Game Day Dallas Cowboys at Las Vegas Raiders | Postgame Thread

Zman5

Reaction score
I think Lance has the tools to play a QB in the NFL. It's going to take playing time and some good coaching. The problem for the Cowboys is his contract status. This is his last year of his rookie contract. Will he sign a team friendly contract to stay here? If not, we may be wasting our time developing a QB for another team.

shabazz

Reaction score
Lance did ok in the 2nd half. Plated better than the 1st half. Still has a long way to go, but he made a few key pass plays downfield and he used his legs to move the sticks and eventually get into the endzone. 151 yards passing is less than last week's 188 passing yards, but Lance passed only 23 times tonight compared to 41 last week. Nice improvement. Still has much work to do but still is not good enough to supplant Cooper Rush for the QB2 spot. Just keep on improving at this point.
Very fair and measured evaluation

mmohican29

Reaction score
If Lance plays well next week. He will be the 2nd qb.
They should bump him now and ANNOUNCE it as a permanent move tbh. Here's why.

1) we know Rush's ceiling. He's ok but he is not dynamic enough to beat a high caliber team in the post-season

2) Lance is no worse than Rush right now. He really isn't. Noone is beating the door down to acquire Cooper Rush for a reason.

3) Puts pressure on Dak to sign a deal that saves cap space or be prepared for a move. He can look no further than his own career and 2016.

A raw, hungry, athletic QB can go pretty far with great talent around him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
6.8 yards per carry. He has also looked good in camp. He is going to make the team.
He had 12 of his 34 yards on one run. He looks like he did last preseason. Not drafting an RB opened the door for him but his roster spot is far from a lock. I don’t see the Cowboys making him part of the 53 if they’re going to make him a healthy scratch for games during the season like last year.

rambo2

Reaction score
He had 12 of his 34 yards on one run. He looks like he did last preseason. Not drafting an RB opened the door for him but his roster spot is far from a lock.
You have already said that he isn't making the team.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Lance did ok in the 2nd half. Plated better than the 1st half. Still has a long way to go, but he made a few key pass plays downfield and he used his legs to move the sticks and eventually get into the endzone. 151 yards passing is less than last week's 188 passing yards, but Lance passed only 23 times tonight compared to 41 last week. Nice improvement. Still has much work to do but still is not good enough to supplant Cooper Rush for the QB2 spot. Just keep on improving at this point.
Yes he is.

Cooper Rush is a known commodity as a quality back up QB and absolutely nothing more.

You just saw Lance outplay both starters for Vegas with less talent. And he was better than Rush (tonight anyway).

plymkr

Reaction score
I am pretty excited about Booth and Kneeland. Booth got beat once but his open field tackling was good. A lot of effort. Kneeland was getting to the ball. Obviously Lance, Deuce, Audrey and our offensive line will be talked about but I’m pretty fixated on Kneeland and Booth. Tonight was a fun night.

Lance is showing progress but he still needs growth. Our RBs looked better, even Malik Davis made some runs. Offensive line may be better than I thought. So yeah, overall an encouraging night. And no injuries!! Got to love that.

shabazz

Reaction score
1) we know Rush's ceiling. He's ok but he is not dynamic enough to beat a high caliber team in the post-season
Do we REALLY know that for sure?.....I bet he could have been the winning qb for us in that playoff win against the 8-9 Bucs.

some of these guys play their best when the lights are brightest.

I assume nothing

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You have already said that he isn't making the team.
I said that last year but after losing Pollard in free agency and not drafting an RB, I said that may keep him around another year. You need to keep up with my posts.

rambo2

Reaction score
I said that last year but after losing Pollard in free agency and not drafting an RB, I said that may keep him around another year. You need to keep up with my posts.
You need to keep with your own posts. You were bragging about Deuce not making the team this year. No need to lie about it.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yes he is.

Cooper Rush is a known commodity as a quality back up QB and absolutely nothing more.

You just saw Lance outplay both starters for Vegas with less talent. And he was better than Rush (tonight anyway).
I’m a Lance guy and I agree he outplayed the Raiders QBs. As of tonight I’m still a little hesitant to give him the QB2. I think in a real game if Dak went down Rush would have experience and reading defenses as an advantage but Lance would have mobility and playmaking as an advantage. Two plays come to mind with Lance. One was a designed run on 4th down (I believe it was 4th) and he made 2 people miss and everyone knew it was going to be a run. Then on his running TD everyone knew it was going to be a run and he still made the play. That’s a factor Rush doesn’t have. So I don’t know. Encouraging game. He showed progress which is exciting.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You need to keep with your own posts. You were bragging about Deuce not making the team this year. No need to lie about it.
I know exactly what I posted and I wasn’t bragging. I said last year he wouldn’t make the team in 2024 but after losing Pollard in free agency and not drafting an RB like we all expected, I changed my opinion. I also said that the new KO rule may save him a roster spot. You need to follow along but you disappear during the off-season and I don’t.

endersdragon

Reaction score
I’m a Lance guy and I agree he outplayed the Raiders QBs. As of tonight I’m still a little hesitant to give him the QB2. I think in a real game if Dak went down Rush would have experience and reading defenses as an advantage but Lance would have mobility and playmaking as an advantage. Two plays come to mind with Lance. One was a designed run on 4th down (I believe it was 4th) and he made 2 people miss and everyone knew it was going to be a run. Then on his running TD everyone knew it was going to be a run and he still made the play. That’s a factor Rush doesn’t have. So I don’t know. Encouraging game. He showed progress which is exciting.
My thoughts are, if Dak was to go down for just a few weeks I would want Rush to keep the wheels on the bus since we know he can do that. If Dak was to go down long term, let's see what Lance has as he has the ability to take over games that Rush just doesn't have and thus could beat teams Rush couldn't. For that reason Rush will continue to be our #2 as he can come immediately after any injury, but Lance could get the start the following week (especially if we were to lose)

mmohican29

Reaction score
Do we REALLY know that for sure?.....I bet he could have been the winning qb for us in that playoff win against the 8-9 Bucs.

some of these guys play their best when the lights are brightest.

I assume nothing

I do think he would have beaten TB.

I also think he likely would have beaten SF witnessing Dak's wilting in that contest.

That said: the reason Dak is starter is he's big-picture better with better talent.

Lance is the greater talent as well. Is he better than Rush?

We don't know. But: I think he has more to present to a defense in total and it's worth leaning that way.

rambo2

Reaction score
I know exactly what I posted and I wasn’t bragging. I said last year he wouldn’t make the team in 2024 but after losing Pollard in free agency and not drafting an RB like we all expected, I changed my opinion. I also said that the new KO rule may save him a roster spot. You need to follow along but you disappear during the off-season and I don’t.
Lol