Daks take on offseason inactivity

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Wasn't it Jaylon Smith who said "as long as the owner is fine, we're cool"?

This team has embodied this ever since Jimmy Johnson left on March 29, 1994.

starfan1

Reaction score
Your point was irrelevant to my statement and there are a dozen other threads where that’s been/being hashed out. I didn’t even attack the guy and it triggers his fans.

My point was certainly relevant you made the point he can’t get out of his way come playoff time which is true . I said he doesn’t fail on his own which is completely true as well

Don’t like the truth sorry . I don’t mind the constant critics of Dak he’s earned some of it but this board is over the top singling him out and omitting the rest of the team who also failed miserably.

You don’t like my statements which is true then take your advice and ignore me since the truth triggers YOU

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
It’s a Fan forum… Yes, they can do as they please, but you have a choice to ignore them or block them and you won’t see it. But since people are discussing Dak negatively it triggered you to tell others how they should fandom.
Partly true, and good points.
I find myself defending his position (and was more of a Romo fan), simply because as a good not great QB, the ownership has as big if not huge part of this debacle and everyone seems to be on the QB.
Fans can fan how they want, positive or negative towards the QB.
But alternatives are slim and far
between. So constantly burying him aren't gonna change squat.
In my mind, the Joneses deserve more of the fans ire then the QB.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Partly true, and good points.
I find myself defending his position (and was more of a Romo fan), simply because as a good not great QB, the ownership has as big if not huge part of this debacle and everyone seems to be on the QB.
Fans can fan how they want, positive or negative towards the QB.
But alternatives are slim and far
between. So constantly burying him aren't gonna change squat.
In my mind, the Joneses deserve more of the fans ire then the QB.

We can’t change ownership. Those bumbling idiots we are stuck with. I was talking with another member about Charlotte probably being the smartest of the bunch, and would probably be a better owner once the old one can no longer do it. So we get to rail against the QB, OC, HC etc… Dak shares a brunt of the crap so he gets talked about.
I’m sick of talking about Romo dude hasn’t been here in 9 years, and he’s still brought up like he’s in competition for the starting role.
Dak is QB1 this criticism and scrutiny and the expectations of a failed franchise for the last 29 years comes with the territory, he’s the active QB and so far like his predecessor he’s failed to deliver and unlike his predecessor he’s looked horrible against better competition. I’m ready for a change, but I’m also waiting to see if he’s gonna rise to the occasion with a roster that’s less than ideal. I hope he does it, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

School

Reaction score
Many were ready to move on from Romo around 2012-13.

He was signed to the biggest contract in franchise history after 2012 despite the team missing the playoffs for 3 straight seasons, and then the team missed them again 2013.

The 2014 (regular) season was fantastic, and I think that helped erase some of those down years from people's memories when thinking back on him.

Romo and Prescott are similar in a lot of ways. Their postseason passer ratings are virtually identical, and their records and stats vs. teams that qualified for the playoffs are also strikingly similar.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak is the same as Romo but with a worse playoff record. Yet you make every excuse for Dak. We all see it.
Baloney.

I have the guts and decency to call out Dak when he's wrong. Something y'all never did to Romo.......and still don't.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You forgot about the biggest handicap Romo had: Jason Garrett.

If Parcells would have stayed, things would have looked differently. Heck, if we hired McCarthy when we had Romo, I bet things could have looked different. Instead, Romo had to carry Jason freaking Garrett his entire career.
That's true. Can't deny that fact.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak and Romo have similar records in the playoffs but that is where the similarities end. Dak is a mental midget compared to Romo in his ability to process the game.
Good thing stats and videos prove Dak has a better winning %. Those pesky lies always try to creep up somehow.