Daks take on offseason inactivity

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
You and those liking your comment can dream up whatever you wish, but the stats comparison between Dak and Romo say differently...

https://stathead.com/football/vs/dak-prescott-vs-tony-romo

Romo played for more years than Dak, yet Dak has almost tied him in sacks and actually has a higher sack rate percentage. Even then, Dak has better % passing numbers and is about to break all of Romo's franchise passing records. Dak already has passed Romo in many stats and is about to become the franchise leader in all QB stats while under more pressure.
Romo was better moving around in the pocket and avoiding sacks. As a matter of fact, he was the best I've ever seen in the pocket in my 30ish years of watching football. His mobility consistently avoided sacks and extended drives. Dak doesn't have that trait. Go back and watch actual game film...or better yet, look at the roster and consider who was blocking for both.

Dak has had Martin and Smith anchoring the line throughout the entirety of his career. His worst full time starter was Connor Williams, and he did well for Miami after he left. Romo was working with guys like Phil Costa, Cory Proctor, Kyle Kosier, old Leonard Davis, Old Floziel Adams, Doug Free at LT, Montrae Holland, Nate Livings, Ryan Cook, Mac Bernardrau, etc etc....not to mention, Dak had an elite blocking back in Zeke every year except for last season.

That line started to come together when the trio of Martin, Smith, and Frederick were in place....the end of Tony's career after his body was cooked. That's what Dak had to work with. Frederick got sick and they brought in Biadasz, who was solid. I'm not saying Dak isn't as good as Tony was, but Tony had something that Dak doesn't that could compensate for lack of talent in the trenches. How do you think it's going to work out when Dak has the same talent along the lines that Tony had?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo was better moving around in the pocket and avoiding sacks. As a matter of fact, he was the best I've ever seen in the pocket in my 30ish years of watching football. His mobility consistently avoided sacks and extended drives. Dak doesn't have that trait. Go back and watch actual game film...or better yet, look at the roster and consider who was blocking for both.

Dak has had Martin and Smith anchoring the line throughout the entirety of his career. His worst full time starter was Connor Williams, and he did well for Miami after he left. Romo was working with guys like Phil Costa, Cory Proctor, Kyle Kosier, old Leonard Davis, Old Floziel Adams, Doug Free at LT, Montrae Holland, Nate Livings, Ryan Cook, Mac Bernardrau, etc etc....not to mention, Dak had an elite blocking back in Zeke every year except for last season.

That line started to come together when the trio of Martin, Smith, and Frederick were in place....the end of Tony's career after his body was cooked. That's what Dak had to work with. Frederick got sick and they brought in Biadasz, who was solid. I'm not saying Dak isn't as good as Tony was, but Tony had something that Dak doesn't that could compensate for lack of talent in the trenches. How do you think it's going to work out when Dak has the same talent along the lines that Tony had?
Neither of them won, Romo is gone and Dak still has a chance. Who you rooting for?

starfan1

Reaction score
Where did I say he failed on his own? It’s cute how you guys all want to protect him.
Just because I quoted you don’t mean I said you said it.
Lighten up Francis . Was merely making a point

Do you disagree ?

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Nah, Romo was too busy going to LA, Vegas and open arena concerts each week during the season, plus going to Cabo during the playoffs. What a Hollywood wannabe choker.
That's called living life and doing things you enjoy. If Romo's putting in the work, does he not deserve to enjoy leisure activities?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony Romo was a gunslinger. His tendency was to throw the ball when the receiver was open or not open. His release was quick. His sacks came when: a) no receivers were not open the minority of the time, which led him to sometimes throw untimely interceptions to avoid taking a sack; or b) his offensive line protection quickly broke down within the span of his usual quick release, which contributed to most of his sacks.

Dak Prescott is a conservative quarterback. It is his positional 'strength' that some observers immediately latched onto during the 2016 season. His tendency is not throwing the ball until the receiver is open. His interception ratio has spiked at times but he is still considered by some observers (including certain ex-quarterbacks and ex-coaches) as a quarterback 'who does not throw interceptions'. The timing of his release has almost always been predicated upon his caution with the ball. Most of his sacks have occurred because he chose to eat the ball instead of possibly throwing a pick.

Player A had fewer sacks with less consistent offensive line protection over a longer span than Player B had with more consistent offensive line protection over a shorter span. Not a good side-by-side assessment to make.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What else can he say? It's not his decision but he probably wants them to go out and sign impact players so maybe they can win a playoff game.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

No argument. No one could shake and dodge like Romo. It doesn't diminish Dak's constant QB pressures though. I've seen two websites show Dak as being a better QB under pressure than Romo, but looking at them they pretty much just show their career passer stats. Doesn't really explain how they both came to that conclusion, so I won't use them.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No argument. No one could shake and dodge like Romo. It doesn't diminish Dak's constant QB pressures though. I've seen two websites show Dak as being a better QB under pressure than Romo, but looking at them they pretty much just show their career passer stats. Doesn't really explain how they both came to that conclusion, so I won't use them.
Let me guess...

Those two sites were "Dak Attacks" Youtube channel and "Dak Attacks" backup Youtube channel?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Bull.

Romo had a franchise record 13 Pro Bowlers around him during his young and prime years (2007). This absolutely destroys your false assumption.
You forgot about the biggest handicap Romo had: Jason Garrett.

If Parcells would have stayed, things would have looked differently. Heck, if we hired McCarthy when we had Romo, I bet things could have looked different. Instead, Romo had to carry Jason freaking Garrett his entire career.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Abraham Lincoln once posted on the internet, Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”.
Abe we need to change OC, DC and dak will have success, you're old and don't know crap.

Verdict

Reaction score
still better than a low self-esteem stalker prowling strip clubs parking lot.

I hope he gets paid so he can do more payouts in strip club parking lots.

giphy.gif
lol. I guess I missed this one or have forgotten about it. Who are we referring to here.