Twitter: Dak's incredible comeback

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak....the entire offense....the entire defense....and special teams has Dallas at 4-1

There, fixed it for you.

You forgot one, brother...the coaches. Can we imagine how much these players workout, getting strong? That is the behind the scenes that we don't get to see. They look determined. Looking lean and clean...getting ready for the up hill climb after a Turkey.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well I am kinda scared to post in this thread ......... but here goes.

With everything Dak has had to go through and overcome in his life .......... I do not know how anyone can be surprised that he has returned once again.

The thing that surprised me is that he was injured as good quarterback ........ and then 10 months later came back as a GREAT quarterback.

I do not know what he did, besides work very hard, but he looks like a completely different guy out there. He has complete control of this team ........ you can tell even when the defensive players make a great play, they go running to their leader on the sidelines.

Just an incredible story so far ......... great job young man ........ keep proving your doubters wrong.
its usually a change in the mental side. the mind set. and they also get a chance to see a lot more film of themselves and learning about things they did wrong.....and improve their game by eliminating mistakes.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
his mindset changed and he probably spent a lot more time in film room. he said he read a couple of books that transformed his mindset....

I think this is the biggest reason for his improvement...he was able to dedicate so much time on the mental aspect of the game post injury.

Most of his mechanical improvements came the off-season before the injury, and I think we saw that from the way he was able to put up gaudy stats in the 4 games. But post injury, he worked on his mindset and studying the game. One thing we are certain about Dak is ultra-committed to improvement so he will continue to get better...we have only begun to witness how good he can become.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak....the entire offense....the entire defense....and special teams has Dallas at 4-1

There, fixed it for you.

We may need the rest of the team come playoffs time. Playing the 2nd easiest schedule in the NFL makes the rest of the team irrelevant but come playoff time, the rest of the underachieving supporting cast may be required to contribute in some small measure...... it for now it’s just a one man show:rolleyes:

DallasInDC

Reaction score

There, fixed it for you.

This is the true, but the problem with this statement is that it was not used in the same context from the anti-Dak crowd whe the Cowboys were losing (with the 32nd rank Defense nonetheless). All we heard from that crowd was Dak owned the W-L record, last, against winning teams, etc. But now that the Cowboys have a winning record, all of sudden, it's a team record not one individual player....the hypocrisy is loud on this one.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
This is the true, but the problem with this statement is that it was not used in the same context from the anti-Dak crowd whe the Cowboys were losing (with the 32nd rank Defense nonetheless). All we heard from that crowd was Dak owned the W-L record, last, against winning teams, etc. But now that the Cowboys have a winning record, all of sudden, it's a team record not one individual player....the hypocrisy is loud on this one.

Regardless of individuals, Dallas is playing well in all aspects. The running game has really helped the passing game and vice versa and the defense with the turnovers and pressure is really helping out too.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He has gotten better. He must have just sat and threw the ball. Worked on arm strength and accuracy without being able to plant of push off with that leg.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

All Dak did was add protection, a dominant run game, a great OC in Moore and an opportunistic defense and some short fields.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not sure who said it, but someone on NFLN said that some players come back from a nasty injury playing better than before, and that has happened to lots of injured players. I guess they just sit around and realize mistakes they made and learn to play better, and Dak and the team are killing it!

Garbage. Maybe they appreciate the game more, thats about it.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
He was already a great QB. Injury didn't do anything but stall his career.

While uncertain if the injury had anything to do with it (more likely the running game), I appreciate that Dak is throwing less compared to this time last season but with a higher efficiency.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
While uncertain if the injury had anything to do with it (more likely the running game), I appreciate that Dak is throwing less compared to this time last season but with a higher efficiency.

Yah good thing Dak just decided to throw less. Thats the difference for sure.

Now that Dak has decided he should throw the ball less we are winning again. Who knew?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Oh yah...........and then he personally decided to just try throwing the ball less.

BOOM!! Instant contender.
Goes with film study. Learning defenses and reads. Knowing when to check out of passes.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Regardless of individuals, Dallas is playing well in all aspects. The running game has really helped the passing game and vice versa and the defense with the turnovers and pressure is really helping out too.

Yes, you are absolutely correct...however, the sentiment was true last year but those opposed to Dak wouldn't acknowledge it was a TEAM effort (especially with the worst defense, worst special teams and multiple missing OL). The statement Dak was 1-3 (remember most anti-Dakers wouldn't even give him credit for the NYG loss even though he left the game in the 3rd quarter with a lead) was their mantra. Never once did they say it was a TEAM loss.