Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Las Vegas Raiders | Postgame Thread

rambo2

Reaction score
Mostly all positives tonight.

Aubrey, Lance, Guyton, Beebe, Deuce, Liafau.

Two negatives I saw were special teams coverage and lack of pass rush.

However, our two best pass rushers weren’t playing either was Carl Lawson. A good majority of our special teamers were out as well.

Defense looks fast. Linebackers look really good. Liafau, Carson, Flournoy look like they can contribute right away.

No known injuries and a great showing against a teams 1s.
Their pass rushers didn't play.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GVPV-wIa0AAGQli

shabazz

Reaction score
And some not so young. I thought the interior of the line looked better with Phillips and Huggins in there. We gave up one run early where the linebacker didn't fill, but they were holding their ground and fighting. Kneeland was a big part of that as well.
Fundamental tackling and wrap up was nice to see.....even though it's just preseason

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I tell you who looked really good in limited snaps…Marshawn Kneeland. The guy is powerful as hell, has a non-stop motor and is always watching the ball. He never loses sight of it and has a great sense of what the offense is trying to do.

IMO, the guy is going to be very good as a rookie.

plasticman

Reaction score
Some of these players are making the cutdown decisions really difficult for the coaches. I think many of the guys we want on the practice squad aren't going to be available.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know why I feel so much better than I did after last week's game, but I do. The outcome of preseason games mean absolutely nothing, but winning is a mindset, so it's always good to come out on top.. Trey, Deuce, Liufau, Guyton, Beebe and Aubrey all give me hope. Every team is 0-0. I choose optimism.

Mark

Reaction score
Interesting how the two teams were seemingly evaluating different things. Raiders QBs threw the ball a combined 54 times, while Trey Lance aired 23 of the Cowboys' 26 passes - in what was clearly a good, long look at him.

Nice to see Deuce get a little work (if 5 carries qualifies). I imagine DAL would take 137 yds. rushing p/g this season if they could get it.

Looks like the trade for Booth could prove to be a good one, if tonight was any indication.

McMath caught every ball thrown at him, and ended up the team's leading receiver in limited minutes.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I tell you who looked really good in limited snaps…Marshawn Kneeland. The guy is powerful as hell, has a non-stop motor and is always watching the ball. He never loses sight of it and has a great sense of what the offense is trying to do.

similar trajectory as Dlaw who was also lacking in pass rush moves early on in his career.

rambo2

Reaction score
Flournoy is making the team. I think Vaughn is making the team. Peat is interesting. Are they hiding him? Freeman should make the team.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Exactly right AsthmaField. Last week I said he would go from a WHO? after the pick to a fan favorite before the season was over.

Loving what I've seen from him so far. He earned a couple of holding calls that the refs missed also.