Dak's Total QBR: 7th-best in NFL this week

GINeric

Reaction score
QBs as a whole were not that great the first week so that stat is not worth much.

So why did Dak have a better QBR in rain than alot of other quarterbacks had in dry weather conditions?

I'll wait....

GINeric

Reaction score
Let's not gloat. Defense won this game reference Cooper Rush Ws. Good job by Dak protecting the ball and no "wth" passes. Expecting a solid performance vs the Jets.
Welp... last time I checked, the defense had the same uniform as the offense, so I guess that's why they call it a team.

The defense did an outstanding job, but they didn't catch or throw any passes or run the pill for 1st downs and touchdowns, the offense did.

With that said, this was a great team win and I'm happy when everyone in a Dallas Cowboys uniform contributes to a win, whether they played in the game for 3 minutes or all 4 quarters. We won.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Awwwww, did Dak's lowly haters think they had ammo this week????
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Four drops, most in the NFL.

Excellent on 3rd down. Converted on 4th down. RZ offense punching it in.

Dak was very solid and most importantly, didn't turn the ball over once in pouring rain.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

1. Purdy
2. Stafford
3. Tua
4. Jimmy G
5. Russ
6. Love
7. Dak
8. Mahomes
9. Watson
10. Lawrence

Dead last: Daniel Jones

Dak had a look on his face during the rain...I think he is getting serious about this team, and he helped win that rainy game.

Lutonio

Reaction score
I was kind of shocked that people thought the offense didn’t play well.

Was it perfect? No.

But it was a divisional game, on the road, in heavy rain. The offense scored 27 points.

If before the game somebody told me “the cowboys are going to win 27-24” I would have said “sweet. Getting that week 1 W on the road.”

It’s just odd.
It was what the circumstances called for. When the other two phases of the team are playing so well, you dial it back and play smart football. Otherwise you become Josh Allen with four turnovers, giving the other team a spark of hope to climb back in it.

GINeric

Reaction score
Don't let the dak haters see this it doesn't fit their narrative

I love to see the anger of those low football IQ cowards. They won't be happy until we lose.

Have you ever seen people who claim to be "Cowboys fans" appear to be so down after Cowboys victories like those "few" around here???

Not one statement of happiness in any of their post after a record *** kicking of the Giants. You know who those low football IQ cowards are. Their posts give them away.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I love to see the anger of those low football IQ cowards. They won't be happy until we lose.

Have you ever seen people who claim to be "Cowboys fans" appear to be so down after Cowboys victories like those "few" around here???

Not one statement of happiness in any of their post after a record *** kicking of the Giants. You know who those low football IQ cowards are. Their posts give them away.
I don't believe they are real fans. They are just here to troll.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Welp... last time I checked, the defense had the same uniform as the offense, so I guess that's why they call it a team.

The defense did an outstanding job, but they didn't catch or throw any passes or run the pill for 1st downs and touchdowns, the offense did.

With that said, this was a great team win and I'm happy when everyone in a Dallas Cowboys uniform contributes to a win, whether they played in the game for 3 minutes or all 4 quarters. We won.
The defense took the ball and scored themselves they didn't have to the things offenses do.
Dallas Defense 7
NYG Giants 0

Nav22

Reaction score
Addressing this here since I'm apparently locked out of replying in the "offense was fantastic" thread.

@MountaineerCowboy , you asked...

"Is 265 yards going to be enough most week or not?"

We had 265 total yards but 259 of those came in Dak's 7 drives. The last 2 drives led by Cooper Rush don't really count since we were just killing clock.

Teams generally get 10 possessions per game. Our Dak-led offense only got 7.

259 yards in 7 drives comes out to exactly 37 yards per drive, or a pace of 370 yards per 10 drives.

Is 370 yards in the pouring rain supposed to be bad?

We scored 3 TDs and as you pointed out, we also had some short fields thanks to the D/ST. So some of those TD drives could've been longer as well.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Addressing this here since I'm apparently locked out of replying in the "offense was fantastic" thread.

@MountaineerCowboy , you asked...

"Is 265 yards going to be enough most week or not?"

We had 265 total yards but 259 of those came in Dak's 7 drives. The last 2 drives led by Cooper Rush don't really count since we were just killing clock.

Teams generally get 10 possessions per game. Our Dak-led offense only got 7.

259 yards in 7 drives comes out to exactly 37 yards per drive, or a pace of 370 yards per 10 drives.

Is 370 yards in the pouring rain supposed to be bad?

We scored 3 TDs and as you pointed out, we also had some short fields thanks to the D/ST. So some of those TD drives could've been longer as well.
Fair enough.

I just think the score is deceptive.

I believe we need to see better from the offense because it’s unrealistic to expect the defense to be that level of dominant.

The offense is still kind of an unknown. We’ll know more this Sunday.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Fair enough.

I believe we need to see better from the offense because it’s unrealistic to expect the defense to be that level of dominant.

And then it will be we need to wait until SF and then it will be we need to wait until a game that fits my narrative.

Nav22

Reaction score
Fair enough.

The 40-0 score? A total anomaly and something we likely won't see again from the Cowboys this season.

But if we're JUST dissecting the offense's performance on Sunday night, they objectively played really well.

We took a 16-0 lead thanks largely to the defense and special teams, but it was still very early in the game.

Had our offense struggled at all (besides the drops) or turned the ball over, the Giants could've gotten some momentum and gotten back into the game.

Offense did its job in putting the nail in the coffin, while the defense continued to be tremendous.

But to your point, the entire game was an anomaly because of how dominant the defense/special teams were as well. So who knows how things may go in more of a "normal game," which we may see this Sunday.

There, now you and @CowboyFrog can find common ground on that and shake hands.

I'm officially a peacemaker now.
:thumbup:

HungryLion

Reaction score
It was what the circumstances called for. When the other two phases of the team are playing so well, you dial it back and play smart football. Otherwise you become Josh Allen with four turnovers, giving the other team a spark of hope to climb back in it.
Exactly. It would have been foolish for the offense to try and air it out and throw downfield passes.

plymkr

Reaction score
I was kind of shocked that people thought the offense didn’t play well.

Was it perfect? No.

But it was a divisional game, on the road, in heavy rain. The offense scored 27 points.

If before the game somebody told me “the cowboys are going to win 27-24” I would have said “sweet. Getting that week 1 W on the road.”

It’s just odd.
I’m shocked people are thinking the offense didn’t well too. After a 40 point butt kicking I guess some people need to complain about something. Me personally I’m excited we won the season opener, against a divisional opponent and on the road. We struggle with openers and getting a divisional road win in always big, and the complete owning of them made it extra sweeter.

Nothing to complain about here, just a fun game to watch and hope for the future that this may be THE season for us. Cuz we looked really dominant. But hey to each his own, if they want to complain then so be it. I enjoy kicking the snot out of our rivals but that’s just me.

GINeric

Reaction score
The defense took the ball and scored themselves they didn't have to the things offenses do.
Dallas Defense 7
NYG Giants 0

Glad you informed me of that because I didn't know that Pollard was a defensive player when he kept running touchdowns into the end zone.

My apologies, but what position on defense does Prescott, Pollard, Lamb, both Smiths, and Cook play again?