Dallas Cowboys are 5-1, and many do not seem happy

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Come on Ladies and Gentleman and woodwork hiders. We are better than this.

We are 5-1 and it is hard to get to 5-1 in the NFL no matter how you get there nor who is on your schedule.

But yet, many on here, all I see is whining and complaining.
MM is an idiot, Pollard is better than Zeke because Zeke can't this or that, but he should because he makes a crap load of $$$$. Dak is just a bus driver. Clock management. The opponents coach screwed up.
Blah, Blah, Blah.

We are 5-1 one and many do not seem happy. This place looks pathetic in doing that. You would think we were 1-5.

5-1 and heading into the bye week, where we will get players back.
Tony Romo said he believes we are SB contenders, and could win it all.

Yes there are some issues, the defense can be exposed, they have a lot to clean up.
But 5-1, ENJOY it, dang, don't whine about it.
there is about 4 or 5 that are unhappy because they want the team fail so they can say Dak failed. the usual suspects,
@khiladi
@PAPPYDOG
@USArmyVet
@Aulac
@Risen Star

the rest are happy and now support Dak and the team....these 5 will suffer from massive butthurt for a while...

Hardline

Reaction score
I'm happy but I also know the bottom is going to drop out at some point. There will eventually be a crushing game losing penalty or a major mistake that's going to knock us out of the playoffs.
Its inevitable.

Mr_437

Reaction score
5-1 is great, and getting out of Foxboro with a W makes heading to the bye that much better. The Cowboys are legitimately in the Contender discussion I'm pleasantly surprised.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Have to admit, I don't see it. Everyone seems pretty happy with the results and 5-1 into the bye week to get some much needed healing.

See some deserved criticism, esp on coach's continued erratic 4th and 1 and clock mgmt, but overall everyone sees pretty content.
This. Sometimes I think some fans are more worried about other fans "happiness" and approval than the team itself. There will always be negative and positive throughout every win and loss unless it's a SB win. 25+ years is a long time.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m sure everyone is happy with the great 5-1 start but we’ve seen great starts from the Cowboys before that led to nothing in January. The team started off 11-1 in 2016. We had an OT win during that stretch. That season led to a one and done in the playoffs. Although the Cowboys appear to have a real good team this year most of us see some of the flaws that will be our undoing in the playoffs. Although the defense has improved it’s still not good enough. The team still needs to get better if we’re going to get over the hump.

Big_D

Reaction score
I’m sure everyone is happy with the great 5-1 start but we’ve seen great starts from the Cowboys before that led to nothing in January. The team started off 11-1 in 2016. We had an OT win during that stretch. That season led to a one and done in the playoffs. Although the Cowboys appear to have a real good team this year most of us see some of the flaws that will be our undoing in the playoffs. Although the defense has improved it’s still not good enough. The team still needs to get better if we’re going to get over the hump.

So you thought they would be good enough by now? We know exactly why they were one and done in 2016. The team had no balls or confidence in any tough situation. You knew Garrett would choke long before you even got there. There’s no comparison at all from this team to that one. Of course it’s not good enough… yet! But there’s an actual team and culture developing here.

Big_D

Reaction score
We've been here several times in the last 25 years....can't blame people.

Really? With a CB on the cusp of breaking records. A DL without Lawrence on the field actually getting to the QB? Guys like Parsons, Osa, Diggs, Golston, And much more developing. 2RBs playing this well. Nothing we did before is like this. It was a neutered football team that you knew would choke. This is not that.

Flamma

Reaction score

We are 5-1 and it is hard to get to 5-1 in the NFL no matter how you get there nor who is on your schedule.

MM is an idiot, Pollard is better than Zeke because Zeke can't this or that, but he should because he makes a crap load of $$$$. Dak is just a bus driver. Clock management. The opponents coach screwed up.
Blah, Blah, Blah.

We are 5-1 one and many do not seem happy. This place looks pathetic in doing that. You would think we were 1-5.

Yes there are some issues, the defense can be exposed, they have a lot to clean up.

II haven't been excited about a Cowboys team since 2007 when we had a reckless Tony Romo. But I think mood are tempered because the situation is different. Back in 2007 Dallas was clearly the best in the NFC and I fully expected to go to the SB. Didn't happen. This year we have competition and our 'Boys are leaving a lot of points on the field. But I'm still loving every minute of it, but with guarded expectations. It's still going to kill me if we lose in the playoffs because I know we can beat any team. When was the last time we could say that? I think it was 2007. Although '14 and '16 hurt, I wasn't all that surprised.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Blah, Blah, Blah.

Yer nuts. There hasn't been this much happiness in a long time.

jnday

Reaction score

Blah, Blah, Blah.

I think most fans are excited and happy to see 5-1. There is no need to go crazy at this point when 2/3 of the season is left to play. The team needs to stay calm and grounded while taking one game at a time. Most of us have seen this before and we have our fingers crossed that this year will be different than the previous years when Dallas looked really good until the playoffs.

jnday

Reaction score
So according to the media the 5-1 Cowboys need to fire Mike McCarthy. Go figure.
Moore and Quinn are the coaches behind winning these games. MM is making his usual clock management mistakes that was a problem when he was in Green Bay. MM is very Garrett-like with his in-game decisions. The only difference between him and Garrett is MM is too lazy to clap for the entire game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you thought they would be good enough by now? We know exactly why they were one and done in 2016. The team had no balls or confidence in any tough situation. You knew Garrett would choke long before you even got there. There’s no comparison at all from this team to that one. Of course it’s not good enough… yet! But there’s an actual team and culture developing here.

They also went one and done in 07. We’ve had 2 number one seeded teams the past 14 years go one and done. The problem with both of those teams is we weren’t playing our best football entering the playoffs. The teams that are playing their best football entering the playoffs have the best chance of reaching the Super Bowl. Tampa was 7-5 at one point last season. They looked anything but a championship team at that time. However, they got hot at the end of the season and were playing their best football entering the playoffs and it led to a championship. The good teams the Cowboys of had in recent years seem to peek just passed midseason. By the time the playoffs start we weren’t playing as well. How you perform during the regular season makes no difference once the playoffs start. The Giants proved that in 07 and 2011.

Motorola

Reaction score

Blah, Blah, Blah.

'jazzcat22' - no doubt there are fans of other teams who troll regularly here at CZ masquerading as Cowboys supporters.
But there also Dallas Fans who can't come out of the "negative nancy/nelly- debbie downer- Chicken Little" mindset this season (and other years).
There was a post last week before Sunday’l from a positive-thinking Cowboys Fan that was almost verbatim about what you espoused today. But the piss-and-moan crowd will weigh in after every close win ... being unaware of the fact that all NFL Championship teams - no matter how overwhelming their regular season record was (0, 1, 2 losses) - each had at least two or three close calls to a loss - due to uninspired or sloppy play.
Don't let their disdaining and dissenting comments get under your skin \ rile you up.
Ignore them.

Aulac

Reaction score

Precisely, which is what so many people here don't get and gush over these wins against against below .500 team.

waving monkey

Reaction score

Blah, Blah, Blah.

This is the issue that used to drive me crazy. I have watched the last few years that people have types of character /views/emotions that predispose them to their reactions. This group seems happy being mad. Oh well.

RS12

Reaction score
Just enjoying the season and trying to remind myself that in the salary cap era, all teams have areas that could use upgrading and generally lack depth. The offense is a good watch because of the ability to constantly move the chains and score. The defense while far from perfect has added young playmakers. Would love a playoff run.