Dallas Cowboys Are Treating Trey Lance as 'De Facto' Quarterback Pick

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look it up. Common knowledge at this point.

Even GM Jethro is not that stupid.
If it's the same source you gave....that isn't what they said.

This should be hard...show where it was said so we can be on the same page and review it together. It civilized courtesy, not a challenge.

Oh well just because YOU say so? You were already proven wrong. It said "we're gonna try to find a way to still keep him on". If the course is provided we can look at it together. It's how it works...not just take you word for it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If it's the same source you gave....that isn't what they said.

This should be hard...show where it was said so we can be on the same page and review it together. It civilized courtesy, not a challenge.

Oh well just because YOU say so? You were already proven wrong. It said "we're gonna try to find a way to still keep him on". If the course is provided we can look at it together. It's how it works...not just take you word for it.
Ok. You keep believing we will guarantee him $25M, while he competes with Rush making $2M.

Why stop there just sign him to a 5 year deal.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
A lot of people need to chill out and just treat Lance as our 4th round pick this year...It will make life much easier for everyone. #2025Lance
And when Vegas offers him 30m$ fully guaranteed next offseason, is he a 4th round bust who only lasted 1 year?

Chasing6

Reaction score
A lot of people need to chill out and just treat Lance as our 4th round pick this year...It will make life much easier for everyone. #2025Lance
Not even close. We need to treat him like a 1 year FA that cost $5M.

A 4th round pick is on your roster for 4 years. And dose not cost $5M combined in 4 years.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
And when Vegas offers him 30m$ fully guaranteed next offseason, is he a 4th round bust who only lasted 1 year?
What would Trey Lance have to do between now and next season to be worth a fully guaranteed contract of any amount above the minimum required by the CBA?

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Another excuse for the Jones clan not to draft a QB high in the draft for a few years. They are flat out idiots. I hope he’s great but haven’t they learned anything in the last 30 years about the most important position on the field.
They are trying so hard to make the jag Dak project works by drafting as many supporting casts as they can. It is an absurd logic. Guess what they will do the same with Lance.
The Jones should not be allowed to run a team they are that bad.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What would Trey Lance have to do between now and next season to be worth a fully guaranteed contract of any amount above the minimum required by the CBA?
No one is going to pay him crap next year if he is backing up Dak this year.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Not a full guaranteed contract. But he will have value on the open market, particularly for teams who will coerce him to compete for their starting job. 3y, 45m$ with 30m$ fully guaranteed at signing is not unrealistic. Gardner Minshew just got 2y 25m$ with 15m$ guaranteed at signing and he’d never be valued at a 4th round pick in a trade.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Not a full guaranteed contract. But he will have value on the open market, particularly for teams who will coerce him to compete for their starting job. 3y, 45m$ with 30m$ fully guaranteed at signing is not unrealistic. Gardner Minshew just got 2y 25m$ and he’d never be valued at a 4th round pick in a trade.
He never should have been valued as 4th.

Motorola

Reaction score
And why do some keep perpetuating a Lance-to-Las Vegas scenario?
The Raiders have no interest in him this season - or the next.

Chasing6

Reaction score
And why do some keep perpetuating a Lance-to-Las Vegas scenario?
The Raiders have no interest in him this season - or the next.
He has proven absolutely nothing. He will be lucky to get entry level back up QB pay.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok. You keep believing we will guarantee him $25M, while he competes with Rush making $2M.

Why stop there just sign him to a 5 year deal.
That isn't at all what I said. You make such leaping assumptions just to fight I'm surprised you don't hurt your back.

I said show me the source...and you say I said he's gonna get signed. Ridiculous way to start your fight.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That isn't at all what I said. You make such leaping assumptions just to fight I'm surprised you don't hurt your back.

I said show me the source...and you say I said he's gonna get signed. Ridiculous way to start your fight.
Did Micah's 5th year get picked up?

Motorola

Reaction score
Not a full guaranteed contract. But he will have value on the open market, particularly for teams who will coerce him to compete for their starting job. 3y, 45m$ with 30m$ fully guaranteed at signing is not unrealistic. Gardner Minshew just got 2y 25m$ with 15m$ guaranteed at signing and he’d never be valued at a 4th round pick in a trade.
Minshew has been in the league 5 years, been in 49 games, 37 starts.

Lance - 3 years, 8 games, 4 starts; 6 games played in 2021, 2 games played in 2022, no games played in 2023.

Raiders considered Minshew's experience and play to sign him to compete with their 2nd-year QB Aiden O'Connell (2023 rookie).

No team is going to sign Lance to the contract you proposed with his very limited, truncated NFL resume.