Dak's Stats Last Season vs. Romo's 2012 Season (Both Contract Years)

blueblood70

Reaction score
oh good grief lol
Maybe he should hire joe gibbs, or some other SB winning coaches.
MM won way back in 2010, and then wasted rest of rodgers career just getting to playoffs every year, then losing, just like he does now.
He rode rodgers coat tails for many years.
how about ohh good grief Mike McCarthy in 2020 naming all the coaches that were hired in 2020 with him and I could tell you right now he was the best of all of them because look at his record now go show me the records of all the coaches hired what were their names and how did they do literally he was the best choice if you look at the history you cannot do much better than that I mean what do you want us to pull a rabbit out of the hat like you know like teams dial up 1800 quarterback like it's that easy to replace the quarterback that's what you guys think you think you could just pick any coach because what you you pulled it out of left field or in the college or some assistant that no one knew about and you were smarter than everybody else that would have been better than Mike mccard they know right now looking at what's happened he's been to the playoffs three straight years. Literally 36 wins two division titles three straight playoff appearances I know we wanna do better in the playoffs but give me a break Bob just posted he might do something no other coach since Tom Landry is done if he goes to the playoffs again for the fourth straight year..

So he has Super Bowl pedigree but now you're mocking it because it was back in 2010 give me a break... Literally all of y'all you think you know better because you think Jerry does such a bad job and that this guy's a puppet and he's not most walk around head coaches well he was that and now he's the offensive coordinator he literally has his team last year the most efficient offense in the NFL the highest scoring offense in the NFL Prescott had his best two years since his rookie year was with Mike McCarthy so the writing's on the wall I mean the drafts have been great most of them maybe not last year but literally I don't know what you're trying to counter like who are you trying to tell me they should have got in 2020 that would have made a bigger difference or done any better because you can't there's no way to know that...​
I am sick and tired of the incessant whining by the wannabe Internet fake GM's around here that think Jerry is such a bad GM when we all know that the GM duties are actually being handled by will mcclay and Stephen Jones and a group of other people he doesn't do it by himself Jerry doesn't sit there and do much of it all except be a mouthpiece right now he's like the queen of England he has no power he just has prestige and he likes to think he has the final word he is not a puppet master to Mike McCarthy.​
If you want to knock all the other things like he doesn't aggressive in free agency and whatever you don't think he knows what he's doing with some of these contracts you could say whatever you want but you can't even say for sure that any other hire we would have done that year would have been better you have no idea who was available and who he would have hired because everybody that was hired in 2020 lost their jobs within three to four years i think they were all gone before their third year..​
So Kevin Stefanski, Matt rhule .,joe judge, Ron rivera, and mccarthy , who else?OH Urban Meyer didn't remember everyone who wanted him..lmao total train wreck 1 yr and out who else.. Not one of those coaches we're better than what Mike McCarthy's been doing here especially when you guys try to ridicule Jerry Jones for not doing anything right I mean which is it he doesn't give us enough talent but Mike McCarthy somehow winning a lot of games and he might not be winning the big games but neither is a whole lot of other coaches so tell me what your list was and how you think you're smarter than the rest of everyone else in the NFL and especially you think you could do a better job than Jerry which is laughable because he has a lot of help...show me!!!​

BoysForLife

Reaction score
No, I asked for evidence of the poster’s statement. That’s not a straw man.
Your last paragraph in that previous post is a total straw man argument. And borrowing from you, one doesn't have to be a Mensa member to see that.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Here is a comparison of Dak vs Romo in a contract year. The stats are for the season prior to the contract year. Romo was treated like Jerry's son while Dak has been treated like an unproven rookie. Double standard, plain and simple and Dak's numbers and wins are better than Romo's.

In 2013, Romo signed a a six-year, $108 million contract extension with $55 million in guarantees and a $25 million signing bonus. This contract extension saw Romo make just $1.2 million less than HOF, 2-time Super Bowl Champ Peyton Manning.

Meanwhile in 2023, Dak outplayed Romo in most of the important stats except total yards as shown below. Romo was never questioned or ever in a "prove it" season like Dak is facing this season as Romo was Jerry's adopted son and treated as such. In 2023 Dak played one more game than Romo's 2012 season but only had 9 interceptions to Romo's 19. Ouch!!

2023 Dak's led the Cowboys to an 12-5 season and was 2nd in NFC MVP Voting
CMP ATT Yards Comp% AVG TD INT Long Sack RTG QBR Carries Yds Avg TD Long
410 590 4,516 69.5 7.7 36 9 92 39 105.9 72.7 55 242 4.4 2 22

2012 Romo led the Cowboys to an 8-8 season
CMP ATT Yards Comp% AVG TD INT Long Sack RTG QBR Carries Yds Avg TD Long
425 648 4,903 65.6 7.6 28 19 85 36 90.5 64.6 30 49 1.6 1 15

Romo continues to be revered like he won a divisional playoff game or something, while Dak is reviled by the Fuhrer and half of the fan base. Go figure?
part of the problem these days is thaat we havent just been waiting 8 years to even get to the nfc game, we have been waiting 28, we cant take it anymore.

ArtClink

Reaction score
part of the problem these days is thaat we havent just been waiting 8 years to even get to the nfc game, we have been waiting 28, we cant take it anymore.
I concur. As a longtime fan, the only thing that matters anymore is making it to the NFC championship game. To me, nothing else matters. 28 seasons is an eternity in the salary cap NFL. The only others chumps in the NFC is Washington who have gone even longer than us in trying to reach the conf championship game. And it’s not Romos fault or Daks fault or a head coaches fault, this is all Jerry.

ArtClink

Reaction score
how about ohh good grief Mike McCarthy in 2020 naming all the coaches that were hired in 2020 with him and I could tell you right now he was the best of all of them because look at his record now go show me the records of all the coaches hired what were their names and how did they do literally he was the best choice if you look at the history you cannot do much better than that I mean what do you want us to pull a rabbit out of the hat like you know like teams dial up 1800 quarterback like it's that easy to replace the quarterback that's what you guys think you think you could just pick any coach because what you you pulled it out of left field or in the college or some assistant that no one knew about and you were smarter than everybody else that would have been better than Mike mccard they know right now looking at what's happened he's been to the playoffs three straight years. Literally 36 wins two division titles three straight playoff appearances I know we wanna do better in the playoffs but give me a break Bob just posted he might do something no other coach since Tom Landry is done if he goes to the playoffs again for the fourth straight year..

So he has Super Bowl pedigree but now you're mocking it because it was back in 2010 give me a break... Literally all of y'all you think you know better because you think Jerry does such a bad job and that this guy's a puppet and he's not most walk around head coaches well he was that and now he's the offensive coordinator he literally has his team last year the most efficient offense in the NFL the highest scoring offense in the NFL Prescott had his best two years since his rookie year was with Mike McCarthy so the writing's on the wall I mean the drafts have been great most of them maybe not last year but literally I don't know what you're trying to counter like who are you trying to tell me they should have got in 2020 that would have made a bigger difference or done any better because you can't there's no way to know that...​
I am sick and tired of the incessant whining by the wannabe Internet fake GM's around here that think Jerry is such a bad GM when we all know that the GM duties are actually being handled by will mcclay and Stephen Jones and a group of other people he doesn't do it by himself Jerry doesn't sit there and do much of it all except be a mouthpiece right now he's like the queen of England he has no power he just has prestige and he likes to think he has the final word he is not a puppet master to Mike McCarthy.​
If you want to knock all the other things like he doesn't aggressive in free agency and whatever you don't think he knows what he's doing with some of these contracts you could say whatever you want but you can't even say for sure that any other hire we would have done that year would have been better you have no idea who was available and who he would have hired because everybody that was hired in 2020 lost their jobs within three to four years i think they were all gone before their third year..​
So Kevin Stefanski, Matt rhule .,joe judge, Ron rivera, and mccarthy , who else?OH Urban Meyer didn't remember everyone who wanted him..lmao total train wreck 1 yr and out who else.. Not one of those coaches we're better than what Mike McCarthy's been doing here especially when you guys try to ridicule Jerry Jones for not doing anything right I mean which is it he doesn't give us enough talent but Mike McCarthy somehow winning a lot of games and he might not be winning the big games but neither is a whole lot of other coaches so tell me what your list was and how you think you're smarter than the rest of everyone else in the NFL and especially you think you could do a better job than Jerry which is laughable because he has a lot of help...show me!!!​
McCarthy or any other “head coach” isn’t taking us to the NFC championship game because Jerry emasculates every head coach since Jimmy, and grants them very limited power. After all, the assistant coaches, the players, the scouts all answer to Jerry. No player on the roster is accountable to McCarthy as they all answer to Jerry. The purpose of the Dallas hc is to be a figurehead and later a scapegoat for Jerry’s failings as our beloved GM and Fuhrer.

blueblood70

Reaction score
McCarthy or any other “head coach” isn’t taking us to the NFC championship game because Jerry emasculates every head coach since Jimmy, and grants them very limited power. After all, the assistant coaches, the players, the scouts all answer to Jerry. No player on the roster is accountable to McCarthy as they all answer to Jerry. The purpose of the Dallas hc is to be a figurehead and later a scapegoat for Jerry’s failings as our beloved GM and Fuhrer.
You can keep blathering that narrative all you want most coaches are not getting the NFC championship games most available coaches are not taking you to Super Bowls and most GM's are not assembling Super Bowl teams last I checked after this long Dallas cowboy drought everyone complaining about Dallas Cowboys still third all time in Super Bowl wins and we're one of only three teams since 1989 to have three or more Super Bowls that's how hard they are to win you can keep having this big picture because you like to hate on the ownership you like to hate on the GM and you like to say things that supports the narrative that just keeps rolling around on the Internet you guys are parrots you're like sheep you don't even use any really good data to support your argument i just did..

Brax

Reaction score
The haters refuse to acknowledge that GB ran the ball down their throats and scored on 95% of their drives physically manhandling the defense. And the Cowboys offense is predictable as daylight as they couldn’t run the ball. But put all the blame on 1 person. It’s highly entertaining.
The homers refuse to acknowledge that the QB didn’t show up until 6 minutes left and the score was 47-16 and he stat padded against the second team, they also refuse to accept that the QB was detrimental to the D with poor play and turnovers. Damn that D for Daks miserable performance.

Brax

Reaction score
You can keep blathering that narrative all you want most coaches are not getting the NFC championship games most available coaches are not taking you to Super Bowls and most GM's are not assembling Super Bowl teams last I checked after this long Dallas cowboy drought everyone complaining about Dallas Cowboys still third all time in Super Bowl wins and we're one of only three teams since 1989 to have three or more Super Bowls that's how hard they are to win you can keep having this big picture because you like to hate on the ownership you like to hate on the GM and you like to say things that supports the narrative that just keeps rolling around on the Internet you guys are parrots you're like sheep you don't even use any really good data to support your argument i just did..

28 years and counting, yes men HC, nepotism FO, overpaying good players top money, drafting second round cripples and head cases, extending players who don’t live up to their contract, incoherent gibberish from the face of the franchise, what would any fan have to complain about.

ArtClink

Reaction score

NFL GM’s are given five years to get their team past the divisional round or the owner fires them. It’s been that way for decades, and it speaks directly to being accountable for your own actions. Yes every team can’t go to their conference championship game every year but is it too much to ask to make it once every ten years?

Which fact are you disputing? Our almost three decade absence from the NFC championship game? Or maybe that Jerry hires staff for his next head coach before he actually hires the hc?

Dallas is a unique franchise in that the other teams copy great GMs and great coaches, but here under Jerry’s thumb, we continue to use the same tired owner/GM model that has produced a handful of wild card wins in almost three decades. If you cannot see the dysfunction in Jones Town, then there’s nothing anyone can say.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Your last paragraph in that previous post is a total straw man argument. And borrowing from you, one doesn't have to be a Mensa member to see that.
No, my ‘argument’ is asking for statistical proof of the poster’s claim. My inference was that people have other motivations for preferring Romo over Prescott, as they cannot provide stats to bolster their claims that Romo did anything better than Prescott. There’s no straw man there.