Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Jacksonville Jaguars Postgame

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
33 points is 33 points. You have a sorryazzz defense that let's an average team get 34 on you. Doesn't matter who your quarterback is. Now does it?
14 of those 34 points came off of turnovers by the QB, obviously including the game winner. I’d rather play more ball control and have longer sustaining drives like we did with Rush and score less points. This keeps the defense fresh and they’d be able to make more plays at the end of the game. The QB, HC, and OC fail to ever do this.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
HURT'S HAD 2 INT'S JUST SCORED 25 POINTS AND WON!
DAK HAD 2 INT'S YET SCORED 34 POINT'S AND LOST.......Philly 1 loss-Dallas 4.... Maybe you need more than a good quarterback to win in the NFL:huh:You need a TEAM....:huh:Same on defense...We needed one sack. Depended on 2 guys to get them. They failed we lose....Maybe you need a team....:huh:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
When they reviewed the catch on the final drive, why was there not a 10 second run off as haooened in the NY Wash game?

lsg13

Reaction score
Lol you've got to be kidding me. We are blaming that on Dak? These fans are awesome.

As much as we lose, you'd think guys would learn to take an L.
Only losers learn to take L's

Mannix

Reaction score
What's crazy is Ceedee lamb was triple covered lol. Noah was one-on-one and I believe Gallup might have been one on one or doubled. Also, Martin and Tyron missed a stunt hand off and number 91 got to dak pretty quickly. Martin stayed with his guy who went wide and Tyron smith guy went inside. I wish Dak would have took a sack there or tired to just run but when the play call is to run everyone deep like that it was a stupid play from the beginning. Kellen Moore special. I wish he would go take a college head coaching job somewhere. It was stupid of the cowboys to make him train on the job as an OC. We don't have time to waste guy's careers waiting for Kellen Moore to get it. And McCarthy being a head coach should have vetoed that call as soon as it was made. Run the ball you win the game. Simple.
Gallup can be easily covered by a nose tackle…he cannot be the starter next year.

shabazz

Reaction score
The really disheartening part of this loss was that on offense the Cowboys followed the perfect script. They rushed 40 times, only threw 30 times and only committed 2 penalties……that the scenarios in which we win over 90% of our games

the difference was the defense getting just 1 sack and giving up 500 yards. They blew it

quickccc

Reaction score
Gallup can be easily covered by a nose tackle…he cannot be the starter next year.

- The long term re-signed Gallup will be the 3rd starter if we sign Beckham,.
the irony would be both will still be in a recovery to strength mode due to very recent ACL injuries.

- Gally just isn't fully recovered from ACL - some players take up to a full year to do so. ..and that's where Gally appears to be.
ACL recovery varies with players and he's cumbersome and laboring making cut and breaks in his routes.
He's just not getting separation, and he's lost his vertical deep speed this year.

- They will give him a full year removed(2023) from his ACL injury.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The really disheartening part of this loss was that on offense the Cowboys followed the perfect script. They rushed 40 times, only threw 30 times and only committed 2 penalties……that the scenarios in which we win over 90% of our games

the difference was the defense getting just 1 sack and giving up 500 yards. They blew it

Not running the ball and taking all of Jacksonville's timeouts at the end of the 4th was inexcusable. They did the same thing in Tampa two years ago. They have the ball with a chance to either eat up almost all the clock OR all the other team's timeouts with three runs. There was absolutely no justification for passing there except somebody's ego. Moore? Dak? McCarthy? All three? I don't know who it is but being stupid there probably cost them the game.... If they didn't have the timeout when they got the ball back Jacksonville would have run out of time on their side of the 50.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Not running the ball and taking all of Jacksonville's timeouts at the end of the 4th was inexcusable. They did the same thing in Tampa two years ago. They have the ball with a chance to either eat up almost all the clock OR all the other team's timeouts with three runs. There was absolutely no justification for passing there except somebody's ego. Moore? Dak? McCarthy? All three? I don't know who it is but being stupid there probably cost them the game.... If they didn't have the timeout when they got the ball back Jacksonville would have run out of time on their side of the 50.

Well, hound dog, you got your wish. You wanted the Cowboys to lose another game so they can get motivated for the playoffs. What is your next strategy?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Well, hound dog, you got your wish. You wanted the Cowboys to lose another game so they can get motivated for the playoffs. What is your next strategy?

It wasn't about motivation necessarily but more about getting the media off their nuts. This game has done that in spades. They will get crushed in the media all this week and if they beat Philly this Saturday it will be because the Eagles have nothing to play for.. Then the Cowboys can treat those last two games like preseason games and hopefully get themselves healed up for the playoffs. But the pattern of stupid coaching decisions has already cost me any hope of this bunch doing anything in the playoffs anyway.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm at a point now that I just don't care. We are either good enough or not. We aren't going to avoid tough match ups for long and if/when we take a playoff loss I won't feel it was just a bad match up and what if. This team will either pull it together or earn the loss. It won't be like losing to the Giants as a #1 seed etc.

CWR---- i totally hear you....we cannot avoid tough match-ups if supposedly we close to #1 offense and top #5 defemse.....its terrible not that we lost but how we lost.....same with Green Bay.....we had never lost a

game by leading 14 points 4th quarter in 195 such games going way back......there is something fundamentally wrong with this team.....people blame Noah Brown...but do you remember Ceedee lamb dropping

that super easy catch against Giants?.....we dont talk about that cause we won that game....Noah Brown is a good receiver who made a bad play at a crucial time so it is magnified.....now i bet every player

is thinking...no lead is safe for us.....we will melt down and right before playoffs......and i was the super rah rah cheerleader....No way man...we wont be One and Done...or even 2 and Done we are going to

make some serious Noise.....now to be honest after sleeping on it......we are who we are.....a very super inconsistent team heading into last 3 games of regular season and playoffs......but check this out

who is to say freaky wierd stuff cant happen in playoffs and we win games maybe we should not win?......anything can happen....i guarantee no one thought last year that Cincy was almost going to win

Super Bowl????.......so NFL is inconsistent too.....back 30-40 years ago you knew who were the bad-*** teams and who were not....its different now.....anything can happen from any team....so i am here

on Monday not a bit upset like i was yesterday.....Dallas is who they appear to be....super inconsistent....that does not mean impossible to make serious noise in playoffs....but the other teams have to play

inconsistent too......we have sustained too many injuries.....i hope we are not One and Done......and i will probably get all jacked up and rah rah rah....but that is what fans do

Reactions: CWR

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It wasn't about motivation necessarily but more about getting the media off their nuts. This game has done that in spades. They will get crushed in the media all this week and if they beat Philly this Saturday it will be because the Eagles have nothing to play for.. Then the Cowboys can treat those last two games like preseason games and hopefully get themselves healed up for the playoffs. But the pattern of stupid coaching decisions has already cost me any hope of this bunch doing anything in the playoffs anyway.

i agree with Ronnie----i said this is a super inconsistent team....but what is NOT inconsistent is STUPID COACHING DECISIONS at crucial times....i was in the chat room when we were leading 34-31 and

it was 3rd and 10.....so many were saying run the ball so Jags have to burn final timeout then kick it.....nope FAT Mike...duhhh we play aggressive...we throw super low percentage passes so other team

does not have to call time out and can save it to tie us up in regulation.....and by then Cowboys had lost so much confidence.....yes we stopped Jags but just like it had been decades siince Dallas lost

a game leading by 14 in 4th Qtr Green bay....we found a way to do it.....so Noah Brown who is a good reciever and had 2 TD's a allowed a pass to bounce off his chest just like CeeDee did againt

the Giants...( except we won that game so no one talks about it ).....Cowboys are super inconsistent except for bad coaching decisions....after 50 years fan of Cowboys and NFL this kind of bad stuff

has to fall on Head Coach......Just the way it has always been....but probably not with old man Jerry on his super Yacht half drunk on Johnnie Walker Blue label ( 250 a fifth ).....probably will say

we like our coaches and players....Jerry has marketed Cowboys to be worth north of 8 billion i heard....and that is not by winning super bowls....so why upset the apple cart now??????