Dallas averaging an NFL-worst nine accepted penalties per road game

mardwin

Reaction score
Poor officiating is also contributing to the high number of penalties. I'm not trying to justify or make excuses but just stating the obvious.

Fmart322

Reaction score
We've been an undisciplined team since Jimmy Johnson. Blame Jerry.

75boyz

Reaction score
As I stated in Bob's penalty related thread, this is a HUGE head coaching fail.
Not instilling fundamental discipline in your team.
He has refs at Training Camp and practices. There is no excuse.
He's said it was his main job to get this issue corrected.
He hasn't. Huge fail.

The number of false starts is straight up embarrassing.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
People on here talk about how Jerry meddles in coaching decisions, undermines coaches in that players can bypass them and go directly to him.

Would that potentially impact discipline attempting to be drilled into players by coaches?

Where is one place that might show itself on the field?

Could it be related to our reputation as a soft team when push comes to shove?

What other NFL owner is even a tenth of a media hog as Jerry that we could even compare him to?

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_z90wx44g15w4wc4wccgcg0g0_640.gif

Or is it?
Wait till I produce my complete research on this. You are going to have to work over time to dismiss it.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Over 1/3 of the Cowboys league leading penalty numbers are pre-snap. Can’t blame the refs for those. And we also lead the league in lined up off-sides penalties. Just inexcusable stuff.
Don't just ignore what I posted, Bob. And get ready for a complete league wide break down from 2000-2022.

How do you explain the disparity of the numbers I have posted about two ref darlings in Green Bay and Pittsburgh versus Dallas when it comes to penalties over a 23 year period - a sample size of well over 300 games.

If the calls "even out in the end" like so many claim then explain this:

100 or more penalties in a season from 2000-2022:

Green Bay: 11
Pittsburgh: 9
Dallas: 18

80 or less penalties in a season from 2000-2022:

Green Bay: 4
Pittsburgh: 3
Dallas: 0

The calls do "even out over time" for ref darling teams as GB & Pitts are very close over that big sample size.

The calls clearly do not "even out over time" for Dallas as they are completely out of the statistical range in both categories. This cannot possibly be just because Jerry Jones is the GM. We are talking multiple coaches. Not one of them, not even Parcells could get a handle on the penalty problem? That's statistically impossible over that large of a span of years.

I'm going to break down the whole league over that time, but it will take a while to go through all the data. There is something clearly going on that can't just be honestly hand waived away.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Wait till I produce my complete research on this. You are going to have to work over time to dismiss it.
Make sure your research includes these whoppers on the New Orleans Saints whom the league apparently hates as well as us. If we had these numbers it'd be insufferable around here.

2018 - 30th in penalties called against opponents
2019 - 31st in penalties called against opponents
2020 - 32nd in penalties called against opponents
2021 - 31st in penalties called against opponents
2022 - 22nd in penalties called against opponents

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Don't just ignore what I posted, Bob. And get ready for a complete league wide break down from 2000-2022.

How do you explain the disparity of the numbers I have posted about two ref darlings in Green Bay and Pittsburgh versus Dallas when it comes to penalties over a 23 year period - a sample size of well over 300 games.

If the calls "even out in the end" like so many claim then explain this:

100 or more penalties in a season from 2000-2022:

Green Bay: 11
Pittsburgh: 9
Dallas: 18

80 or less penalties in a season from 2000-2022:

Green Bay: 4
Pittsburgh: 3
Dallas: 0

The calls do "even out over time" for ref darling teams as GB & Pitts are very close over that big sample size.

The calls clearly do not "even out over time" for Dallas as they are completely out of the statistical range in both categories. This cannot possibly be just because Jerry Jones is the GM. We are talking multiple coaches. Not one of them, not even Parcells could get a handle on the penalty problem? That's statistically impossible over that large of a span of years.

I'm going to break down the whole league over that time, but it will take a while to go through all the data. There is something clearly going on that can't just be honestly hand waived away.
Sure it can be hand waved away. Anytime someone tries to talk raw penalty numbers, like when Dallas has less, you "theorists" then magically claim that you can't go by the number of penalties called but rather when they're called or the effect of them (take points away, add them for opponents) because that matters more. People did it all up and down about the Eagles game when we had the same number of penalties. So how are you then going to do research based on the sheer number of penalties when that's not the standard you and your peeps go by when the number of penalties gets brought up? How about picking a lane and staying in it? That's how research methodology works, doesn't it?

You people just will not stop until you have your victim excuse to overlook supporting a team that's not a powerhouse. Lol.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Sure it can be hand waved away. Anytime someone tries to talk raw penalty numbers, like when Dallas has less, you "theorists" then magically claim that you can't go by the number of penalties called but rather when they're called or the effect of them (take points away, add them for opponents) because that matters more. People did it all up and down about the Eagles game when we had the same number of penalties. So how are you then going to do research based on the sheer number of penalties when that's not the standard you and your peeps go by when the number of penalties gets brought up? How about picking a lane and staying in it? That's how research methodology works, doesn't it?

You people just will not stop until you have your victim excuse to overlook supporting a team that's not a powerhouse. Lol.
I was actually just thinking, this thread has Marcus Rock's name written all over it.....

I don't always agree with you but as I have said before I do admire your consistency.
You're like a military haircut. As steady and dependable as you'll find. :thumbup:

GINeric

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the game on Sunday at all. But one thing to keep an eye out for is penalties. This needs to get cleaned up before the playoffs. I thought the Cowboys were going to work on reducing penalties last off season!

And the idiots of the world expect one player to overcome all these weekly penalties and succeed, even though he didn't commit any of them.