Dallas Cowboys are short changing their best corner

conner01

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thought Chidobe showed more last year?

Also, Byron Jones moving back to corner was always going to be a starter.

Chidobe and Byron were going to be the wide guys. Lewis is competing against Brown to play the Scandrick role.
And I think he will win that job
But I do think you are right, he will the 3rd cb
But he will also get the chance to force the issue in training camp

Dre11

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thought Chidobe showed more last year?

Also, Byron Jones moving back to corner was always going to be a starter.

Chidobe and Byron were going to be the wide guys. Lewis is competing against Brown to play the Scandrick role.

Nope, I thought Chido showed more in less opportunities.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its still really early. Interesting to see what happens in pre season.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Richard has his own hang-ups, just like Marinelli.

I feel pretty confident in saying that in most places, the rookie season Lewis had would be viewed in a positive light.

Yet now, there is doubt if he can make it. Really?

Because he is shorter and lacks "length"?

Sorry, that is a severe coaching cop out. That means the coach is married to physical prototypes.

I hate to bring up Wade Phillips, but he is a master at this.

A good coach takes what you give them and does their job.

It is amazing to me that people are still amazed that Dooley had issues. During his entire tenure, we just have to have 6'2" behemoths who could make plays. Suddenly, he is gone and we are already okay with smaller guys who can get open.

I don't think many people understand what a coach is supposed to do.

Being any kind of teacher does not mean you get the right kind of pupil.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm concerned. Could be nothing, just moving guys around in the offseason, but it could also mean this guy really believes he's reinvented the wheel and great length is the only way to go at cornerback.

As I said before. If Lewis is a backup when the season starts, meaning not one of the top 3 corners on the depth chart, you can have Kris Richard. At that point I would have already seen enough to know he was a terrible hire.

I don’t have any problems with limiting Lewis to the slot. He cost us the GB game and another one and almost a couple more w/ terrible PI’s in the end zone.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
For years, people around here have claimed Bill Parcells ruined elite talent Julius Jones by making him run like a robot.

Well, here we have Kris Richard basically telling Lewis his arms need to be longer.

What coach has more credibility?

kskboys

Reaction score
For years, people around here have claimed Bill Parcells ruined elite talent Julius Jones by making him run like a robot.

Well, here we have Kris Richard basically telling Lewis his arms need to be longer.

What coach has more credibility?
That doesn't even make sense. Lewis has exceedingly long arms.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
This just in......Blah ba-blah Blah- blah, blah - blah.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
So y'all co-signing Byron Jones is better than JD at CB?

So, Michael Crabtree didn't do Chido like Devante Adams did JD?

So playing 15 games as the best CB on the team counts for nothing?

OK.
Crabtree didn't "do" Chido. Awuzie broke up passes. It was Lewis who committed the killer DPI on 4th & long that almost cost us the game.

Jeez, do some of you morons ever even watch the games or just pull s*** stories out of your bunghole like that? This is ridiculous.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm concerned. Could be nothing, just moving guys around in the offseason, but it could also mean this guy really believes he's reinvented the wheel and great length is the only way to go at cornerback.

As I said before. If Lewis is a backup when the season starts, meaning not one of the top 3 corners on the depth chart, you can have Kris Richard. At that point I would have already seen enough to know he was a terrible hire.

Agreed, I already don't like him

coult44

Reaction score

And if he doesn't start and they still have one of the best secondaries in the league you will eat crow!!
This man didn't do what he did in Seattle without being incredibly smart. Let him do his thing!

the_h0wey

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys seek to boost coverage under former Seattle Seahawks’ secondary guru Kris Richard. Demoting his best cover corner is not a good start.
Dallas Cowboys minicamps often include experimentation so depth chart moves at this point should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, one can only judge off past or present roster decisions.

The current backseat usage of corner Jourdan Lewis is every bit worthy of critique and then some. The team’s most talented cover corner is no longer starting outside.

Instead Lewis is being limited to starting slot snaps while a converted safety and fellow 2017 draftee man the outside. Slot coverage is important but this setup is reducing the snaps of a player the defense needs to get the most from.

New secondary coach Kris Richard has vocally stated his preference for big corners. Apparently Lewis (5’10, 195) is being slighted for not fitting the height mold.

I guess these current NFL corners aren’t worthy of starting outside…Casey Hayward (2016 / 2017 Pro Bowl), Kyle Fuller (NFL All-Rookie Team), Adam Jones (2014 All-Pro, 2015 Pro Bowl), Brent Grimes (4-time Pro Bowler). None of those are over 5’11, 192.

Shouldn’t the master of Seattle’s infamous Legion of of Boom secondary know best?

https://thelandryhat.com/2018/06/14/dallas-cowboys-short-changing-best-corner/

You think just maybe the new Secondary coach is trying all his new toys at multiple positions since we aren't even to training camp yet?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crabtree didn't "do" Chido. Awuzie broke up passes. It was Lewis who committed the killer DPI on 4th & long that almost cost us the game.

Jeez, do some of you morons ever even watch the games or just pull s*** stories out of your bunghole like that? This is ridiculous.

Many opinionated fans watch the game from across a crowded room while drinking beer, jacking with their phone and ranting to their buddies about various topics.

They've never re-watched a game and definitely have not re-watched a loss.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys seek to boost coverage under former Seattle Seahawks’ secondary guru Kris Richard. Demoting his best cover corner is not a good start.
Dallas Cowboys minicamps often include experimentation so depth chart moves at this point should be taken with a grain of salt. That being said, one can only judge off past or present roster decisions.

The current backseat usage of corner Jourdan Lewis is every bit worthy of critique and then some. The team’s most talented cover corner is no longer starting outside.

Instead Lewis is being limited to starting slot snaps while a converted safety and fellow 2017 draftee man the outside. Slot coverage is important but this setup is reducing the snaps of a player the defense needs to get the most from.

New secondary coach Kris Richard has vocally stated his preference for big corners. Apparently Lewis (5’10, 195) is being slighted for not fitting the height mold.

I guess these current NFL corners aren’t worthy of starting outside…Casey Hayward (2016 / 2017 Pro Bowl), Kyle Fuller (NFL All-Rookie Team), Adam Jones (2014 All-Pro, 2015 Pro Bowl), Brent Grimes (4-time Pro Bowler). None of those are over 5’11, 192.

Shouldn’t the master of Seattle’s infamous Legion of of Boom secondary know best?

https://thelandryhat.com/2018/06/14/dallas-cowboys-short-changing-best-corner/
It is not a demotion. Heck the starters are not even locks at this point. It will play itself out the way it is supposed to.