Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Jacksonville Jaguars Postgame

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
With LVE out i assumed they had to play more clark and cox but im not sure. You very well could be right on how it affected DL personnel too.

I believe we primarily played Clark and Barr. It wasn't a very good game for Barr.

ghst187

Reaction score
It’s possible he could’ve ascended to #1 even if Amari was still here but sure would’ve been nice to have both. Gallup isn’t scaring anyone.

gimmesix

Reaction score
That ball should have been caught. No excuses.

Yeah, I've defended plenty of receivers on throws by Dak that were off, particularly those thrown behind the receiver when he's crossing the field, a very difficult catch to make. This one was not a difficult catch for an NFL receiver.

Surfguy

Reaction score
i liked the defense when everyone was healthy. but, now we see what we got with all the injuries and it's not where we need it to be with three games to go. that's the biggest concern at this point imo.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Well, since the division race is over maybe the pressure will ease up a bit for the team who is not responding as well as they should to it. That is a great concern because the playoffs is nothing but pressure.

gimmesix

Reaction score
It's awesome that we lose Anthony Brown and LVE, and the defense is in ruins. Everyone's favorite whipping boys getting some credit. Lol

True, but I think it's a cumulative factor. Brown, Lewis, LVE, Hankins, bunch of players dinged up like Parsons and Lawrence. Next man up is good in theory, but hardly ever works in practice when you have to keep relying on it.

Reactions: CWR

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
34 points should have been enuff to win games

poor performance by the Quinn defense

run defense gave up 100 yards ...and MISDIRECTIONS plays just kills this defense ...
Losing Hankins and LVE finally caught up to us.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
He’s a top 5 receiver. Guy is special. Hopefully the drop issues are history.

Not to split hairs but which multiple guys are you kicking out of this group to place him top 5?

Jefferson
Chase
Hill
Kupp
Diggs
Adams

He's stepped up since being questioned as a 1, no doubt. Would like to see a full season of it like these guys though. Definitely top 10.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Fact of the matter is the score was in essence 0-0 in OT; the Dallas defense stopped Lawrence yet Dak threw an ill pass which gave JAX the INT TD for the win......so nobody can make excuses by complaining about the Dallas defense as a means to deflect away from Dak and yet another INT (11 INT's in 9 games played this season).
ill pass, hitting the WR in his hands, exactly where it should be. WR doesn't catch it and its an ill pass!!! really...that's what you are going with? there are plenty of other things you could pick on, but that play!!!

yes, Dallas defense. giving up 500 yards.... offense held the ball for 33 minutes in regulation. 6,7 minutes more than Jax, so you can't even say the defense was tiring.

defense needs to do its job....they didn't. simply put. you score 34. you are up 17. that should be enough for you to win the game....

theanimal23

Reaction score
Same old story for about 15 years. Inconsistent. One of the top in the league in penalties. Poor game management.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Hes way to slow in coverage. He cant be in the game too long, just rotation only.

I'm a bit disappointed in Cox, maybe because I was expecting too much. He was the LB that we figured would be out there shining in coverage, but we just haven't used him much. We can blame the coaches for that, but there's probably a pretty good reason for it.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
What did this team do in the locker room at halftime?
Don't know what they did in the locker room at half, but they took a nap the entire 2nd half.
They couldn't have done a better job of giving the game away if they had tried. And this is the team that has to play Philly Christmas Eve?? :eek: