Daks take on offseason inactivity

Verdict

Reaction score
I worry that if Dak is retained that he will suffer a similar fate. Romo was a magician in the pocket and despite the beating he took, he was able to make the offense work despite its obvious deficiencies. Dak has improved in the pocket, but his loss of mobility could be a major problem if LT and/or the interior aren't addressed adequately, which as of now, they have not been. Tough spot to be in.
Dak and Romo have similar records in the playoffs but that is where the similarities end. Dak is a mental midget compared to Romo in his ability to process the game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Abraham Lincoln once posted on the internet, Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”.
Abe we need to change OC, DC and dak will have success, you're old and don't know crap.
None of you haters who have given up and do NOTHING but come here and whine about Dak have ever answered the question, “Why are you here if there’s no hope?” You can’t answer because the answer is obvious. You’re just trying to get a rise out of people. You need the attention because this place is the only place you get it.

RonWashington

Reaction score
By the way who did Dallas let go from the roster that’s a season breaker . None of the ex Cowboys are worth over paying . Churn the roster right Jimmy .

:starspin:

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Neither of them won, Romo is gone and Dak still has a chance. Who you rooting for?
The Cowboys, always. If Dak can be the guy, it's about time he showed it. Otherwise they'll have a tough time fielding a team good enough to advance further than what we've seen.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak and Romo have similar records in the playoffs but that is where the similarities end. Dak is a mental midget compared to Romo in his ability to process the game.
Agreed, but that got Romo in trouble at times. He had Supreme confidence in his abilities and had that Brett Favre gunslinger mentality. He tried to thread the needle at times and didn't have the velocity to make it work. Dak is better at limiting turnovers, but only because he's more conservative with his pass selections. Most likely because he doesn't have that ability to process everything in front of him as quickly as some of his peers. Not his fault, but it is a limitation he needs to acknowledge.

Verdict

Reaction score
Agreed, but that got Romo in trouble at times. He had Supreme confidence in his abilities and had that Brett Favre gunslinger mentality. He tried to thread the needle at times and didn't have the velocity to make it work. Dak is better at limiting turnovers, but only because he's more conservative with his pass selections. Most likely because he doesn't have that ability to process everything in front of him as quickly as some of his peers. Not his fault, but it is a limitation he needs to acknowledge.
This is correct.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Just because I quoted you don’t mean I said you said it.
Lighten up Francis . Was merely making a point

Do you disagree ?
Your point was irrelevant to my statement and there are a dozen other threads where that’s been/being hashed out. I didn’t even attack the guy and it triggers his fans.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Romo was better moving around in the pocket and avoiding sacks. As a matter of fact, he was the best I've ever seen in the pocket in my 30ish years of watching football. His mobility consistently avoided sacks and extended drives. Dak doesn't have that trait. Go back and watch actual game film...or better yet, look at the roster and consider who was blocking for both.

Dak has had Martin and Smith anchoring the line throughout the entirety of his career. His worst full time starter was Connor Williams, and he did well for Miami after he left. Romo was working with guys like Phil Costa, Cory Proctor, Kyle Kosier, old Leonard Davis, Old Floziel Adams, Doug Free at LT, Montrae Holland, Nate Livings, Ryan Cook, Mac Bernardrau, etc etc....not to mention, Dak had an elite blocking back in Zeke every year except for last season.

That line started to come together when the trio of Martin, Smith, and Frederick were in place....the end of Tony's career after his body was cooked. That's what Dak had to work with. Frederick got sick and they brought in Biadasz, who was solid. I'm not saying Dak isn't as good as Tony was, but Tony had something that Dak doesn't that could compensate for lack of talent in the trenches. How do you think it's going to work out when Dak has the same talent along the lines that Tony had?

This is a great breakdown and if Dak is as talented as his fans claim we will see him shine. Let’s see what he’s got, for the betterment of the franchise I hope he makes us all eat crow. I’m good with that.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Tony Romo was a gunslinger. His tendency was to throw the ball when the receiver was open or not open. His release was quick. His sacks came when: a) no receivers were not open the minority of the time, which led him to sometimes throw untimely interceptions to avoid taking a sack; or b) his offensive line protection quickly broke down within the span of his usual quick release, which contributed to most of his sacks.

Dak Prescott is a conservative quarterback. It is his positional 'strength' that some observers immediately latched onto during the 2016 season. His tendency is not throwing the ball until the receiver is open. His interception ratio has spiked at times but he is still considered by some observers (including certain ex-quarterbacks and ex-coaches) as a quarterback 'who does not throw interceptions'. The timing of his release has almost always been predicated upon his caution with the ball. Most of his sacks have occurred because he chose to eat the ball instead of possibly throwing a pick.

Player A had fewer sacks with less consistent offensive line protection over a longer span than Player B had with more consistent offensive line protection over a shorter span. Not a good side-by-side assessment to make.

This is a pretty good take of how they differ and how that has impacted their ints with the play of their lines. Some really good breakdowns I’ve read today. Thats some good CZ shhiii.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
None of you haters who have given up and do NOTHING but come here and whine about Dak have ever answered the question, “Why are you here if there’s no hope?” You can’t answer because the answer is obvious. You’re just trying to get a rise out of people. You need the attention because this place is the only place you get it.
Man, I'm sick and tired of coming on here and every thread is the same old crap.
Wanna be GMs and QB guru's - who don't know ****, just constantly bagging on Dak and coaches/players.
We get it, you don't like the QB.
But for the love of God- shut the hell up ! Every single topic is not your platform to regurgitate the same old **** over and over again !

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Man, I'm sick and tired of coming on here and every thread is the same old crap.
Wanna be GMs and QB guru's - who don't know ****, just constantly bagging on Dak and coaches/players.
But for the love of God- shut the hell up ! Every single topic is not your platform to regurgitate the same old **** over and over again !
It’s a Fan forum… Yes, they can do as they please, but you have a choice to ignore them or block them and you won’t see it. But since people are discussing Dak negatively it triggered you to tell others how they should fandom.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm here supporting my team. I'm a team fan, not a player fan. sorry.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Why do all the Dak fans feel entitled to tell other fans how to fandom on a message board? It’s weird. I see it all the time, forgetting the use of the word “hater”, but they’re always telling everyone to go root for another team, or they’re sick of someone sharing their opinions about ownership, HC, QB. Or insult people about their football knowledge. What? We should just shut up because you all think you’re the real fans with football knowledge. They will quickly hate on any player who is a threat, or place complete blame elsewhere to absolve Dak from any of the issues, heck they even go after players who haven’t been on the team dating back to Troy. Why should we have to fandom your way?

I guess I’m choosing violence today. 4/20

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, this is a Dak thread.