Dallas averaging an NFL-worst nine accepted penalties per road game

gtb1943

Reaction score
Bold> Especially when you are lined within four yards of the center on the defensive side of the line. Those offside penalties bug me the most.

Your hand is on the ground. Just look to your left or right and find the ball. It is not rocket science.
Agree that lining up offsides is beyond stupid and truly the most unforgivable and inexcusable penalty

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Is Jerry Jones solely responsible for the penalties over a 23 year period of time?

Is it rational to believe that he is?

What other possible explanation is there?

Inconvenient truths?
People on here talk about how Jerry meddles in coaching decisions, undermines coaches in that players can bypass them and go directly to him.

Would that potentially impact discipline attempting to be drilled into players by coaches?

Where is one place that might show itself on the field?

Could it be related to our reputation as a soft team when push comes to shove?

What other NFL owner is even a tenth of a media hog as Jerry that we could even compare him to?

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_z90wx44g15w4wc4wccgcg0g0_640.gif

Or is it?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the game on Sunday at all. But one thing to keep an eye out for is penalties. This needs to get cleaned up before the playoffs. I thought the Cowboys were going to work on reducing penalties last off season!

Jonesboys need the DISCIPLINE OF STEEL...

boysfanindc

Reaction score
its been an issue for a long time as in going back to Wade.
Agreed but Wade is not here and McCarthy is and there was serious debate last year that he needed to get it cleaned up and yet here we are.

Motorola

Reaction score
They dont?

https://www.mlbplayers.com/

The Major League Baseball Players Association Is the union that represents Players on the 40-man Major League rosters, as well as approximately 5,500 Minor League players employed by the 30 Major League baseball teams. The MLBPA also oversees MLB Players, Inc., which exclusively represents the group commercial and licensing activities involving active players.
I didn't mean the MLBA no longer existed.
I was referring to the "Kangaroo courts" In MLB clubhouses.
An article I saw inferred they no longer took place...and I
responded that it was probably so because of the baseball union.

I don't follow the sport that intensely. If I'm wrong on both counts -teams still do that self-policing method within clubhouses- and the MLBA doesn't interfere in those matters - someone can enlighten me.

BTW - CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ARDENT AND LONG-SUFFERING TEXAS RANGERS FANS

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Penalties have cost of some big plays this season including a great punt return for a score by Turpin.

starfan1

Reaction score
Dallas has always been a bit prone to penalties . McCarthy needs to get plays in sooner to I’ve noticed them being real close to 0 or have to take a time out to avoid delay of game

Einstein

Reaction score
So they love Philly and hate the Cowboys and Miami, is that how it works? Or was that game against Miami really just to bury us more because they really hate us and thus love our division mates?
Just saying refs are bias, so probably love the Cowboys and so dislike us. Same for other teams as well, but the Cowboys are at a different level than many teams in the NFL when it comes to emotions.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Delay of game is another one that needs to be addressed IMO...but all these penalties have been happening for a while.

Maybe @DallasEast can look up penalties during Jimmy's tenure :)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm not worried about the game on Sunday at all. But one thing to keep an eye out for is penalties. This needs to get cleaned up before the playoffs. I thought the Cowboys were going to work on reducing penalties last off season!

Penalties have killed the team this year in their losses. Coaching must address this and they say they are but the penalties keep coming. Lost the Philthy game because of penalties and a revolving door at RT.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

The ones that drive me nuts are the pre snap ones. The Cowboys have 11 defensive offside penalties, most in the league.

Carolina's offense leads the league in false starts, so this should be interesting.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Penalties have been an issue for the Cowboys for a decade before MM got here.

So while I would hope the HC could fix it, I think the way the players have direct access to the owner makes it really difficult for the HC to hold players truly accountable.

I could be wrong, but this isn't a MM only issue.
You are correct.

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score
Look at the tape or re watch the games. The same calls made on the Cowboys are not always called on the apposing team. Especially offense holding. Offensive holding on Parsons can be called almost every play. The ticky tack calls if you will, do not always apply to the other team.

catiii

Reaction score

BIG MIKE IS SO STOOPID. ALL HE HAS TO DO IS NOT ACCEPT THE PENALTIES!!
"HOLDING!!!!!!" HEY REF, WE DON'T ACCEPT!!! CALL ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE AND I'LL MEET YOU BEHIND THE STADIUM AFTER THE GAME MATE!!! THEN YOU CAN FUGHETTABOUTIT!!! :muttley:

Toro9

Reaction score
Yeah the penalties are getting old really fast. Even in the Giants domination we had far too many