Video: Dale Hansen rips Cowboys for signing Hardy

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have no problem with what he said. He's right. But as a fan....I simply don't care. He can sit on his soap box and criticize those that don't care and I won't apologize for not caring. I will cheer for Brent, Randle or Hardy or whoever. Cheering for Hardy doesn't mean you condone domestic violence.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just a guess...I bet Hansen has driven while drunk > 100 times in his life

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Makes me even more happy to have Hardy knowing it pisses off people like him. He wanted attention, he got it.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
So not guilty verdict then idc. I lived a dv situation between my mom and dad. My 160 lb dad choked my 130lb mom unconscious after slamming her down onto the hard floor. The bruising was evident and significant on my mother, i mean it was horrible, so Hardy,being a 300 lb monster would have done some damage. I am throwing the bs flag on this one guys

Kaiser

Reaction score
Not as bad as the jerks at CZ that rant at the real/imagined moral failings of other teams, yet would sign this player....what these fans won't fess up to is the ends justifies the means.

Actually the "jerks at CZ" discussed Hardy's situation in great detail way before free agency started. I saw very few people post that they wanted Hardy if the allegations were true. Hardy was cleared of those allegations but don't let facts get in your way. In your case "the ends justifies the means" is the tantrum you want to throw without knowing the actual facts of Hardy's incident.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Guys like that....that are barking the loudest.... usually are the first to have skeletons in their closet.

Wouldn't shock me @ all to come to find out he runs a dog kennel....packs heat....and has tunnels to Mexico from underneath his house.

Kaiser

Reaction score
So not guilty verdict then idc. I lived a dv situation between my mom and dad. My 160 lb dad choked my 130lb mom unconscious after slamming her down onto the hard floor. The bruising was evident and significant on my mother, i mean it was horrible, so Hardy,being a 300 lb monster would have done some damage. I am throwing the bs flag on this one guys

The more you read about the case, the more you will believe Hardy is completely innocent. His "crime" was to stop financially supporting a crazy cocktail waitress.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
Hey guys,

You can quote the entire Library of Congress at me if you please, but it will never ever defend the fact some of you don't give a damn about the character of anyone signed for the Cowboys, but would scream and pontificate if it was with another team - like Michael Vick at the Eagles.

So get upset and attempt to defend the indefensible, oblivious to how silly you are.

Some of you are reduced to attacking me, because ONE MORE TIME - your position hasn't a leg to stand on.

Your crying and ranting just confirms it.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey guys,

You can quote the entire Library of Congress at me if you please, but it will never ever defend the fact some of you don't give a damn about the character of anyone signed for the Cowboys, but would scream and pontificate if it was with another team - like Michael Vick at the Eagles.

So get upset and attempt to defend the indefensible, oblivious to how silly you are.
Forum redirect: http://www.patriots.com/

erod

Reaction score
A lot of issues here.

First, Hansen made some viable points for consideration, but then he took it way over the line. He criticizes Jason Garrett's father, when in fact, Hansen has admitted to having zero relationship with his own son and basically being a bad, absent father while his kid's were young. That is the definition of hypocritical and fraudulent, just like he accused Garrett of being. And Mr. Garrett by all accounts was a terrific dad.

And I don't recall any criticism from Hansen when Jason Kidd was signed here and won a title. Kidd beat his wife up at least once and pled guilty. There are plenty of other examples.

Just like he did with Michael Sam, Hansen is grandstanding for attention, which he's getting, and trying to be relevant, which he's not anymore. He's been fired countless times, including by Jerry as the color analyst. We don't talk about him anymore unless he goes on one of these rants for Ellen DeGeneres.

He tries to hide behind the "integrity" flag, when he's proven to be a poor example of it. He's a known drinker with a mass of troubled relationships in his past if you care to do a little research. He's a train wreck.

If anything, Hansen has done the Cowboys and Hardy a great favor by making himself the irresponsible bad guy for today.

I don't feel all that comfortable with Hardy either, especially with Josh Brent on this squad, Adrian Peterson in all the rumors, and the history of characters that have been through here fairly recently. I like a team of good guys.

But there's a level of reason to dissent, and Hansen showed himself to be anything but objectively reasonable here.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Im not defending his character, if he did it then light him up. That being said i dont think he did it from my experience with that kind of stuff. You can say well the courts said this, but wasnt there a lber that sat in jail for 2 years for rape only for the accuser to say later he didnt do it? Two years of his life and a real shot in the nfl gone because the law made a mistake. She had no bruising isnt it possible the law was on a crusade here or simply made an error?

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I really don't understand the position Hansen is taking. Leaving aside for the moment that he simply doesn't have enough information (none of us do) to express such moral outrage, we have a criminal justice system for dealing with precisely these sorts of incidents. It is, moreover, important that we let the criminal justice system do its work, and not presume to layer our own punishment on top of whatever punishment the criminal justice system metes out, because unlike our off-the-cuff judgments, there are procedural safeguards built into the criminal justice system that ensure that the rights of the accused aren't being trampled in our eagerness to punish.

Make no mistake: this is, at the end of the day, about punishment. Hansen isn't arguing that it would be prudent for the Cowboys refuse to associate with Hardy because of the possible damage to the brand. He's arguing that the Cowboys should refuse to employ Hardy -- in other words, punish him -- because he was accused of domestic violence. He leaves no room for the possibility that the accusation is unfounded, notwithstanding that the criminal justice system itself determined that the charges should be dropped. He hangs his hat on the fact that a judge convicted Hardy of a misdemeanor in a bench trial in District Court while conveniently ignoring that the US Constitution guarantees an accused person the right to a jury trial, with the result that Hardy was entitled to a trial de novo before a jury of his peers in Superior Court (causing the bench trial verdict to be vacated). In essence, he arrogates to himself the right to act as judge, jury and executioner because he doesn't like the outcome that the criminal justice system in North Carolina produced. This is the very stuff that lynch mobs are made of. You want to talk about sinking low or falling from grace, Dale? Take a close look at what you're doing.