Video: Dallas and Dak Don't Show Up – NFL Wild Card Playoff Weekend | Kurt Warner Game Tape Breakdown

Creeper

Reaction score
This confirms a few things. First, Dak is making bad decisions. But also Moore is designing poor plays. I am becoming more convinced than ever that Kellen Moore is the problem with Dak and he needs a better OC and QB coach.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Brutal analysis. And dead on. Dak and Kellen failed the franchise. Don’t see a silver lining until Dak is gone unfortunately.

Gonna be a loooooong offseason. And probably an excruciating 3 years. Stock up on whiskey now…. Gonna need some medicine to get us through the doldrums

Swagger

Reaction score
I hope he is if his play warrants it.

I hope it gets so bad that he requests a trade and we find a team stupid enough to do it.

Remember when people said Dak's contract "will be a bargin in 2 years"? My goodness was they lost in space or what? That contract will NEVER be a bargin. Paying that bum elite QB money will go down as one of Jerrys biggest mistakes.
Haha good grief. A bargain. You are having a laugh!

cowboyz

Reaction score
What I took away from that video was, no way is Kellen getting a Hc job.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Kurt also talked about the lack of details at the end of the video.

Lack of details is on the coach, McCarthy needs to go. Moore is in over his head as well, they had 8 plus weeks to get things details ironed out but it looked the same this weekend as it did vs Denver offensively.

Redline360

Reaction score
Wow after watching that we had so many people open on tons of plays. Didn't realize it was that bad.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Kurt Warner just has an agenda. Only sees what he wants to see. /s
This confirms a few things. First, Dak is making bad decisions. But also Moore is designing poor plays. I am becoming more convinced than ever that Kellen Moore is the problem with Dak and he needs a better OC and QB coach.
Kellen certainly is a problem, but so is Dak.Poor accuracy,doesn’t see the field,so slow processing,bad pocket awareness,ect.I think he still sees ghosts from Atlanta game a few yrs. back.There’s a reason he was a 4th round pick.He plays scared.

cowboyz

Reaction score
Kurt also talked about the lack of details at the end of the video, which is proof of why McCarthy and Moore need to go.

They had at least 8 games to get these details ironed out and the scheme tweaked to combat these coverages but they had no answers.

Great coaches have their team prepared for the little things!
I need to watch his other videos, if this is just really high level iq, where you can't design this for normal football players, or cowboys are dumb

But I understand now why Kurt made it to multiple sbs it wasn't just a quick trigger and accuracy

I was listening on the radio, Charlie weis said what makes Brady so good is he can go through progressions or check coverage post snap. Not many can do both
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1-th...isode/the-best-of-the-doug-gottlieb-91763203/

36:23

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score
Did I say that?

You said the offense repeated plays and was uncreative. I pointed out all teams repeat plays. I also pointed out there were missed reads by the QB in those repeated plays. Basically saying that your complaint doesn't make sense.

Zman5

Reaction score
Which is a problem.

To be fair, most QBs have issues when defense plays coverage and are able to get to the QB with 4. The ones that can play well against it are vet QBs who can dissect it quickly (Rodgers, Brady). And QBs who can pass well on the run (young Rothlessburger, Mahomes, Allen) or running QBs (Murray, Jackson) who can out run the DL and LBs.

Even Mahomes had the same issue earlier in the season, but he is much more mobile than Dak, have ridiculous arm talent and better HC/OC to help him.
If Dak can't throw accurately on the run again, yes it is a problem.

Last edited:

cowboyz

Reaction score
To be fair, most QBs have issues when defense plays coverage and are able to get to the QB with 4. The ones that can play well against it are vet QBs who can dissect it quickly (Rodgers, Brady). And QBs who can pass well on the run (young Rothlessburger, Mahomes, Allen) or running QBs (Murray, Jackson) who can out run the DL and LBs.

Even Mahomes had the same issue earlier in the season, but he is much more mobile than Dak, have ridiculous arm talent and better OC to help him.

Just like that Td run, where it shows bad Play design, but they still score a td

Haimerej

Reaction score

Even Mahomes had the same issue earlier in the season, but he is much more mobile than Dak, have ridiculous arm talent and better OC to help him.

I'm pretty old school when it comes to the QB position. I don't like seeing my QB relying on his legs. I'd rather have a QB who can read, progress, and make a decision.

One thing Warner pointed out repeatedly is Dak missing his hot reads.

Zman5

Reaction score
I'm pretty old school when it comes to the QB position. I don't like seeing my QB relying on his legs. I'd rather have a QB who can read, progress, and make a decision.

One thing Warner pointed out repeatedly is Dak missing his hot reads.

Fortunately that's something that can be coached easily. MM needs to spend time with Dak this offseason and drill some of these concepts into his head.
KM hasn't been effective doing so. Dak certainly deserves blame but if a player keeps making same mistakes, it's the job of the coaches to point it out and get it right. Regardless of how long they've been playing the position.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
You said the offense repeated plays and was uncreative. I pointed out all teams repeat plays. I also pointed out there were missed reads by the QB in those repeated plays. Basically saying that your complaint doesn't make sense.

Did I dispute that there were missed reads by the QB? Did I dispute that other teams don't also repeat plays?

You're manufacturing talking points to argue against that I never actually said.

It's pretty clearly pointed out in this video that this particular route concept was snuffed out well by the Niners/Fred Warner, yet Moore repeatedly kept going to it. Whether other teams repeat plays is irrelevant to that point. Whether Dak missed some reads is irrelevant to that point. On that day, in that game, that concept was not working. Reading is your friend.