Dak's odds of winning the championship at 31?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Ok lol. Instead of admitting wrong you claim the person I was having a conversation was wrong….just let it be this is ridiculous.
How do you explain the fact that all the comments are right there for you to see and it clearly shows that you brought up Allen in the very first response in the thread and DRB responded to that comment which initiated your discussion? I mean it's is right there in front of you. Undeniable.

Right there in black and white.

I can see why you are confused. What with your usual hundreds of post per day and multiple arguments going on at the same time. Must be tough not to get lost in all them rabbit holes. lol

Have a good day sunshine.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How do you explain the fact that all the comments are right there for you to see and it clearly shows that you brought up Allen in the very first response in the thread and DRB responded to that comment which initiated your discussion? I mean it's is right there in front of you. Undeniable.

Right there in black and white.

I can see why you are confused. What with your usual hundreds of post per day and multiple arguments going on at the same time. Must be tough not to get lost in all them rabbit holes. lol

Have a good day sunshine.
Me and DRB weren’t confused. It’s really bothering you that you were wrong here. It would bother me too if I wasn’t minding my business and and I ended up looking foolish. Except you could’ve admitted you were wrong two days ago instead it’s been 48 hours and you are still going.

And I don’t know what type of lifestyle you live but yeah we don’t call each other sunshine….with all due respect to LGBTQ community.

leeblair

Reaction score
I don't think the Cowboys have a competent QB on the roster today.
I somewhat agree, but I think Cooper Rush has shown that he is competent.
He doesn't have the arm strength of a lot of quarterbacks, but he has shown that he can lead the team.
While I am unsure how he would hold up as the longterm starter, he is competent.
But we know that Dak isn't, and Lance is too inexperienced for us to know his abilities.

leeblair

Reaction score
And based on what you wrote, you can essentially do this with any average QB provided that the QB in question isn't the largest line item on your cap.
Yep. That's the problem. I am not sure that Dak could be counted on to not self destruct and take the team with him, either.
Manning could/would at least make critical plays when needed; I don't think Dak could do that.
Regardless, the Cowboys can't pay top money to Dak for a limited role with so much history of him choking.

kskboys

Reaction score
I somewhat agree, but I think Cooper Rush has shown that he is competent.
He doesn't have the arm strength of a lot of quarterbacks, but he has shown that he can lead the team.
While I am unsure how he would hold up as the longterm starter, he is competent.
But we know that Dak isn't, and Lance is too inexperienced for us to know his abilities.
Depends on how you define competent.

As a starter, Rush is far from competent.

As a backup, Rush is low level backup. I guess if you want to claim competency for that, OK.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Sure, but if we just give up because Jerry will waste the money anyway, then what's the point anyway?
I agree, but the point is it will be nothing more than what they divvy up amongst their own anyway.

It won’t go toward some new philosophy of bringing in outside talent in an attempt to get better. The savings would be barely noticeable if at all.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’ll bet his odds of winning a championship are higher than our odds of even being a playoff team this year without him. Its really hard to win a playoff game if you aren’t in the playoffs.

leeblair

Reaction score
Depends on how you define competent.

As a starter, Rush is far from competent.

As a backup, Rush is low level backup. I guess if you want to claim competency for that, OK.
5-1 isn't "low level".
And he has sufficient arm strength in the right system.
He's not going to air it out like Matt Stafford, but he is comparable to Drew Brees.

kskboys

Reaction score
5-1 isn't "low level".
And he has sufficient arm strength in the right system.
He's not going to air it out like Matt Stafford, but he is comparable to Drew Brees.
You rate QBs strictly on W/L record? Wow, now that's weak.

Man, I know you're not serious w/ this. Cooper lacks sufficient arm strength for pretty much everything. And to compare him to Brees? C'moooooooooooooooooon.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree, but the point is it will be nothing more than what they divvy up amongst their own anyway.

It won’t go toward some new philosophy of bringing in outside talent in an attempt to get better. The savings would be barely noticeable if at all.
So you're saying we should just pay Dak/CD/Parsons whatever they want and be content to lose?

basel90

Reaction score
Dak will never take this team to a SB , or a CCG , period. He has huge limitations and it will get worse.

basel90

Reaction score
Especially w/ a GM who has no clue how to build a team so he puts way too much on the QB.
That is also a plausible factor indeed for the failure.
But sometimes special QBs make a run or two during a 9+ year career. Dak has not even come close to a playoff run with some elite usable tools around him at times.

leeblair

Reaction score
You rate QBs strictly on W/L record? Wow, now that's weak.

Man, I know you're not serious w/ this. Cooper lacks sufficient arm strength for pretty much everything. And to compare him to Brees? C'moooooooooooooooooon.
No, but his W/L record is better than Dak's.
Dak fans are the ones who like stats, too.

fivetwos

Reaction score
So you're saying we should just pay Dak/CD/Parsons whatever they want and be content to lose?
No, I’m not saying anything about what I would do, I’m saying what they would likely do.

Getting Dak for 5-10 million a year less than market isn’t going to result in any noticeable difference on the field as they will still not participate in free agency.