Dak's Stats Last Season vs. Romo's 2012 Season (Both Contract Years)

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Here is a comparison of Dak vs Romo in a contract year. The stats are for the season prior to the contract year. Romo was treated like Jerry's son while Dak has been treated like an unproven rookie. Double standard, plain and simple and Dak's numbers and wins are better than Romo's.

In 2013, Romo signed a a six-year, $108 million contract extension with $55 million in guarantees and a $25 million signing bonus. This contract extension saw Romo make just $1.2 million less than HOF, 2-time Super Bowl Champ Peyton Manning.

Meanwhile in 2023, Dak outplayed Romo in most of the important stats except total yards as shown below. Romo was never questioned or ever in a "prove it" season like Dak is facing this season as Romo was Jerry's adopted son and treated as such. In 2023 Dak played one more game than Romo's 2012 season but only had 9 interceptions to Romo's 19. Ouch!!

2023 Dak's led the Cowboys to an 12-5 season and was 2nd in NFC MVP Voting
CMP ATT Yards Comp% AVG TD INT Long Sack RTG QBR Carries Yds Avg TD Long
410 590 4,516 69.5 7.7 36 9 92 39 105.9 72.7 55 242 4.4 2 22

2012 Romo led the Cowboys to an 8-8 season
CMP ATT Yards Comp% AVG TD INT Long Sack RTG QBR Carries Yds Avg TD Long
425 648 4,903 65.6 7.6 28 19 85 36 90.5 64.6 30 49 1.6 1 15

Romo continues to be revered like he won a divisional playoff game or something, while Dak is reviled by the Fuhrer and half of the fan base. Go figure?
It’s pretty simple really. Romo was the better quarterback and he had a Divisional game stolen. See how easy that was?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Look at % of cap with Romo;s contracts and then look @ % of cap with Daks contracts, it is probably double what Romo got.
This years cap has nothing to do with his contract. Look at the last 3 years % of his cap.

GM Jethro can kick the can down the road. That his fault not Dak's.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
It's crystal clear as to why the difference in attitude.

Romo = Do more with less.
Dak = Needs everything perfect around him.

Come on fellas. Even Jerry can see that.
Please tell us what Romo did with 'less'. The one thing he didn't do (and it's the only thing that matters) is win more games.

And speaking of wins, Prescott has (3) 12 win seasons in a row and (4) overall. Romo had (2) 12+ win seasons during his entire career.

You're right, though. There's a crystal clear difference 'as to why the difference in attitude', and one doesn't have to be a member of Mensa to see it.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Please tell us what Romo did with 'less'. The one thing he didn't do (and it's the only thing that matters) is win more games.

And speaking of wins, Prescott has (3) 12 win seasons in a row and (4) overall. Romo had (2) 12+ win seasons during his entire career.

You're right, though. There's a crystal clear difference 'as to why the difference in attitude', and one doesn't have to be a member of Mensa to see it.
Straw, meet man.

ArtClink

Reaction score
It’s pretty simple really. Romo was the better quarterback and he had a Divisional game stolen. See how easy that was?
I hate to disappoint you but there was approximately 4:58 on the clock when the refs cheated us out of the Dez TD. Not 10s, but almost 5 minutes. How did our defense respond? They absolutely couldn’t stop the Packers run game or a hobbled, one legged Aaron Rogers. Based on how our defense responded to the blown call, we were not gonna win that game even w the Dez score.

I think Romo in his prime had the edge over Dak in arm strength and accuracy but Dak in his prime does not turn the ball over like Romo did plus Dak has been very durable while Romo was made of glass his final 3-4 years.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hate to disappoint you but there was approximately 4:58 on the clock when the refs cheated us out of the Dez TD. Not 10s, but almost 5 minutes. How did our defense respond? They absolutely couldn’t stop the Packers run game or a hobbled, one legged Aaron Rogers. Based on how our defense responded to the blown call, we were not gonna win that game even w the Dez score.

I think Romo in his prime had the edge over Dak in arm strength and accuracy but Dak in his prime does not turn the ball over like Romo did plus Dak has been very durable while Romo was made of glass his final 3-4 years.
Anytime a poster brings up a Romo vs. Dak post is because they are not really sure about Dak so they dog Romo.

You tried, but failed, Romo is gone and Dak will be gone soon.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Don't forget, Dak fails against good teams in the regular season just as much as he does in the playoffs. Dak is not that guy who can step up his game, carry the load, and rally his team when the competition is better.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Coaching matters ! Jerry tried to make a HC, then hires MM as a puppet, then blames others for not winning in playoffs.
wrong .. he hired a SB winner NEXT!! you are the puppet or should i say SHEEP ,parrot the narritives..next

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
wrong .. he hired a SB winner NEXT!! you are the puppet or should i say SHEEP ,parrot the narritives..next
Wow! A one sentence post! Who would have thunk it.

You must have typed this instead of speech text because you did not spell a word right. lol

ArtClink

Reaction score
Anytime a poster brings up a Romo vs. Dak post is because they are not really sure about Dak so they dog Romo.

I'm not sure what your point is then.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

I think they are justifying their support of dak even though he has been a post season failure.
They point out Romo was too therefore it is ok dak is a failure. lol

Dak has had better teams, to play on and MM is better than JG. or maybe not, MM has not won a div game either.

I enjoyed watching romo play, even in the 8-8 years, I dont enjoy dak, not sure why, he is just boring.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
oh good grief lol
Maybe he should hire joe gibbs, or some other SB winning coaches.
MM won way back in 2010, and then wasted rest of rodgers career just getting to playoffs every year, then losing, just like he does now.
He rode rodgers coat tails for many years.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Coaching matters when your head coach is 100% given all the control and authority normally attributed to NFL head coaches. Sadly, this has not been the case here is Dallas for over 30 years. Jerry constantly undermines the hc like getting players the hc is not interested in, hiring a new head coach's staff for him before they are even hired, and on occasion putting a gag order on the hc (Wade). Jerry does more to emasculate the hc than any other owner in the NFL. That's why the head coach doesn't matter much because all the players, scouts, and assistant coaches all answer to Jerry, not McCarthy.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Coaching matters when your head coach is 100% given all the control and authority normally attributed to NFL head coaches. Sadly, this has not been the case here is Dallas for over 30 years. Jerry constantly undermines the hc like getting players the hc is not interested in, hiring a new head coach's staff for him before they are even hired, and on occasion putting a gag order on the hc (Wade). Jerry does more to emasculate the hc than any other owner in the NFL. That's why the head coach doesn't matter much because all the players, scouts, and assistant coaches all answer to Jerry, not McCarthy.
Spot on! And that is why the Cowboys have been in a ditch for so long.

A narcissist is never wrong and Jerry Jones is one of the biggest. Jocks and socks.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Spot on! And that is why the Cowboys have been in a ditch for so long.

A narcissist is never wrong and Jerry Jones is one of the biggest. Jocks and socks.
Agreed, Jerry is quite the narcissist!