Game Day Dallas Cowboys at San Francisco 49ers | Postgame Thread

lsg13

Reaction score
I'm not suggesting Dak is "top-tier." Simply observing that, during his tenure with the Cowboys, he's generally been constricted to play within a nostalgic scheme that consistently accentuates his weaknesses, while suppressing his strengths.
what are his strengths that have been suppressed?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
223-56 on rushing..............you are not beating anybody in the NFL with a stat line like this...................and yeah, Dak sucked as usual against the 49ers, he is now what 0-4 against them?

On the bright side, they only lost by 6 points and I was expecting a blowout, so I guess that is the silver lining if you are into moral victories.............we didnt ge blown out, whoo whoo !!!!!

mmohican29

Reaction score
I'm not suggesting Dak is "top-tier." Simply observing that, during his tenure with the Cowboys, he's generally been constricted to play within a nostalgic scheme that consistently accentuates his weaknesses, while suppressing his strengths.
Here's what you're missing:

This isn't the rookie warrior QB of 2016. A battling, tough distributor of the football who protected the ball.

This is as polished as he will ever be as a passer. And now his best youthful traits are gone: mobility, mental toughness.

His signing was a horrific mistake that will keep us as a mid-tier (or worse) football team with ZERO chance @ a championship.

This is proven. It was an absurd signing. I'm not sure what I would do if I were GM. Actually I do:

I'm drafting a QB Rd 1 in 2025. And I'm moving heaven earth to grab the best talent @ the position with every intention of getting him under center as fast as possible.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Here's what you're missing:

This isn't the rookie warrior QB of 2016. A battling, tough distributor of the football who protected the ball.

This is as polished as he will ever be as a passer. And now his best youthful traits are gone: mobility, mental toughness.

His signing was a horrific mistake that will keep us as a mid-tier (or worse) football team with ZERO chance @ a championship.

This is proven. It was an absurd signing. I'm not sure what I would do if I were GM. Actually I do:

I'm drafting a QB Rd 1 in 2025. And I'm moving heaven earth to grab the best talent @ the position with every intention of getting him under center as fast as possible.
Good points.............paying Dak $60 a year was just stupid.

I know the fanboys will tell me to "go find another team", but man I just have zero interest in the Cowboys right now. I used to come to this site every day, not its like once or twice a week tops.

I will probably not even bother logging back on till next Sunday..............anybody else feel this way?

mmohican29

Reaction score
Good points.............paying Dak $60 a year was just stupid.

I know the fanboys will tell me to "go find another team", but man I just have zero interest in the Cowboys right now. I used to come to this site every day, not its like once or twice a week tops.

I will probably not even bother logging back on till next Sunday..............anybody else feel this way?
I'm unfortunately too vested to stop watching altogether- but this team, this franchise, what it was...

It's all a memory. The Dallas Cowboys owe me nothing. Jerry Jones does: because he ruined all of it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm unfortunately too vested to stop watching altogether- but this team, this franchise, what it was...

It's all a memory. The Dallas Cowboys owe me nothing. Jerry Jones does: because he ruined all of it.
I hear you bro, memories is all we got now..............at least I saw the 3 SB wins in the 90s, I will probably be dead by the time the Cowboys make another one:laugh:

Maybe my 2 young daughters will see the Cowboys in another SB some time in their lifetime, but I have accepted the fact I probably never will.

See you guys next week, I think I am logging off till then................PEACE OUT

Surfguy

Reaction score
The season is over. The cowboys can pretend they are going on a run. We’ve got a junk status season on our hands. We’re down to questioning who they can beat. This is us and it’s not good.

lsg13

Reaction score
The season is over. The cowboys can pretend they are going on a run. We’ve got a junk status season on our hands. We’re down to questioning who they can beat. This is us and it’s not good.
You're right, it's now a junk season, they are going to struggle to win any of the next few games... another missed playoff season for a team folks were saying had a chance to contend... train wreck.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Well well well! What did I tell you about Dak Prescott? He can't beat good teams! He goes long periods without scoring! The defense shows up and Prescott is MIA.
You fools supporting him getting paid are getting exactly what you deserve and will get for years to come as long as he is under center. You people supporting the Cowboys are only enabling Jerry to get away with this inferior QB and RB.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
More of the same of this season so far, basically a microcosm. Terrible decision making and throws by dak, a defense who can’t consistently get stops and once the other team figures us out then we know there’s an avalanche coming. No run game at all.

Injuries are a factor for sure, but this team has so many flaws the problems go beyond that. A lost offseason encapsulated by now what appears to be a lost season.

Hadenough

Reaction score
More of the same of this season so far, basically a microcosm. Terrible decision making and throws by dak, a defense who can’t consistently get stops and once the other team figures us out then we know there’s an avalanche coming. No run game at all.

Injuries are a factor for sure, but this team has so many flaws the problems go beyond that. A lost offseason encapsulated by now what appears to be a lost season.
Well deserved loss! This is what Jerry and the people get for supporting a crap QB.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Remember when I suggested not paying Dak and bringing in players to challenge him for the starting job. I suggest Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold should of been brought in. These idiots laughed and claimed Dak was way better than them. Hahaha who's laughing now!

visionary

Reaction score
223-56 on rushing..............you are not beating anybody in the NFL with a stat line like this...................and yeah, Dak sucked as usual against the 49ers, he is now what 0-4 against them?

On the bright side, they only lost by 6 points and I was expecting a blowout, so I guess that is the silver lining if you are into moral victories.............we didnt ge blown out, whoo whoo !!!!!
Jerry is that you?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
One thing lost in the discussion of this game is that SF isn’t very good. They look like a .500 team and they handled us pretty easily.