Twitter: Daks QBR against winning teams

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Try again, coward.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/bills-player-i-see-why-you-dont-pay-dak.447067/page-5#post-9754925

“DURRR DA AVERAGE QBR IS 50.... BUT 49 vs JUST GOOD TEAMS IS SO BAD... BUT I WON’T TELL U WHERE DAT RANKS!!!”

Unintelligent troglodyte logic.

....refer back to my last post. Again, the standards you are putting on others you don't put on yourself. I specifically responded TO THAT.

The ESPN QBR you used is not detailed, you don't even know the "formula" - nor is it situation specific, it's a QBR that could easily be inflated by QBs having great QBR against bad teams. I also told you there are two ways to go about this: If Dak is somehow high on the list with a BELOW AVERAGE grade against good teams, the QBR is fundamentally flawed...which still wouldn't help your case.

I will not repeat myself: You want context for QBR while you refuse to provide context. Try to explain ESPN's QBR, which you admitted you can't.....but you still think it holds water here. It's confirmation bias.

All you have are insults, you have nothing else. You're boring and you hate your life and we all can see this.I won't be responding to this again, so I advise you to stop spamming it since it was clearly answered and you have psychological issues.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
....refer back to my last post. Again, the standards you are putting on others you don't put on yourself. I specifically responded TO THAT.

The ESPN QBR you used is not detailed, you don't even know the "formula" - nor is it situation specific, it's a QBR that could easily be inflated by QBs having great QBR against bad teams. I also told you there are two ways to go about this: If Dak is somehow high on the list with a BELOW AVERAGE grade against good teams, the QBR is fundamentally flawed...which still wouldn't help your case.

I will not repeat myself: You want context for QBR while you refuse to provide context. Try to explain ESPN's QBR, which you admitted you can't.....but you still think it holds water here. It's confirmation bias.

All you have are insults, you have nothing else. You're boring and you hate your life and we all can see this.I won't be responding to this again, so I advise you to stop spamming it since it was clearly answered and you have psychological issues.
If you want to dismiss QBR altogether, that’s fine. I never said that stat is the be-all end-all.

What you CAN’T do, however, is refer to QBR ONLY when it helps your argument.

You’re confused anyways. Or maybe just stupid.

Dak’s 49 QBR vs winning teams is not “below average”.

If you have a 50 QBR vs EVERY TEAM, that is “average”.

Therefore, a 50 QBR vs ONLY WINNING TEAMS is “ABOVE average”.

Dak’s 49 QBR vs winning teams is very likely “ABOVE average” since a 50 QBR vs every team is “average”.

And of course, we don’t know how far “above average” that is, because neither of us have done the research on comparing his 49 QBR vs winning teams to that of other QBs.

Once again, you’re far too cowardly to give Dak your personal ranking. And that is because your garbage opinion won’t be backed up by facts of any kind.

You’re a 1-trick pony with zero substance. A JOKE.
:thumbup:

Last edited:

Birdgang

Reaction score
He knowingly omitted one of Wentz’s games vs teams with a winning record, SOLELY because Wentz was garbage in that game.

Keep defending that trash.

Oh, and Wentz’s overall QBR is what it is because he’s been complete garbage against teams that don’t have a winning record.

You know, kind of like when he walked into Dallas in the game of the year, Sunday night.... and promptly choked, like he does in every big game. Dak outplayed him and got the W, as usual.

Dak’s better. Deal with it.

A small group of you just cant let it go, This topic has 0 to do with Wentz. Wentz was brought up as example since OP asked and AL posted the stats he knew. You cant really compare the two as both in different situations at this point. The comparing was Other teams QBs QBR Vs teams with winning records. If you dont know how I feel about both Eagles QB and Cowboys QB by now then thats on you as Ive stated in correct threads plenty of times.

Nav22

Reaction score
A small group of you just cant let it go, This topic has 0 to do with Wentz. Wentz was brought up as example since OP asked and AL posted the stats he knew. You cant really compare the two as both in different situations at this point. The comparing was Other teams QBs QBR Vs teams with winning records. If you dont know how I feel about both Eagles QB and Cowboys QB by now then thats on you as Ive stated in correct threads plenty of times.
Lies.

AL is the one who brought up Wentz. Which is adorable since Wentz is clearly inferior to Dak. 3.5 years isn’t a small sample size anymore. Draft status, Wentz’s only “advantage”, means zero at this point of their careers. Dak’s numbers and record destroy Wentz’s, and that’s not even getting into the leadership and durability factors.

LOL the OP never brought Wentz up, nor did he ask to compare Dak’s numbers to those of anyone else. Nice try!

Birdgang

Reaction score
Lies.

AL is the one who brought up Wentz. Which is adorable since Wentz is clearly inferior to Dak. 3.5 years isn’t a small sample size anymore. Draft status, Wentz’s only “advantage”, means zero at this point of their careers. Dak’s numbers and record destroy Wentz’s, and that’s not even getting into the leadership and durability factors.

LOL the OP never brought Wentz up, nor did he ask to compare Dak’s numbers to those of anyone else. Nice try!

The question of OTHER Qbs QBR was brought up AL only posted the stats he knew .... but yea nice try. We can discuss the 2 QBs in another thread and their stats ect. But stay on point asnd stop letting your hate for a team get in the way

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Look, I’m onboard with Dak being the QB of this franchise for the foreseeable future, but the Dak Boyz need to own these stats. Dak hasn’t picked up this team against winning teams.

See, I have no problem as a Dak fan (but, more importantly, a Cowboy fan) seeing Dak STILL has some issues. From accuracy to decision making, he’s gotten much better, but still has a way to go. But, from watching the NFL this year, the 2 guys that he seems to get pitted against (Goff, Wentz) have shown quite a few warts as well that many on this board seem to turn a blind eye to when singing their praises. That’s my only issue when having to debate folks on here.....stop acting like the Cowboys QB is such trash when he’s more or less been outplaying the guys that many on this board claim as generational talents.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Look, I’m onboard with Dak being the QB of this franchise for the foreseeable future, but the Dak Boyz need to own these stats. Dak hasn’t picked up this team against winning teams.

It’s interesting that Dak has improved his game in several facets. Namely his footwork and mechanics. Yet this season has been less successful at things he used to be very good at, like limiting turnovers and 4th quarter game on the line situations.

I am hopeful Dak will pull that part of his game back together. But yeah it hasn’t been good this year.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It’s interesting that Dak has improved his game in several facets. Namely his footwork and mechanics. Yet this season has been less successful at things he used to be very good at, like limiting turnovers and 4th quarter game on the line situations.

I am hopeful Dak will pull that part of his game back together. But yeah it hasn’t been good this year.

There are still some levels to his game he has to raise. One of the primary ones is cutting down the turnovers. Some of his picks have been egregious.

His season this year reminds me a bit of Romo’s earlier year, such as 2007, when he was lighting it up through the air but at the expense of turning it over more than you’d like.

Guys like Wilson and Rodgers are operating at that level Dak should be trying to attain in terms of TD:INT ratio.

Mrrogerius

Reaction score
There are so many things to like about Dak and I would like to see him as the long term starter here. I was unfortunately surprised when he wasn't forward thinking enough to sign a team friendly deal however. I thought he would realize that he is only as good as his surrounding talent. His ability isn't enough to overcome any difficencies on a team. This season has been a perfect example of that.

HungryLion

Reaction score
There are still some levels to his game he has to raise. One of the primary ones is cutting down the turnovers. Some of his picks have been egregious.

His season this year reminds me a bit of Romo’s earlier year, such as 2007, when he was lighting it up through the air but at the expense of turning it over more than you’d like.

Guys like Wilson and Rodgers are operating at that level Dak should be trying to attain in terms of TD:INT ratio.

Agreed. The turnovers are honestly the only real issue I have seen with him this year.

That’s not to say he is perfect in all other facets. But if he had half as many picks. The teams record would be better, they probably win one or two of those games against winning teams and Dak would legit be in the top 5ish QB discussion for this season.

I am hopeful he can cut them down though. Considering he hasn’t been turnover prone in prior seasons.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Let’s discuss. This is interesting

Seems like Shannon doesnt know math, and you dont know how to research,

Dak vs winning teams has a 56.16 QBR

vs BUF 55.0
@ NE 33.0
vs MIN 83.8
vs GB 31.1
@ NO 77.9

QBR 56.16 add it up.

He has 2 bad QBR games vs winning teams

@NE
Brady had a 40.2. The elements played into both QBs not having a good game.

vsGB
Cooper letting the ball right through his hands into a INT brought it down. Dallas had 4 or 5 big plays taken back by questionable calls. Which has been the theme of the game every time these two teams have played since 2014

Last edited:

Qcard

Reaction score
Seems like Shannon doesnt know math, and you dont know how to research,

Dak vs winning teams has a 56.16 QBR

vs BUF 55.0
@ NE 33.0
vs MIN 83.8
vs GB 31.1
@ NO 77.9

QBR 56.16 add it up.

He has 2 bad games vs winning QBRs vs these teams

@NE
Brady had a 40.2. The elements played into both QBs not having a good game.

vsGB
Cooper letting the ball right through his hands into a INT brought it down. Dallas had 4 or 5 big plays taken back by questionable calls. Which has been the theme of the game every time these two teams have played since 2014
Facts rarely generate clicks or viewership ratings.
Sponsors but ads around juicy opinions.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Facts rarely generate clicks or viewership ratings.
Sponsors but ads around juicy opinions.
yup, just find it funny that most will call shannon a idiot, and shows like his worthless and all the other names in the book until its convenient for them. Then they plaster it all over this forum, even it its wrong.

Qcard

Reaction score
yup, just find it funny that most will call shannon a idiot, and shows like his worthless and all the other names in the book until its convenient for them. Then they plaster it all over this forum, even it its wrong.
Skip Bayless has given Shannon Sharpe the $10 mil per year playbook. Stephen A Smith exhibit A.

It's like wrestling, there has to be a bad guy.

Most of these guys will adjust stats to fit a narrative that gets clicks, views, tweets etc

Suddenly it's Dak's QBR against winning teams smh...

How about Dak's QBR against Playoff teams?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Skip Bayless has given Shannon Sharpe the $10 mil per year playbook. Stephen A Smith exhibit A.

It's like wrestling, there has to be a bad guy.

Most of these guys will adjust stats to fit a narrative that gets clicks, views, tweets etc

Suddenly it's Dak's QBR against winning teams smh...

How about Dak's QBR against Playoff teams?
The sad thing is the Cowboys own "fans" eat it up.