Dallas averaging an NFL-worst nine accepted penalties per road game

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not worried about the game on Sunday at all. But one thing to keep an eye out for is penalties. This needs to get cleaned up before the playoffs. I thought the Cowboys were going to work on reducing penalties last off season!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
McCarthy has coached an undisciplined teamed since he's been here. My suggestion is to try something different if the same thing is not working. That's what I would do.
It's to bad that the team cannot fine them for a stupid penalty like offsides, lining up offsides, twelve men on the field, etc. $10,000 fine for each infraction. But, these players are so rich, it still would not stop stupid.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
It’s the stupid penalties that bug me most. The penalties that come after the play is over. Unsportsmanlike conduct. Roughing the passer. Just dumb. Control your emotions. I can forgive a hold here or there.

SackMaster

Reaction score
McCarthy has coached an undisciplined teamed since he's been here. My suggestion is to try something different if the same thing is not working. That's what I would do.
Penalties have been an issue for the Cowboys for a decade before MM got here.

So while I would hope the HC could fix it, I think the way the players have direct access to the owner makes it really difficult for the HC to hold players truly accountable.

I could be wrong, but this isn't a MM only issue.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

So while I would hope the HC could fix it, I think the way the players have direct access to the owner makes it really difficult for the HC to hold players truly accountable.

Could be when the culture around here rears its ugly head. We have some stupid penalties called against us and I can’t put that on Mike.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Im too lazy to look it up, but were penalties an issue for his GB teams?

That will tell us all we need to know

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You are a brave soul to post that assumption.

Motorola

Reaction score
It's to bad that the team cannot fine them for a stupid penalty like offsides, lining up offsides, twelve men on the field, etc. $10,000 fine for each infraction. But, these players are so rich, it still would not stop stupid.
Have an NFL version of the "Kangaroo Court" that used to exist in Major League Baseball - where the teammates pointed out the infractions and mistakes - and issued the fines.
Could be more of a deterrent; monetarily yes...but also the guilt a player would feel that his team thought he let them down.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
Many called penalties are pure crap these days, mostly because as an older human being it’s difficult to run aside elite athletes and make split second decisions, but that’s a different debate….but the frequency of the pre-snap stuff on this team is inexcusable.

Know where the damn LOS is. Come on.

Sometimes a hold is a good thing. Like when you’re beat for a score if you don’t, or if you got beat by a DL who is going to kill your QB if you dont.

Mike has just gotta get through to dudes about the mental part of the game. Maybe that’s tough in Dallas when you’re busy being a star without having won anything.

lopey

Reaction score
Have an NFL version of the "Kangaroo Court" that used to exist in Major League Baseball - where the teammates pointed out the infractions and mistakes - and issued the fines.
Could be more of a deterrent; monetarily yes...but also the guilt a player would feel that his team thought he let them down.
Union wont go for it

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Many called penalties are pure crap these days, mostly because as an older human being it’s difficult to run aside elite athletes and make split second decisions, but that’s a different debate….but the frequency of the pre-snap stuff on this team is inexcusable.

Know where the damn LOS is. Come on.

Sometimes a hold is a good thing. Like when you’re beat for a score if you don’t, or if you got beat by a DL who is going to kill your QB if you dont.

Mike has just gotta get through to dudes about the mental part of the game. Maybe that’s tough in Dallas when you’re busy being a star without having won anything.

Bold> Especially when you are lined within four yards of the center on the defensive side of the line. Those offside penalties bug me the most.

Your hand is on the ground. Just look to your left or right and find the ball. It is not rocket science.