Dallas Cowboys’ Kelvin Joseph is a person of interest in Dallas murder investigation

cowboyec

Reaction score
tariq castro-fields,penn state.
mccarthy went to penn state's pro day.
wonder if this nitnay lion caught his eye.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You might have the right infrastructure but then signing players like pac-man? That's not fair to anyone on the team. Who wants to play with a guy like that? And he's not going to change.

I think you are correct about drafting these players, but signing them is a different story. I just don't understand it.
Jones has always seemed to think he had the secret sauce with troubled players. 2008 should have been a real turning point, as chemistry derailed the most talented team Dallas had since 1995

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he can make a deal to avoid jail time, do the Joneses go the Arnette/Gladney route? Or do they hold on to him.

What do you think they should do?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not necessarily. It doesn't look good. But DAs are more about the high profile murder arrest and conviction than some person in the car that was unwittingly a witness/accomplice
The important thing is, what's Goodell about? Doesn't seem to matter if someone's legally guilty or not.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
It kind of is the point right now. If he didn't pull the trigger, wasn't in the vehicle, etc., then he's being made out by some to be something he's not. Doesn't mean he didn't make bad choices or won't in the future. Sadly, many players on this team and others do.

Don't get the "it's his history" comment. Do you know him personally and who he regularly is drawn to? Some of you act like you've been stalking him, going through his closet to find all the skeletons, etc. What has been written about him does not show a criminal history. If you know more, please share.
He was in the vehicle.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Luuulz.

“Heeeeeeeehaaaaw! I told you he wouldn’t get charged for accessory to murder!” —Oz after Joseph gets charged with Law of Parties
I have lived through a similar situation.

My first wife's brother came to our house needing a place to sleep. Because him and his girlfriend had gotten into a fight. He swear he was done with her and about to get his own place. He asked me to drive him to a guy's house who owed him money. When leaving this guy's house my ex-brother-in-law shot at the guy, because the guy said he owed him nothing. So I drive off and go back home. I kicked his butt out my house then called the cops. When the detective showed up, he told me the victim was dead. I then asked the detective...So what do I get accessory to murder? The detective told me...We don't have accessory to murder in Texas. I was let go scott free. I slept in my own bed that night.

So you do you think has the best information on this subject? The guy who lived through it first hand or the guy who's reading about it on the internet?

Take a nap dude, we're done here.
:facepalm:

Your screen name suggest your from California. California and Texas have different laws, JFYI.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If he can make a deal to avoid jail time, do the Joneses go the Arnette/Gladney route? Or do they hold on to him.

What do you think they should do?

If he’s affiliated with the murder in any way? He gets cut instantly, before the trial even begins. He’s not a top 15 pick, he’s not a face of the franchise, a not even a starter.

I think the more complicated question is if he’s not in the SUV, if he doesn’t get charged with anything but rumors persist he had some connection to it. Does life just go on as normal? Does he get suspended for beating a guy up a few minutes before he’s murdered? Can he then be a face of the Cowboys going forward?

Ray Lewis is an apt comparison, except he’s no Ray Lewis to The Cowboys

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So basically suspended from both college teams.

What do you think Jerry's fascination with these players stems from?
No he wasn't suspended at Kentucky. He decided not to play late in the season and prepare early for the draft. Asked the head coach if he could still be with the team on the sideline and the coach said no and wasn't happy about it.

Proof

Reaction score
Ah, thanks. I also was wondering that. I even googled "what does YKDV mean" and I got some weird answers.

One thing this situation has taught me is if I'm going to go fight someone or hang out with potential drive by shooters, I'm definitely taking off my very large, gaudy, personalized jewelry.

lol there's no chance that's short for bossman lol. i'd wager it's you know da vibes or some such

McKDaddy

Reaction score
There will be more to this story but just by being in the vehicle & not reporting anything for almost a month when a death was involved, looks like his freedom & career are hanging by threads.

From a football standpoint I don't think this team was going anywhere anyway but things like this certainly don't help.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He was in the vehicle, so he better have a good explanation to not get charged with aiding and abetting. There's a case we covered here where one guy shot up a trailer and killed the person inside apparently over drugs. There were three people in the car and it appears the third one may have been high and not realized what was going on until it was too late. Sometimes the friends you pick can definitely land you in trouble.

Since he was in the vehicle, he's going to have to prove his non-involvement in the shooting, which gets tougher if no one else corroborates it. I hope for the best, but we'll see.
No he doesn’t. The police want a shooter if he cooperates he will get off and be the key witness. They have no evidence that he shot anyone. They need his testimony. I bet the lawyer negotiated a deal with the police with the backing of the Joneses. I don’t like it one bit but that is how the police get their perk.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There will be more to this story but just by being in the vehicle & not reporting anything for almost a month when a death was involved, looks like his freedom & career are hanging by threads.

From a football standpoint I don't think this team was going anywhere anyway but things like this certainly don't help.
He could have been negotiating with the police for a few weeks. In his defense you have to make sure you protect yourself before you go to the law. Talk to the Cowboys, get a lawyer ect………

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he’s affiliated with the murder in any way? He gets cut instantly, before the trial even begins. He’s not a top 15 pick, he’s not a face of the franchise, a not even a starter.

I think the more complicated question is if he’s not in the SUV, if he doesn’t get charged with anything but rumors persist he had some connection to it. Does life just go on as normal? Does he get suspended for beating a guy up a few minutes before he’s murdered? Can he then be a face of the Cowboys going forward?

Ray Lewis is an apt comparison, except he’s no Ray Lewis to The Cowboys
He was in the SUV. His lawyers said so. He said he wasnt involved in the shooting.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I have lived through a similar situation.

My first wife's brother came to our house needing a place to sleep. Because him and his girlfriend had gotten into a fight. He swear he was done with her and about to get his own place. He asked me to drive him to a guy's house who owed him money. When leaving this guy's house my ex-brother-in-law shot at the guy, because the guy said he owed him nothing. So I drive off and go back home. I kicked his butt out my house then called the cops. When the detective showed up, he told me the victim was dead. I then asked the detective...So what do I get accessory to murder? The detective told me...We don't have accessory to murder in Texas. I was let go scott free. I slept in my own bed that night.

So you do you think has the best information on this subject? The guy who lived through it first hand or the guy who's reading about it on the internet?

Take a nap dude, we're done here.
:facepalm:

Your screen name suggest your from California. California and Texas have different laws, JFYI.
Here's an case where a guy was sentenced to death in Texas for accessory to murder as the getaway driver.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ry-challenged-by-defense-lawyer-idUSKCN10S249

Acceptablename

Reaction score
It kind of is the point right now. If he didn't pull the trigger, wasn't in the vehicle, etc., then he's being made out by some to be something he's not. Doesn't mean he didn't make bad choices or won't in the future. Sadly, many players on this team and others do.

Don't get the "it's his history" comment. Do you know him personally and who he regularly is drawn to? Some of you act like you've been stalking him, going through his closet to find all the skeletons, etc. What has been written about him does not show a criminal history. If you know more, please share.
I know this segment of law and justice was right around the bend. If you look at my previous comments on the matter I admit my pre judgement of course. I read about this young man’s red flags about this time last year. Then we drafted him. Call me out at the end of his contract and he has been clean and no trouble. Bad choices make unavailable players. And he keeps confirming my misgivings. This is not the court of law this is the court of public opinion.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I think @baltcowboy is right on here

No he doesn’t. The police want a shooter if he cooperates he will get off and be the key witness. They have no evidence that he shot anyone. They need his testimony. I bet the lawyer negotiated a deal with the police with the backing of the Joneses. I don’t like it one bit but that is how the police get their perk.