time but a little more out in front of Cooks, catches it in stride.

Not a dime but a nickel and 3 pennies. My only point is it wasn't quite a dime & the little things like this can make a huge difference. I believe we ended up having to convert on 3rd & goal on this one when it could have been a TD. I understand that not every pass is going to be perfect so it's not a scathing criticism but rather a let's describe it accurately.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I wasn't aware anyone ever questioned his heart. His leadership, toughness and willingness to put seems to be what he has always got high marks for.

Making quick, accurate reads seemed to be more what was questioned. I think that's been the big area of improvement for him. Seemed in the past he often took too long to get rid of the ball waiting for clear separation between his receiver and the DB, and now he is learning to understand the coverages and willing to throw the ball in a spot that gives his receiver a chance, but not the DB.

I have at times in the past seen his arm strength questioned, and he certainly doesn't have a cannon, but I think he's easily proven his arm is strong enough to make any throw he needs to.
with Moore's offense, there was always a probability that WR and QB would be on different pages. sometimes route decisions developed late in the route and the WRs read it differently than QB. some of that confusion and insanity is removed from our play designs.