Twitter: Dak's stats vs Top 5 Scoring defenses

HungryLion

Reaction score
He didnt say this

The idea that Dak is an elite tight window thrower as stats may suggest is not based in reality either.

There is a reason he doesnt throw as many TDs as his counterparts and chooses to run it in...

I’m willing to see your evidence to prove it. Other than some people’s “eye tests”

The biggest issue I had with his post was where he said “The reason these stats dont tell the truth is when these players are catching the ball it's usually behind them and its making it a much.more difficult catch and the defender has closed the gap making it look like n it's a tight window.”.

However, he provided nothing to actually prove his assertion, that those are the reasons Dak’s tight Window throwing stats are the way they are.

He is throwing out a theory with zero evidence to prove that theory. That’s why I am saying he isn’t getting his numbers from anywhere. Because he isn’t. If he wants to actually provide some proof to support his theory. I’m willing to look at it. Until then it’s just that, a theory based on nothing but his “eye test”

It also doesn’t make sense, considering the fact that other QB’s would also be affected by their off and late throws, if that really were the reason the numbers are that way.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Don’t lump me into the rest. He’s had a much better season this year so far. And he obviously has many assets and weaknesses.

But there is always room for criticism. I’ve called out those on both extremes from haters to sloberrers who are as overly sensitive as the haters are ridiculous.

I’m just calling out a stat that it’s intent is to present a more favorable narrative . And I stand by it.
All stats are though. All of them.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He didnt say this

The idea that Dak is an elite tight window thrower as stats may suggest is not based in reality either.

There is a reason he doesnt throw as many TDs as his counterparts and chooses to run it in...

I should add Willie. That I don’t think Dak is the best at tight winfow throws. That’s where stats can be a bit misleading.

what I do think is that you can’t look at the numbers and watch his play and come away with the conclusion that he’s not at least good at it. Or that it’s a weakness of his. I just don’t see that.

Daks biggest issue this season is the picks. Honestly. He has to clean that up. He cleans up the picks and we would be in real good shape.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He didnt say this

You think touchdowns stem from tight window throws?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
that’s funny because plenty of people around here disregard basic facts like passer rating since he has been in the league, etc.

But let’s pretend like the only ones being dishonest are the ones presenting the numbers.
Everyone is guilty of using basic facts and compiled data to support their argument or to spin a narrative.

The basic facts often get lost in the interpretation or beliefs coming in. If you believe in something you look for facts and data to support and if you don’t look for facts and data to dispute or support to the contrary. It applies to much more in this world than just sports fans.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yeah when you say stuff like “usually” behind them and insinuate it’s only because the throw is late, let’s make it clear that’s just a bunch of stuff you’re making up and has no basis in reality.
You can believe what you want. The word usually was used because if I used the word always then I would be making things up.

Swagger

Reaction score
How many teams spend the best part of a third of their salary cap on the offensive line?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
1*3_yKpjUvb3wLKjzG0ARGJw.gif
Gif game still strong.

Techsass

Reaction score
He didnt say this

That might also be because he is pretty good at running with the ball. He sees opportunities that other QBs don't have.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak prescott in two games against the Giants this year has 7 tds and 1 int. Against everyone else 8 tds and 7 int.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

I can definitely dig on the good magic this threads "vibing" in victory resonance with,,, as last weekend my Little Brother was zingin'off texts to me about this Viking's game & somewhere along the corresponding back,/ forth, chit-chat, he got his casing-liner bent outta' shape& clearly was suffering the full on effects of being in a panty wadded snit,,, Shirley it wasn't anything contained within my texted replies could've triggered him,,,huh?

:lmao:LMAO:lmao:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stats are just compiled data. It’s how they are used to spin a narrative or support an opinion which turns them into fake news.
Right. That’s what stats are. So why is it those same stats are used to show how bad someone is? Then it’s no longer fake news.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Here is my two cents. I was a Dak critic at the mid season point of last year. I didn’t hate him but I wasn’t sold on him either. But now he is my QB and here is why.

He has shown great improvement and consistency since that time in all the areas I thought he struggled in. Sometimes he plays like a top 5 QB and always definitely like a top 10. But he never plays like a bottom feeder. QB’s are very very very hard to find and even if you are lucky enough to get the number one pick, there is more of a miss factor in drafting a QB. Look back at 2017 and if you wouldn’t take Dak over the top two picks you’re just not realistic with yourself. So I take what he gives us which is some pretty good QB play and hope that every player around him also do their part and we can be a SB quality team. And I truly believe that we have a team that can win it all. We are not perfect but there is no team out there without a weakness.

Our biggest weakness is that we always come out flat and slow against good teams and also teams we should completely blow away from the start. We have always done this going back to our very good team that should have won it all in 2007. Coaching is our biggest weakness, not Dak!

Last edited: