Dallas Cowboys’ Kelvin Joseph is a person of interest in Dallas murder investigation

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe he named them in order to get a deal. His lawyer had already stated he was in the car very early on in this but was not a shooter.
That's what this looks like at this point. It's been my thinking that Joseph was recognized by someone close to the team, and the team pointed out that he should get ahead of this, thus he went to the police. Whether he named them (assuming he did) initially or as part of a deal will have a lot to do with his future.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Imagine where we'd be as a franchise if we didn't take these huge leaps of faith in round 2. We could have potentially another half dozen blue chip type players on this roster. The philosophy in round 2 has got to change. McClay need to adjust his draft board and Jerry needs to shy away from taking these risks. He's still paying for Randy Moss. Unfortunately he's ending up with Randy Gregory instead...
Yeah. I mean, I get that "every team lands a stinker every so often," but Dallas purposely seeked out players from the clearance isle.
Kelvin Joseph, Trysten Hill, Conner Williams, Jaylon Smith, Randy Gregory, Escobar, Bruce Carter. For one reason or a few, these guys were a reach.
To be fair we hit with players like Diggs, Awuzie, Lawrence, Sean Lee - sort of, but 2 players are on the roster out of all that mess.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah. I mean, I get that "every team lands a stinker every so often," but Dallas purposely seeked out players from the clearance isle.
Kelvin Joseph, Trysten Hill, Conner Williams, Jaylon Smith, Randy Gregory, Escobar, Bruce Carter. For one reason or a few, these guys were a reach.
To be fair we hit with players like Diggs, Awuzie, Lawrence, Sean Lee - sort of, but 2 players are on the roster out of all that mess.
Jerry's a wildcatter, with a "go big or go home" gambling mentality. If there's any chance of getting a first round quality player with a second round pick, he's all in. Look at the bright side; At least he waits until the second round, and doesn't make it a habit to trade up to get them.

Reactions: G2

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry's a wildcatter, with a "go big or go home" gambling mentality. If there's any chance of getting a first round quality player with a second round pick, he's all in. Look at the bright side; At least he waits until the second round, and doesn't make it a habit to trade up to get them.
Not only that but he has said his best wells were the highest risk ones. His life has been defined by risks.

shabazz

Reaction score
Hiring strippers at a party?/ darn, sounds like something drunk college parties would partake in?

I should clarify better….drug addicts/strippers/prostitutes/ and now convicted murder….

for the record, I’m all good with hiring strippers but there may be some baggage that comes with that. These “strippers” cost some of those young men their college careers, good name, hundreds of thousands of dollars in lawyers fees to prove them innocent….

as George Bernard Shaw once said,
“Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.”

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I should clarify better….drug addicts/strippers/prostitutes/ and now convicted murder….

for the record, I’m all good with hiring strippers but there may be some baggage that comes with that. These “strippers” cost some of those young men their college careers, good name, hundreds of thousands of dollars in lawyers fees to prove them innocent….

as George Bernard Shaw once said,
“Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.”

I went to college, but I was married with 2 kids when I started so I didnt partake in the typical college craziness.

BUT, if i were 18 coming straight out of HS with little in the way of life experiences, yea, Id probably have done all that stuff.

We just got back from 4 days in Nashville, there were plenty of "Adults," doing the same crazy stuff....lol

We all grow up, we all did stupid stuff. Just part of life. I was lucky in that none of my stupid stuff hurt someone or got me in trouble.

shabazz

Reaction score
I went to college, but I was married with 2 kids when I started so I didnt partake in the typical college craziness.

BUT, if i were 18 coming straight out of HS with little in the way of life experiences, yea, Id probably have done all that stuff.

We just got back from 4 days in Nashville, there were plenty of "Adults," doing the same crazy stuff....lol

We all grow up, we all did stupid stuff. Just part of life. I was lucky in that none of my stupid stuff hurt someone or got me in trouble.

a lot of times it’s just bad luck. Most of us know that most men aren’t fully mature until their late twenties.

I would guess that these days PC college campuses are having to worry about these incidents as much, lol

Which reminds me what a great movie “PCU” was…..probably banned on Netflix

EDIT, just for the fun of it I looked it up on Amazon Prime Video…..”currently unavailable”….what a shocker

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey, it's never boring with Jerry!

nobody

Reaction score
Just calling it as I see it. Everyone knows KJ is guilty to some degree, but some refuse to admit it simply because he wears a star on his helmet.

I have to disagree with you slightly. We don't know how involved he was and only know he was 1) present in the car, and 2) didn't report it basically until he had to.

To me, that's some red flags and on top of other things enough to want him off the team. It's not enough to condemn him as a person or say he was involved with the murder. Should he face some consequence for waiting a month and only saying something because he had to? Probably. But the police and DA's often given deals in order to secure convictions for the ones that did the worse crime.

He'll face whatever is coming to him come Judgement day, as will we all. I just don't want him on the team. He's a proven idiot.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I have to disagree with you slightly. We don't know how involved he was and only know he was 1) present in the car, and 2) didn't report it basically until he had to.

To me, that's some red flags and on top of other things enough to want him off the team. It's not enough to condemn him as a person or say he was involved with the murder. Should he face some consequence for waiting a month and only saying something because he had to? Probably. But the police and DA's often given deals in order to secure convictions for the ones that did the worse crime.

He'll face whatever is coming to him come Judgement day, as will we all. I just don't want him on the team. He's a proven idiot.
Agreed, but, remember KJ was one of two who initially attacked the unsuspecting but innocent victim on the street's curbside. That showed me KJ's mind is all about violence and was there to create such violence on any bystander he felt like it. He had no respect or remorse for attacking an innocent victim who was minding his own business, so I find the claim that KJ did not know his murderous partners did not have guns or were going to shoot the victim after the physical altercation. KJ knew, yet he went along and drove with them in the vehicle during the drive-by, instead of trying to stop them or not get into the same vehicle. Then like a guilty coward, he stays quiet and hides for a month (and would have continued to stay quiet to this day had the police investigators not ID'd him). KJ is a guilty backstabbing rat.

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
Agreed, but, remember KJ was one of two who initially attacked the unsuspecting but innocent victim on the street's curbside. That showed me KJ's mind is all about violence and was there to create such violence on any bystander he felt like it. He had no respect or remorse for attacking an innocent victim who was minding his own business, so I find the claim that KJ did not know his murderous partners did not have guns or were going to shoot the victim after the physical altercation. KJ knew, yet he went along and drove with them in the vehicle during the drive-by, instead of trying to stop them or not get into the same vehicle.

That's the thing, the videos didn't have audio that I heard, nor did it pick up any possible verbal exchange before hand. Should he have started the fight? No, no matter what the other guy might have said, there's no excuse. Should he have come forward after the shooting? Yes. But we can't prove that he knew what they would do. It could have been a spur of the moment decision. He might have egged them on, he might have said "Nah guys, let's not do that." We don't know. All we know for sure is that he fought, then was in the vehicle then didn't report it.

It looks bad in any case. And he did break the law (by not reporting it). But that's all we know as fact. So I don't condone calling him a murderer or even stating that he was in on it. He might have been. But I don't know. I will condone calling him an idiot and someone who is detrimental to the team.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's the thing, the videos didn't have audio that I heard, nor did it pick up any possible verbal exchange before hand. Should he have started the fight? No, no matter what the other guy might have said, there's no excuse. Should he have come forward after the shooting? Yes. But we can't prove 1) he knew what they would do. It could have been a spur of the moment decision. He might have egged them on, he might have said "Nah guys, let's not do that." We don't know. All we know for sure is that he fought, then was in the vehicle then didn't report it.

It looks bad in any case. And he did break the law (by not reporting it). But that's all we know as fact. So I don't condone calling him a murderer or even stating that he was in on it. He might have been. But I don't know. I will condone calling him an idiot and someone who is detrimental to the team.
He knew. They even started slowing down in the vehicle while they rolled down the windows as they purposefully followed the victim. KJ knew and did nothing to stop the shooting. He could have refused to ride with them or even attempted to grab their guns before they started shooting. He did the opposite, then hid from the law for a whole month until he was caught. If not, he would still be hiding today while going on with his life as if nothing happened. He didn't care.

nobody

Reaction score
He knew. They even started slowing down in the vehicle while they rolled down the windows as they purposefully followed the victim. KJ knew and did nothing to stop the shooting. He could have refused to ride with them or even attempted to grab their guns before they started shooting. He did the opposite, then hid from the law for a whole month until he was caught. If not, he would still be hiding today while going on with his life as if nothing happened. He didn't care.

If that's the case, he'll eventually get what's coming to him. I still won't say for sure he knew and condoned it. I will say it's definitely a really bad look especially since he didn't report it. I want him off the team and possibly out of the NFL forever. I'll let the law and his ultimate Judgement Day handle the rest.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Just calling it as I see it. Everyone knows KJ is guilty to some degree, but some refuse to admit it simply because he wears a star on his helmet.

You don't get to speak for everyone either. All I see here is that you are desperate for some form of authority and are extremely punitive. Reeks of projection.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

What on earth are you talking about. You can see the SUV as it drives by on video. At no point does it change speed.