Signed by Cowboys **** Dallas Cowboys Announce Mike McCarthy Press Conference Thread *****

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Green Bay has a lot of fans and a national following just like Dallas does, but being the coach of the Packers is NOTHING like being the coach of the Cowboys.

The local press cover the Packers are more like a college team, rarely critical (I mean how can they dump on the only thing going on in Green Bay?), never probing, and mostly cream puff questions.

The sheer isolation of the place (even Milwaukee reporters have to travel 2+ hours to get there) and lack of any owner looking over one's shoulder allows a coach to pretty much go about his business without anyone questioning him.

It will be very, very interesting to see how Mac responds to the much increased scrutiny he will be under while coaching America's Team.

Media wise sure but then NY is a big media. GB however in the NFL is no small stage, the city may be but the Football team and their following is very strong. What makes a team a big stage is not local media. Maybe we just don't share the same view of what is a big stage

johneric8

Reaction score
I thought big MM was fabulous, the only trouble I had was figuring out which eye to look at while he was speaking! Lets go!!!

Praxit

Reaction score
..I liked what I heard from Mike. Right off the back, he's a football guy. You can tell he has plans for Dallas, a monumental task it is. Happy and appreciative to be here. I haven't seen Jerry smile that big in years.

Londonboy

Reaction score
McCarthy should unbutton His jacket or find a decent tailor.
Stephen looks like he's lost weight.
Jerry loves to waffle endlessly in circles.
So glad for Jerry that He's got such happy memories of the Garrett family, wish I had some too.

Zordon

Reaction score
I find it interesting that Rodgers sent him a congratulations text. The media would have you think that he despised him. Seems more like a coach's messaging getting stale after 10 years with one team. I think we're going to be fine with MM.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

Gotta say that one made me laugh-out-loud!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I find it interesting that Rodgers sent him a congratulations text. The media would have you think that he despised him. Seems more like a coach's messaging getting stale after 10 years with one team. I think we're going to be fine with MM.

Rodgers actually saying something nice. lol

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
That was bizarre press conference. Jerry describes his encounters with McCarthy as some sort of homoerotic love story. I don’t know what kind of good stuff Stephen had before the conference.

I was lukewarm on McCarthy but now I’m starting to see that this is going to be a great fit. This is probably the most excited I’ve ever been about this teams future.
First real HC we've had since Parcells.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Rogers is just smarter than Dez or TO and has a tad more character.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
question, Jerry no coach has ever won a super bowl again with another team, Why do you think Mikes the right hire?
Jerry say's, he's got fire! "Pumping his fist many times" i love a young coach with fire.
What a joke of a franchise. If they win a bowl again, i'll go in shock.

Thats wasn’t actually Jerry’s answer to that question.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
I thought it's a great start to see if McCarthy still has it, will see on gameday...

ShortRound

Reaction score
I didn’t hear the presser but I’m sure MM is motivated to beat GB. our first game against the Packers will be break records on TV.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dude is from pittsburgh. We have a real northeast coach again. No nonsense, loud, no time for anyones BS.

I love it. He is not a wiseguy like parcells but I will take it.
Tom and Jimmy? Both born and raised in Texas.