Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Las Vegas Raiders | Postgame Thread

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I missed the game but it appears that Lance played well. Can’t wait to see how the Lance haters in the media and on the board spin this one.
Lance did ok in the 2nd half. Plated better than the 1st half. Still has a long way to go, but he made a few key pass plays downfield and he used his legs to move the sticks and eventually get into the endzone. 151 yards passing is less than last week's 188 passing yards, but Lance passed only 23 times tonight compared to 41 last week. Nice improvement. Still has much work to do but still is not good enough to supplant Cooper Rush for the QB2 spot. Just keep on improving at this point.

mmohican29

Reaction score
1) All Lance needs is snaps. Period. He was very good tonight vs plus depth chart competition. Got better with more throws, and very good wheels.

Put him in with the 1st String weapons and you have a 2016 Dak starter set.

2) Liafau and Guyton are studs.

3) LB's much improved

4) Aubrey may set the NFL record someday.

4) DB's. This is a nice, nice group of kids. All hustle and hit. Tough decisions there coming.

I wish them all the best of luck: I think many can play in this league.

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
Lance did ok in the 2nd half. Plated better than the 1st half. Still has a long way to go, but he made a few key pass plays downfield and he used his legs to move the sticks and eventually get into the endzone. 151 yards passing is less than last week's 188 passing yards, but Lance passed only 23 times tonight compared to 41 last week. Nice improvement. Still has much work to do but still is not good enough to supplant Cooper Rush for the QB2 spot. Just keep on improving at this point.
If Lance plays well next week. He will be the 2nd qb.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I hope all the air you punched during the game cause Lance was playing well helps you sleep tonight, bro!
You have me all wrong if you think I’m pulling against him. You thinking he’s going to be winning a lot of football games for us this season and into the future is pretty hilarious. Lol

McMicah

Reaction score
Man this secondary is going to be hard to cut down. They have serious options at CB like 5-6 deep

The LB position will likely be the most improved from last year and I’m not sure it will even be close

Already love what I see from Phillips and even Rogers at DT

Lance still needs a lot of experience and snaps but no one can deny he can do things Dak can’t. That’s kinda fun after 8 years of the same stuff

I really want them to give Deuce a whole quarter or something. Let the man cook.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
similar trajectory as Dlaw who was also lacking in pass rush moves early on in his career.
Yeah… I do think Kneeland is better at locating the ball as a rookie than Lawrence was. Every time I watched Kneeland’s college play, it jumped out to me how he always seemed to locate the ball quickly.

Not that Tank couldn’t locate the ball, but Kneeland is exceptional, IMO.

A lot of his game is very similar to Tank’s though.

rambo2

Reaction score
You have me all wrong if you think I’m pulling against him. You thinking he’s going to be winning a lot of football games for us this season and into the future is pretty hilarious. Lol
Give some thoughts on Deuce Vaughn.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Man this secondary is going to be hard to cut down. They have serious options at CB like 5-6 deep

The LB position will likely be the most improved from last year and I’m not sure it will even be close

Already love what I see from Phillips and even Rogers at DT

Lance still needs a lot of experience and snaps but no one can deny he can do things Dak can’t. That’s kinda fun after 8 years of the same stuff

I really want them to give Deuce a whole quarter or something. Let the man cook.
What can Lance do that Dak can't? Enlighten us...

mmohican29

Reaction score
Some of these players are making the cutdown decisions really difficult for the coaches. I think many of the guys we want on the practice squad aren't going to be available.
I agree. Especially @ DB.

I can't remember a preseason where the Cowboys had so many DB'S who flashed 100% NFL talent that deep on the depth chart.

Patrick

Reaction score
Deuce, Trey, and Booth had some real nice plays tonight.

Trey needs an opportunity with guys who can at least make a practice squad, he looked good after he settled in.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-al...d-field-goal-in-preseason-game-034820853.html

According to Next Gen Stats, Aubrey's FG would have been good from 72 yards.

For historical context, here are the longest FGs ever made in regulation.

College Football - 69 yards
High School - 68 yards
NFL - 66 yards
UFL (Including USFL & XFL histories) - 64 Yards
CFL - 62 Yards

No other American or Canadian rules based leagues or levels has produce any 60 yard FGs.

Aubrey's kick tonight was the longest made FG kick as far as distance traveled in air in football history.